PDA

View Full Version : deal or no deal?

Cas
06-08-2006, 07:09 AM
a buddy of mine sunk his boat above the carbs a couple of weeks ago. I got the motor all cleaned out and running for him but he now has the issues of cleaning the tanks, carbs and a few other things. He's got a large oval port Offy tunnel ram with 2 Edelbrock 600's that he's wanting to trade for my Weiand Team G single plane and a Holley 750dp that has a Bigs stage 5 build on it.
My stuff can be bolted up and run.
His carbs need to come apart to be totally gone through.
He's offering me his stuff plus $100.00 for my carb and intake. I have no intention on using a TR and the Team G/Holley are just sitting on my bench as a decoration.
Would the TR with dual carbs be a better bench decoration?
Deal or No Deal?

acatitude
06-08-2006, 07:13 AM
Cant help ya with the trade Cas, but I would suggest you not let your family go boating in his boat :rolleyes:

Cas
06-08-2006, 07:16 AM
rookie boater...pulled his boat up on shore to kick back a bit. Problem is it was on Memorial Day weekend in a big part of the lake with lots of roll bar boats and a little wind. He didn't know to set an anchor to put the boat bow out....3 waves later, boat decided to be a submarine.

Taylorman
06-08-2006, 07:21 AM
No deal, i thing your carb is much better than his stuff.

QuickJet
06-08-2006, 07:28 AM
I say deal. Since your going to use it as bench decor anyways, a TR always ads the illusion of power. Shit it works on half the damn boats out there.
What scoop was he running and are you gettting that with the deal?

Cas
06-08-2006, 07:42 AM
Tman,
That's where the hang up is with me, this carb alone is about $600 new. I've only run it for maybe 30 hours.
Qjet,
No mention about the scoop but I figure he won't have any need for it but it's nothing real special

Taylorman
06-08-2006, 07:56 AM
I would not get ride of it. That single holley will outperform dual edelbrocks. It did on my boat anyway.

roostwear
06-08-2006, 08:07 AM
So you'd trade a 750 dp for 2 Edelbrocks (the manifolds are a wash)? Geez Cas, don't make me smack some sense into you... j/k :D

victorfb
06-08-2006, 09:19 AM
id say the key word here is "buddy". how good of a buddy is he? ive given, traded, and sold stuff cheap to some of my buddies that needed it. if you dont have a need or a plan for the holley, id think the trade would be cool. your friend would be stoked. its an old cliche but "think outside the box". you can probably sell the edelbrocks to the offroad community for more than the holley. and as roostwear said "the intakes are a wash".

cyclone
06-08-2006, 10:05 AM
If we're talking about trading decorative items....that tunnel ram and carbs would make an excellent base for a coffee table!

Cas
06-08-2006, 11:53 AM
I used the term buddy pretty loosely, he's more like a good acquaintance that uses my lack of knowledge due to his lacking more :D
The Team G was going to go on ebay, craigslist and the spam section very shortly but the carb was going to be kept for awhile. I want to compare the differences in performance between a 750vs, a 750dp and an 850dp on my engine.
For now, I think I'm just going to let him use the intake and carb to get him going again.