PDA

View Full Version : Rev limiter?

Taylorman
06-08-2006, 09:29 AM
Im gonna pull my rev limiter this weekend. I have a 5000 rpm chip in my msd box and i know my engine is really close to that. What happens when the rev limiter kicks in. When the rpms are just barely touching the rev limit, does the engine run bad where its really noticeable that the rev limiter is kicked in? I just noticed that the chip i have is a 5000. I know those chips are not the exact rpm and they vary a little. I may be hitting the rev limit at 4950 which i have seen on my tach numerous times.

victorfb
06-08-2006, 10:12 AM
get a higher rpm chip. yes, it runs like crap when activated.

Taylorman
06-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Then i must not be hitting it cause it runs good.

IMPATIENT 1
06-08-2006, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE=Taylorman]Im gonna pull my rev limiter this weekend. I have a 5000 rpm chip in my msd box and i know my engine is really close to that. What happens when the rev limiter kicks in. When the rpms are just barely touching the rev limit, does the engine run bad where its really noticeable that the rev limiter is kicked in? I just noticed that the chip i have is a 5000. I know those chips are not the exact rpm and they vary a little. I may be hitting the rev limit at 4950 which i have seen on my tach numerous times.[/QUOTE
YOU'LL KNOW IT WHEN YOU HITS THE LIMITER.MSD'S TAKES IT EASY ON THE MILL WHEN THEY DO LIMIT BY NOT DROPPING OUT THE SAME CYLINDER TWICE IN A ROW,KEEPS THE CYLINDER FROM LOADING UP WITH FUEL.PUT A 5500 CHIP IN IT AND SMASH DOWN ON THE SILLY GAS I SEE YOU INSTALLED