PDA

View Full Version : Why does a persons word mean nothing?

luvmyboat
06-08-2006, 10:24 AM
I was cleaning out the garage and agreed to sell to a co-worker a 454 block, 2 sets of heads (he is a mechanic), crank, aluminum rods, valve covers, dist, for $500.00. I put the stuff in my truck, bring it in and suddenly he is dancing and backing out. 1/2 the stuff was from a friend and I already paid him his half. So now I am out 250 and I am giving 80% of an engine a ride in the back of my truck. WHY don't people keep to their word? I guess I will put it up for sale in the classified, will deliver LA / IE area. Mike

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-08-2006, 10:27 AM
people suck .. Sorry you loaded it already. But next time I bet you wait to load it after you get half down at least. :) and say you pick up.

3 daytona`s
06-08-2006, 10:39 AM
The saddest part is, getting more common and affecting all parts of life business dealings and personal dealings.A persons reputation used to be extremely important not to all anymore :confused:

MagicMtnDan
06-08-2006, 10:42 AM
It's all about communication. Too bad you had to go to so much trouble only to have him back out.

obnoxious001
06-08-2006, 10:42 AM
I was cleaning out the garage and agreed to sell to a co-worker a 454 block, 2 sets of heads (he is a mechanic), crank, aluminum rods, valve covers, dist, for $500.00. I put the stuff in my truck, bring it in and suddenly he is dancing and backing out. 1/2 the stuff was from a friend and I already paid him his half. So now I am out 250 and I am giving 80% of an engine a ride in the back of my truck. WHY don't people keep to their word? I guess I will put it up for sale in the classified, will deliver LA / IE area. Mike
Hmm,, sounds like it could be cheap depending on parts.. PM with particulars please

3 daytona`s
06-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Hey, luvmyboat---Remember The old saying screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on ME.

HocusPocus
06-08-2006, 11:21 AM
i hear ya... same thing happened to me. my wifes brother wanted to buy my daycruiser and wanted me to hold for a couple weeks. 3 months later i still had the boat and he was still saying "give me a couple weeks"... needless to say i sold the boat, and it wasn't to my brother in law. now he wants my dodge caravan im selling... like thats ever gonna happen. :crossx:

superdave013
06-08-2006, 11:32 AM
if those are 990 heads I'll come and get that stuff with 500 in cash!

Ziggy
06-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Wedding Vows are like that for some people too......

Her454
06-08-2006, 11:46 AM
if those are 990 heads I'll come and get that stuff with 500 in cash!
I'll vouch for SD, he can keep his word, he just cant keep a secret LOL. :rollside:

ratso
06-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Wedding Vows are like that for some people too......
...don't hijack this thread Ziggy. There is another one going for comments like that... :D :D :D

superdave013
06-08-2006, 11:58 AM
I'll vouch for SD, he can keep his word, he just cant keep a secret LOL. :rollside:
sure I can, I just can't keep yours.
Now if you only knew what Jordy told me. ;) lol

Her454
06-08-2006, 11:59 AM
sure I can, I just can't keep yours.
Now if you only knew what Jordy told me. ;) lol
LOL, I dont have any to tell. http://www.surromomsonline.com/support/images/angel-smiley.gif

a catered life
06-08-2006, 12:02 PM
i hear ya... same thing happened to me. my wifes brother wanted to buy my daycruiser and wanted me to hold for a couple weeks. 3 months later i still had the boat and he was still saying "give me a couple weeks"... needless to say i sold the boat, and it wasn't to my brother in law. now he wants my dodge caravan im selling... like thats ever gonna happen. :crossx:
hey wait a focking minute did you say a dodge caravan..you are now banned for life from the he-man woman haters club :p joking

slotracer
06-08-2006, 12:22 PM
i know what you are talking about. people say they want something then never buy it. money up front for now on.

HocusPocus
06-08-2006, 01:41 PM
hey wait a focking minute did you say a dodge caravan..you are now banned for life from the he-man woman haters club :p joking
NOOOOOO!!!! :rollside: :rollside: .. but.. but, im selling it. i have trucks.. i really do, honest! :crossx: :crossx:

Tom Brown
06-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Why does a persons word mean nothing?
Good question. I remember back in high school, I told a girl I would pull out. :idea:

Not So Fast
06-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Whenever I sell something I use the "C.I.F." principle. Cash in Fist, period, saves a lot of hard feelings :cool: NSF

luvmyboat
06-08-2006, 05:43 PM
It was good to vent......I prefer to trust people, If I give my word, I will do everything possible to follow through. I have gotten a couple of responses interested in the parts.....it will feel great to 1. Get the back of my truck back 2. Tell the guy that HE LOST OUT! M.

Ion
06-08-2006, 06:32 PM
WHY don't people keep to their word?
Because there is a HUGE lack of integrity in this part of the country! There are far more flaky a-holes per capita out here than in the midwest. Maybe all that sunshine bakes the goodness out of their souls? Sad part is, they don't seem to be bothered by it! They could all use some karma work, like Earl!