PDA

View Full Version : Place Diverter Disassembly????

HotDogz
06-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Taking apart my place diverter to be powdercoated and I cannot figure out how to remove the bucket. The pins are flush and can only be pulled out somehow, unlike the other pins that can be hammered striaght thru. Maybe drill and tap it?
Looking for some assistance, cant go to the PC as is and this greenhorn is stumped. :mad:

BIGAMIST
06-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Drill it out.

lilrick
06-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Taking apart my place diverter to be powdercoated and I cannot figure out how to remove the bucket. The pins are flush and can only be pulled out somehow, unlike the other pins that can be hammered striaght thru. Maybe drill and tap it?
Looking for some assistance, cant go to the PC as is and this greenhorn is stumped. :mad:
DUDE!!! That one got me too!:D

HotDogz
06-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Drill and tap it is.
Will get new pins to replace the ones I drill. Damn pins are stainless too arent they? This'll be fun. :cry:

bccougarjet
06-08-2006, 08:11 PM
if you clean the end well , then crazy glue (locktite)a piece of same diameter steel with something you can grip ,you might get lucky,then just apply some heat to the bonded pieces and they come apart like nothing.ps dont go crazy with the glue and get it in the seams then you will have problems,if not your into the drill and tap good luck

bigpapasean
06-08-2006, 08:35 PM
just drilled mine wasent hard at all

HotDogz
06-09-2006, 08:53 AM
just drilled mine wasent hard at all
Did you have to replace the pins after drilling em? Did you tap it as well?
What a pain, pins set me back several days at the powdercoaters. :mad:
Need to finish and get in the water. :cry:
Thanks for the replies fellas.