PDA

View Full Version : GI: Double Calgo Steering from a V-Drive.

dmontzsta
06-08-2006, 02:33 PM
My boat currently has double cable steering (one cable down each side of the boat). I am going to switch it to traditional style V-Drive steering. But I was wondering if anyone here was interested in it? before it goes on ebay, if so, PM me your offer and I will see if the price is right. I have the complete set up.
THIS IS NOT A SPAM - JUST CHECKING TO SEE IF THIS IS SOMETHING JET BOATERS CAN USE - SINCE I HEARD THEY CAN. :)

dmontzsta
06-08-2006, 03:23 PM
No one wants your V-drive hand me downs!!! We buy all our steering components new from Home Depot. :yuk: :)
The same goes for your pumps too huh? lol. :)

Oldsquirt
06-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, the Calgo system for jets uses a different ratio than the v-drive system. Cable lengths are different also.

Code4
06-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Don,
PM VictorFB. He was looking for a system at one time.

steelcomp
06-09-2006, 05:42 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, the Calgo system for jets uses a different ratio than the v-drive system. Cable lengths are different also.Cable dia. is different too. Bigger on the V Drives.

victorfb
06-09-2006, 05:45 AM
thanks for the mention, but i allready found a calgo system. mike at rex marine just so happened to have one. :)
and yes the jet system differs from the v-drive.

dmontzsta
06-09-2006, 09:53 AM
thanks for the mention, but i allready found a calgo system. mike at rex marine just so happened to have one. :)
and yes the jet system differs from the v-drive.
Hi Vic. How are you and Toni doing?
I was just thinking about your kick ass ski tow. How hard would it be to make one for a BBF? :) I am looking for a nice 6 point mount like yours, but really snug to the motor, so it doesnt stick out.