PDA

View Full Version : Correction If Warranted!!

3 daytona`s
06-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Was at the ramp in B H C today and a pwc rental company and customers were getting aquainted/getting instructions/becoming experts.I was off to the side and listening to questions etc. then a BHC Police Dept.boat backs down ramp the customers ask the attendant if they could jet ski all the way to Havasu were told absolutley if have enough fuel and back on time.I had to ask the officer if I was mistaken about the PWC ban down river- he didn`t have a clue looked to the PWC Vendor and said that`s their job. I thought would change subject and asked if they had found the drowing victim from last weekend? He looks at me like I`m from Mars, what victim?Is there a PWC ban in the area discussed before on here?did they find the drowning victim from the past weekend?Where can I sign up for river detail here ?as they don`t know anything that`s pertaining to their job/area have a great gig boat up and down river supposed to patrol the Harrah`s stretch ( no wake) funny absolutley nuts often..But as proven down by the sandbar you can be your worst enemy.The PWC ban is moving in other parts of the country.

RitcheyRch
06-08-2006, 06:11 PM
Back in the late 90's rode my SeaDoo XP from Laughlin to Havasu and back. Had to get gas in Havasu for the return trip. Sure was one "Mr Toads WIld Ride"

3 daytona`s
06-08-2006, 06:20 PM
The QUESTION? is the wildlife area closed to PWC`s or not? :frown:

2Driver
06-08-2006, 06:43 PM
No it's not closed to PWC. Should it be: Yes! :yuk:

3 daytona`s
06-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Thanks!! thought earlier this week there was a post no PWC`s from up river to there and Havasu to the south end and that`s what everyone here is talking about just think it would be great if everyone knew for sure.Several others here in BHC read it that way.Want to tell it like it is. Thanks. :)

voodoomedman
06-08-2006, 08:14 PM
Thanks!! thought earlier this week there was a post no PWC`s from up river to there and Havasu to the south end and that`s what everyone here is talking about just think it would be great if everyone knew for sure.Several others here in BHC read it that way.Want to tell it like it is. Thanks. :)
Speed alley has a ban on PWC's and is no wake for boats. The main part of the river is not banned though. Devil's elbow will be a no wake zone soon but will not be banned to PWC's. Stuff shouldn't be banned. You should just know how to operate to use it. The four biggest problems IMHO are drunken boating, rentals, the fact that you can buy a used Sea Poo for a grand, and the fact that any Tom, Dick or Harry now refinances his overpriced Cali house and buys a 100 mph rocket and has never boated before.

78Southwind
06-08-2006, 08:30 PM
Yes it is closed to PWC but the main channel is open. So you can get from BHC to LHC but you can’t venture off into areas where wild life would be coves, shoreline …etcetera.

Tom Brown
06-08-2006, 08:33 PM
Many years ago, I rode my Kawasaki from BHC to LHC and back. It was no problem.
Last year, I rode my bike to the store, got some milk, and rode home.
..... all in the same gear. :cool:

voodoomedman
06-08-2006, 08:34 PM
And took a dump before leaving home, took a dump at the store and took a dump when you got home.

Rexone
06-08-2006, 08:43 PM
I once saw a fat chick on a PWC. I stopped and asked if she'd always been fat or if she was originally skinny and only got fat after getting married. She indicated she was only recently fat and didn't do dishes or housecleaning either. That was right before she spun the jet ski around and drenched my ass. I have no idea why she got so hostile.

Tom Brown
06-08-2006, 08:50 PM
They should make everything rope start. Then we'd see a lot fewer fat chicks, out and about.

Rexone
06-08-2006, 09:14 PM
They should make everything rope start. Then we'd see a lot fewer fat chicks, out and about.
I think every vehicle should have a crank on the front, just for the training factor.

Tom Brown
06-08-2006, 09:16 PM
I think every vehicle should have a crank on the front, just for the training factor.
I know a couple of women that could redline a big block, if they threw their weight into it.