PDA

View Full Version : I need some help from a PO PO.

cdog
06-08-2006, 06:14 PM
I got a tinted window ticket a while back and need to have it written off. Can anyone help a fellow hot boater out? Please PM me.
Thanks. :)

RitcheyRch
06-08-2006, 06:16 PM
Sometimes you can get by with paying a fine.

Jyruiz
06-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Roll your windows down and go to the police station, park farand if you are lucky, the officer will be too lazy to walk all the way out there and just right your ticket off. :)

Kilrtoy
06-08-2006, 07:40 PM
That is what happens when you live in the rich part of the city, the cops are bored

ahhell
06-08-2006, 07:45 PM
move to Az.....just kidding we're full now :220v:

probablecause
06-08-2006, 07:57 PM
@ 18.95 an hour to start, that would be a tough pill to swallow. Although all of the summer scenery would make it easier.

Mohave Vice
06-08-2006, 08:03 PM
I'm not sure, but I think that window tint now counts as a point on your dmv record here in California. I've helped a couple of friends here in ONT on their citations. What I did was, I went to Ontario Police Department and took photos of various employees cars in the employee parking lot. NUMEROUS vehicles with illegal tint. Photos presented to the judge in Rancho Court and their cases were thrown out. Can't say this will help you, but might give you a start.

Silver
06-08-2006, 08:04 PM
I got a tinted window ticket a while back and need to have it written off. Can anyone help a fellow hot boater out? Please PM me.
Pay the fine. That's what we did. Check to see if whomever did the tint job has a lifetime guarantee? If so remove the tint, sign the tic off, and retint the windows!
It's such a hassel being a bad ass, huh?

Mrs.Racer277
06-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Join the club. :yuk: I just got one coming home from Tahoe.

Ziggy
06-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Join the club. :yuk: .
Oh Great, now you're starting a club too?? :) :D :p

Jordy
06-08-2006, 10:03 PM
I just got one coming home from Tahoe.
Oh, I thought you said that Sean got one. What's the real story now Mouth??? :D :D :D

G-Body
06-08-2006, 10:13 PM
I don`t know about cali but in illinois everyone in the local f-body club has figured out ways around the tint tickets. If they are going to have the car tinted they will try to have pics of it in every season and then just show the old pics to the judge to get the ticket thrown out. Or if they already have the car tinted they will take a pic and then photoshop the windows lighter. Or swap their tires/plates onto a friends car that is the same color but without tint.
They have also had good luck duct taping the front license plate on and then taking that pic in if they get caught running w/o a front plate.

Tom Brown
06-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Pay the fine. That's what we did. Check to see if whomever did the tint job has a lifetime guarantee? If so remove the tint, sign the tic off, and retint the windows!
... and if there is no guarantee, get yourself a pipe cutter and cut the heads off parking meters to pay for the re-tint.

al cole'holic
06-08-2006, 10:16 PM
...since someone else is asking...I have one for no mirrors, one for no signals, one for no speedo/odo, one for no reg/title/vin, and one for no insurance. Thanks! :)

cdog
06-08-2006, 10:19 PM
The truck will be reg. in az. But that still doesn't change anything here in cali. At the time I had temp reg. I got the ticket off the 15 in corona by a chp while on the way to a B-Day party. I guess I get no help.

Tom Brown
06-08-2006, 10:21 PM
I guess I get no help.
If mocking counts as helping, we'll help you all we can.

cdog
06-08-2006, 10:23 PM
If mocking counts as helping, we'll help you all we can.
gracisas :rolleyes:

Mrs.Racer277
06-09-2006, 06:56 AM
Oh, I thought you said that Sean got one. What's the real story now Mouth??? :D :D :D
UGH----He did get the ticket. Sheesh I will mail it to YOU! But it was in my new car. :cry:

al cole'holic
06-14-2006, 08:30 PM
..thought I'd bring this back up since today was my due date for Clark County, got em extended....KILR you around at all for an autograph any time soon...??...maybe at the store ;)

dmontzsta
06-14-2006, 08:49 PM
I once received 3 tickets in a year. I finally said F it with the dark tint and realized where the CHP was coming from. I now use a lighter tint that can be seen through, but it keeps the sun rays off my interior.

Jordy
06-14-2006, 08:58 PM
I now use a lighter tint that can be seen through, but it keeps the sun rays off my interior.
Yeah, I bet the sun really eats up that burgandy tuck'n'roll crushed velvet huh??? :D :D :D

Cheap Thrills
06-14-2006, 08:58 PM
... and if there is no guarantee, get yourself a pipe cutter and cut the heads off parking meters to pay for the re-tint.
This didn't work so well for Luke.
C.T. :wink:

onetallhd
06-14-2006, 10:00 PM
I have gotten 3(thats right) tickets for tint all in the past six months. I have had to pull the tint off each time and go get it inspected, then when I leave I head straight to the tint shop and have it put back on. On the first ticket the front windows were pretty dark but the last 2 i went a lot lighter and still no love from the po po. Oh well I guess thats the price we pay for our windows. Good Luck!!

RitcheyRch
06-15-2006, 04:34 AM
I've had a few tinted windows tickets and have always paid a fine for them rather than removing the tint.
I have gotten 3(thats right) tickets for tint all in the past six months. I have had to pull the tint off each time and go get it inspected, then when I leave I head straight to the tint shop and have it put back on. On the first ticket the front windows were pretty dark but the last 2 i went a lot lighter and still no love from the po po. Oh well I guess thats the price we pay for our windows. Good Luck!!

topless
06-15-2006, 06:01 AM
The truck will be reg. in az. But that still doesn't change anything here in cali. At the time I had temp reg. I got the ticket off the 15 in corona by a chp while on the way to a B-Day party. I guess I get no help.just do what I always do, get the badge number of a cop and write it on the ticket then forge his name. Easy Presto and you're done. I have a few names and numbers on file. :crossx:

THOR
06-15-2006, 06:10 AM
This will cost you about $200.
$100 to get the tint off and about $100 to put it back on. Easy as pie. Just like the rest of us.

dmontzsta
06-15-2006, 06:51 AM
Yeah, I bet the sun really eats up that burgandy tuck'n'roll crushed velvet huh??? :D :D :D
More than you can imagine... :)

al cole'holic
06-15-2006, 09:03 PM
...alrighty, my buddy signed me off :cool:

H20Advantage
06-15-2006, 09:49 PM
...alrighty, my buddy signed me off :cool:
I wouldn't advertise this...technically breaking the law on both parties parts....

sorry dog
06-16-2006, 11:31 AM
Ever thought abut using a portable bandsaw...would be a lot less work and maybe easier to run with too.

al cole'holic
06-17-2006, 10:50 AM
I wouldn't advertise this...technically breaking the law on both parties parts....
...hey he saw my bike with mirrors, signals, odo, reg, and ins...but then I took it all off again :)

H20Advantage
06-17-2006, 11:32 AM
...hey he saw my bike with mirrors, signals, odo, reg, and ins...but then I took it all off again :)
:cool: Just don't want anyone to lose a good job over a minor traffic infraction. This board has alot of eyes and the wrong ones may make a mountain out of a molehill.
Just an item that might should be kept to PM status.
Now party on............ :p

ThongMagnet
06-17-2006, 11:59 AM
So, I tinted all my windows in AZ. (including the front windshield with a reflextive clear, no tint). Is the ticket the same price, and is this enough to get me pulled over? I have not had any trouble so far. (18 months)