PDA

View Full Version : Took my boat out. I'm about 95% there! !!

stashtrey
06-08-2006, 07:49 PM
New fuel pump made a huge difference. Now I just have some fine tuning with the timing. I was alone so I couldn't run the timing light. Did it by ear/feel and I think I'm just about there.
I was hauling ass up and down the river and let me tell you..... it felt GREAT! :crossx: :crossx:

lilrick
06-08-2006, 07:52 PM
TIME IT RIGHT!!

john
06-08-2006, 08:36 PM
[QUOTE=stashtrey]New fuel pump made a huge difference. Now I just have some fine tuning with the timing. I was alone so I couldn't run the timing light. Did it by ear/feel and I think I'm just about there.
I was hauling ass up and down the river and let me tell you..... it felt GREAT! :crossx: :crossx:[/QUOTE
where did u lanch at i have been on the river the last three days but today lanched at miller park going to camp far west lake late saturday camping till sunday to tune and have some fun

stashtrey
06-08-2006, 08:42 PM
I know about timing it right. I just couldn't help myself. Going out Sunday and I'll do it right with my light.
john- I put in at Discovery at around 6pm. Basically went back and forth from just south of the American and back up to Crawdads.
I normally don't put in at Discovery but weeknight's are low-key there. I had no problem by myself. I normally go up to Elk Horn and stay up that way. I don't like all the traffic down near Discovery and especially Miller Park. I went out there last Sunday and it was absolutely crazy. Too many waverunners zipping up and down and tons of cruisers around that stretch throwing out monster rollers.

john
06-08-2006, 08:46 PM
yea its busy there but im cheap and its free lol my first time was sunday it was crazy but first time out was fun

stashtrey
06-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Have you ever gone up past Verona? Go up the SAcramento at the Feather/Sac split. It's glass all the way up and never crowded. Great sand spots up there too. You can put in at Elkhorn or wherever up there for $8. If it's you and a friend that's only $4 and you get a nice place to launch.
I saw a dude about beat the shit out of his wife at Miller last time I was there. Cursing her up and down right in front of their kids and tons of other people. I don't like all the drama and the big rush everyone is in.

john
06-08-2006, 08:58 PM
thats funny hey can u tuning ur boat at discover in the cultasack or do they trip out i need to adjust my rockers and a little carb work and im good thinking of doing it tomorrow

stashtrey
06-08-2006, 09:02 PM
You could probably get a way with doing that. I'd think Friday might get a little busy there at Discovery though.

john
06-08-2006, 09:06 PM
i notice over by 16th street the water was pretty clam

stashtrey
06-08-2006, 09:11 PM
I would drive up north.... .plenty of room and glassy water up that way.