PDA

View Full Version : Katherine Landing / Laughlin Event?

K9Blitz
06-09-2006, 11:22 AM
Was out on Mohave this past week and had a great time. I want to be politically correct here, but does anyone know about an African American event this past week on the lake or in Laughlin. I am not prejudice by any means (okay, only against rude boaters no matter what background), but whoever organized this event should hold a boating safety / ramp rules class before the next event.
Topics could include: Don't park your car in the middle of the launch ramp while folks are driving around you to launch and retrieve. There is a line for folks to wait in to launch and retrieve, you don't just get to drive to the front and take cuts because you have your crew there to back your play. Say thanks when someone holds a door open for you. And, traffic flow on the lake and in the marina is similar to that of the roadway.
I think I'll change next years June trip to avoid this cluster.
Other than that, I got to meet Shockwave Tom and see that beautiful giant PT boat he's got. Nicely done.

GAME TIME
06-09-2006, 11:32 AM
I hear you. The line was so backed up so I was just sitting in the boat listening to some tunes and watching the madness. There was this one guy who docked his boat so close to the ramp that it blocked the lane. The guy didn't just dock to load/unload, he docked and went to get his truck which took him about 45 minutes. Last weekend was out of control.

Jordy
06-09-2006, 11:35 AM
You could ask Robin Boyer if he knows of any rallies up in that area. He might be able to get some organized as well. :D :D :D

USCFAN
06-09-2006, 11:48 AM
What does the African American event have to do with rude boaters. Do you automatically associate the guys that may have done rude things with this event? I was there last weekend and witnessed bad boating by boaters of all colors.

Mohave Vice
06-09-2006, 12:15 PM
I learned "boat ethics" a long time ago. Has kept me out of trouble. :)

Eliminator951
06-09-2006, 12:57 PM
After Memorial weekend I sent off an email to the mayor of bullhead, chamber of commerce and parks and rec complaining about a similiar situation on the bullhead city park launch ramp. I asked them what my launch fees were for since no one is watching the ramp. Their were cars parked nose in without a trailer on the ramp. I did get a pretty fast response and was told that they have increased their budget starting july 1st to have rangers at the city launch ramp.
I don't know about any of the other launch ramps but the squeeky wheel gets the grease; I have listed the email addresses below if anyone wants to help make a difference. I don't know if Bullhead is responsible for Katherines or not but here they are anyways.
sccinsp1@bullheadcity.com
cddoa4@bullheadcity.com
mayor@bullheadcity.com
don@bullheadcity.com
johnanderson@bullheadcity.com
fbruck@bullheadcity.com
smedrano@bullheadcity.com
jward@bullheadcity.com
jhakim@bullheadcity.com
chief@bullheadcity.com

Flying Tiger
06-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Consider just everyone gettin up early and launch at Cottonwood.
The most awsum "harbor" on the river.
Like the Carribean.
Then head North.
Katherns,, well,, the PWC's and the crazy launch ramp are awful, any day of the summer.

Mrs. River918
06-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Was out on Mohave this past week and had a great time. I want to be politically correct here, but does anyone know about an African American event this past week on the lake or in Laughlin. I am not prejudice by any means (okay, only against rude boaters no matter what background), but whoever organized this event should hold a boating safety / ramp rules class before the next event.
Topics could include: Don't park your car in the middle of the launch ramp while folks are driving around you to launch and retrieve. There is a line for folks to wait in to launch and retrieve, you don't just get to drive to the front and take cuts because you have your crew there to back your play. Say thanks when someone holds a door open for you. And, traffic flow on the lake and in the marina is similar to that of the roadway.
Other than that, I got to meet Shockwave Tom and see that beautiful giant PT boat he's got. Nicely done.
You need to add to the class: The person driving the boat, (it does not matter what race you are) launch and move the FOCK out of the way. You don't need to sit right where you launched to wait for your friend. I promise he/she has probably a 10-15 min (if not longer) walk back to the dock. MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!!! Sorry that just irritates the shiat out of me :mad:

mike37
06-09-2006, 06:40 PM
it was kinda a cluster **** on Saturday
but there was one of the brothas that handled his boat like a pro turned a 35' boat on a dime parked at the courtesy dock
color don't mater dum asses come in all colors

BigDoug
06-09-2006, 09:00 PM
I saw snoop Dog and his posse up there last weekend, plus alot of water rod boats all over the damn place !!!... :)

River918
06-09-2006, 09:11 PM
What does the African American event have to do with rude boaters. Do you automatically associate the guys that may have done rude things with this event? I was there last weekend and witnessed bad boating by boaters of all colors.
Hey Floyd,
Saw you in passing at Katherine's, sorry I didn't get a chance to swing by and say "Hi", maybe next time. Your boat is gorgeous by the way....
Brian

DILLIGAF
06-10-2006, 04:24 AM
You met DILLIGAF...that Shockwavetom guy was an asshole :) It was nice meeting/talking with you also. I will keep an eye out for you guys while on the lake next time.
I was out there last year also while that was going on. I think it is called "The Takeover" and I heard that Power 106 in LA is a sponsor or something like that. Anyhow, there was a lot of bad boating ethics but there should have been someone on the ramp directing traffic and keeping the launch clear. Lots of nice looking boas out there. I have seen some of them down in Havasu also.

purrfecttremor
06-10-2006, 06:46 AM
Ya gotta love water rods :) :) :)

BigDoug
06-10-2006, 08:16 AM
I've yet to see a white guy driving a water rod though.
Anyone purchase one of these ?... :)

purrfecttremor
06-10-2006, 08:18 AM
I've yet to see a white guy driving a water rod though.
Anyone purchase one of these ?... :)
They dont sell to white guys. :cry: :cry: :) :) :) :) LOL DOES ANYONE CARE?

BigDoug
06-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Maybe if i got a deep tan then it would be a possibility i guess !!...... :)

Not So Fast
06-10-2006, 09:07 AM
You could ask Robin Boyer if he knows of any rallies up in that area. He might be able to get some organized as well. :D :D :D
Thats some funny stuff :D At least they could communicate together :idea: NSF

MRSDRMCAT
06-10-2006, 09:11 AM
You need to add to the class: The person driving the boat, (it does not matter what race you are) launch and move the FOCK out of the way. You don't need to sit right where you launched to wait for your friend. I promise he/she has probably a 10-15 min (if not longer) walk back to the dock. MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!!! Sorry that just irritates the shiat out of me :mad:
Man I SECOND that.........I could not beleive how disoriganized that ramp was. Such a shame because the ramp is so nice and big and the lake is beautiful. Makes you not want to go to Mohave for that reason. Its amazing that Windsor is smaller and was less hectic on MEMORIAL......go figure. All I know is that was so damn WRONG!

plaster dave
06-10-2006, 10:37 AM
One of my employees goes to this event it's called "the black ski club". They go to different lakes all the time. Water Rod is the "OFFICIAL" boat of choice.
I was at last years dam run and didn't have any problems with them.

USCFAN
06-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Hey Floyd,
Saw you in passing at Katherine's, sorry I didn't get a chance to swing by and say "Hi", maybe next time. Your boat is gorgeous by the way....
Brian
Brian,
We keep missing each other out on the water.. Hopefully next time we can finally meet... Thanks for the compliment on the ride.....
Floyd