PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Wild life refuge and the no wake zone

ThongMagnet
06-09-2006, 03:13 PM
What wildlife have you seen in the no wake zone?
I saw what I think was a beaver a few years ago. No, not a trucker's idea of a beaver. It was swimming across the river about 8 in the evening just before sunset.
I'd think that beaver would have his work cut out for him (damming up the river.

Redneck
06-09-2006, 03:16 PM
I saw what I think was a beaver a few years ago. No, not a trucker's idea of a beaver. It was swimming across the river about 8 in the evening just before sunset.
I'd think that beaver would have his work cut out for him (damming up the river.
no the question is did that beaver have a muffler and was it making a wake because that is a no wake zone

AZJD
06-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Wher is this no wake zone? I haven't been to Havi to often in past few years.
Just wondering.

Magic34
06-09-2006, 04:06 PM
There are beavers out there.
Last November at the Food Drive poker run that Sleek/Magic puts on, at about 11 PM on one of the nights a huge frickin beaver was on the grass in the cove at the Nautical. The thing was damn big, and went back in the water towards Thompson bay.
OK, now have your fun slamming my beaver story.

2Driver
06-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Wild Horses
Wild Burros
Huge flock of white pelicans, yep white pelicans
Beaver
Muskrats

ahhell
06-09-2006, 04:32 PM
drove to the sandbar from Bullhead last weekend and saw a mountain goat???, but no 'no wake zone' signs...saw ALOT of idiots on pwc's around the Avi (who'd let two 9 year olds on a 3 seater go wild trying to jump my wake) thank god for diverters :rolleyes:

hotsand65
06-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Last year we actually saw wild boar, right across from gasoline alley. Not on the land side but in the middle where they actually had to swim and swim back without getting run over by a boat.

IIDriver
06-09-2006, 07:50 PM
me too
Wild Horses
Wild Burros
Huge flock of white pelicans, yep white pelicans
Beaver
Muskrats

shueman
06-09-2006, 08:09 PM
White Igrets, Brown Pelicans, Blue Herons, Mountain Goats....and a couple of snakes swimming... :220v:

TOBTEK
06-09-2006, 08:32 PM
There are beavers out there.
Last November at the Food Drive poker run that Sleek/Magic puts on, at about 11 PM on one of the nights a huge frickin beaver was on the grass in the cove at the Nautical. The thing was damn big, and went back in the water towards Thompson bay.
OK, now have your fun slamming my beaver story.
was at the ramp Fri evening at the islander and there was a F-ing HUGE beaver right next to the ramp. wouldn't believe it if i hadn't seen it for myself. First one Ive seen out there.....

TOBTEK
06-09-2006, 08:32 PM
on a side note........ ya see a ton of RHINO's :)

Fast Freddy
06-09-2006, 09:25 PM
that end of the river is just a giant filter for all of the nuclear waste on the river. the last time i was there this is what i saw.......

KineticoH20
06-10-2006, 11:12 AM
I saw a beaver eat a trouser trout one day ...but thats another story :eek: :D

pleasantcat
06-10-2006, 01:43 PM
i dont think beaver are endangered in havazoo. i see droves of beaver on the weekends :D

OCMerrill
06-10-2006, 03:37 PM
I dig the fact that Jet boat folks have the option of a anti-wake jumping device. :p