PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Paulie
06-09-2006, 07:52 PM
I am thinking about running 4 10's under the bow of my eliminator, I was going to run them in boxes but then I read that the clarion subs that I am going to get say they are optimized for infinate baffle. So so you guys think that they will sound good undeer the bow of my boat running free air? I heard these subs and they sound pretty good for the $ I just dont know what to do :cry:

Parker
06-09-2006, 10:34 PM
If you want it to pound, infinite baffle is not the way to go. Invest in a good speaker and use a box. JL Audio, Rockford, Kicker etc......

Paulie
06-10-2006, 07:52 AM
So how does clarion rate in the scale of things?

BadKachina
06-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Somewhere in the middle, it's not junk but it's definantly not high end stuff either. Clarion is good middle of the road stuff for a person that wants a decent stereo without spending alot of money. As far as marine stuff goes they have the biggest share of the market, more manufactuers use their product than any other. Easy to install, lots of features (remotes, infinite baffle subs, good water resistance, decent looking speakers and decks), the new decks have aux inputs, ipod capability, Sirius capability, and they don't cost a fortune. Not many decks in their price catagory have all those features. Do they sound the best? No, they sound decent, and you get alot of bang for your buck.
I personally like the JL stuff for subs, the marine subs are awesome looking and sound very nice for infinite baffle speakers, and their car audio subs have the reputation as some of the best on the market. If I had to use infinite baffle I would use the JL marine subs, if I could use a box I would use the w6's or w7's. With that said I still like the marine speakers in a box better than infinite baffle mounting, they sound tighter, go lower and handle more power in box.

Sotally Tober
06-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Let me put it this way: I took the stock 10" Clarion sub out of my boat and put a couple of Kickers in boxes.

Paulie
06-11-2006, 11:16 PM
I was looking into the kicker solol7's I have seen somewhere that roz said that those can run free air. what do you guys think? there are the other kicker subs that are the bottom of the line that are made for free air I can fit 4 10's but what do you think of the 2 solos instead?