PDA

View Full Version : Finally fixed.......

1968Droptop
06-10-2006, 08:03 PM
I finally got the fuel smell/leak fixed. Had the filler necks re-welded for $125. Replaced the fuel fill neck hoses, all the fuel line, fuel pump, and a new water seperater/fuel filter. While it was that far apart I removed the previous owners futile attempt to secure the rear carpet (2 tubes of silicone :mad: ) and secured the carpet correctly. I also took the time re-route the water lines of the front of the engine, really cleaned up the look a lot. It has a cover over the front, but at least when it's removed it looks nice and tidy. It's really nice taking the cover off the boat and not smelling fuel !!!
Here's a picture of how the front of the engine now looks, way better than it did before :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/3320Dscf0025.jpg

Harley5229
06-10-2006, 08:43 PM
nice work!
so does this mean she is ready to go into the water tomorrow for Tastin n' Racin?

El Prosecutor
06-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Nice work, looks good.
Where did you buy your fuel filler neck hose?

rerfert
06-11-2006, 11:58 AM
When I replaced the previous owners Hack/Radiator hose(filler neck/fuel hose)....I got my filler neck/fuel hose at Napa Auto,about $1.00 an Inch.

1968Droptop
06-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Nice work, looks good.
Just as refert said, NAPA, about $15 for 12" of 2" hose (it just doesn't feel right typing that..LOL !).
My old hose was so hard I couldn't sqeeze it together with two hands. The new hose was nice and soft, I could sqeeze it together with two fingers ! I know the cracked fill tubes on the tanks were doing most of the leaking, but I'd bet a little was from an improper hose seal as well. I believe the tanks fill necks cracking was helped by the old stiff hose. As the gunnels would flex it was transmitted right to the tanks by the rock hard hose instead of having some give. In any case NO MORE GAS SMELL....wahoo !!!!!!!!!!