PDA

View Full Version : Is this bad?? Not for the weak at heart.

Keithb87
06-10-2006, 09:06 PM
I think it is.
We pulled the motor today. and this is the first thing we noticed.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1217Pan_1.jpg
And this is what was in the pan
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1217in_the_pan.jpg
And this is what was left of the rest of the bottom end
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1217rod1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1217rod2.jpg
The pictures are from my camera phone and not that great but you get the idea. Broke #3 and #7 punched through the pan on the #7 side. Bulged the pan on the #3 side. Completly tore the pin from #3 and dropped the remains in the pan. #7 is obviously hanging. The crank is shot and there is a few nicks on the cam that we can see.
Don't know if even the block is salavagable. There is scorching on the remaining rod caps. THIS MUTHA GOT HOT. :mad:
So looks like we (Mikester and I ) will be in the market for a new engine soon.

jbone
06-10-2006, 09:13 PM
I know the feeling.
Now is the time to go bigger and better.
And to answer your question, I think it is bad. :(
J

h2oboy
06-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Almost had the same thing happen to me 2 months ago... It happens to the best of us.... Atleast we live in AZ where one month not on the water is not going to hurt tooo bad since we have till Nov. to boat... Hope all turns out well for you...
Feeling your pain!!!

502 JET
06-11-2006, 05:39 AM
That sucks sorry about your engine.It looks BAD.What was it?What was your oil pans capacity?The reason all the bearings and crank look scorched is most likely from oil starvation will be lucky if you can save the heads.When parts let go like this the block usually gets trashed.
A buddy of mine had this same thing happen to his $12000. 454 blower engine last summer but the shop built him a new engine (10 hrs on the motor) he had a 1 year unconditional guarantee on parts and labor.

Keithb87
06-11-2006, 06:14 AM
It was a Ford 460. There were previous posts about letting a family member take it out and how he states that it ran fine. Then about the Issues found after he brought it back. And about all the work we put into it just prior to Memorial Weekend.
She was ran real hot for a real long time by someone that should have known better. :argue: But since he has no time or money investment into this boat he has no cares of worries about this boat. :argue:

stompnstang
06-11-2006, 06:15 AM
i had one blow so hard once at 7600 revs i had rings inside the carb bowls dont ask me how they got there but ill have to dig the pics out i have never seen any thing come apart that hard. the crank came out in 6 pieces cam in 4 , needless to say i wowed the more i tore into it.. but thye are right it was excuse to go even bigger.....

Knucklehead
06-11-2006, 05:06 PM
http://www.***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14425&stc=1http://www.***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14424&stc=1
Don't get cheap buy good Bandaids :crossx:

Some Kind Of Monster
06-12-2006, 01:19 PM
She was ran real hot for a real long time
Soooo. Why was it running so hot?

1978 Rogers
06-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Wow, that sucks. I heart goes out to the friends & family of those involved.
I won't even wish that on the Cheby owners.

LakesOnly
06-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Keith, I see you're in Mesa, AZ, so I suppose getting a shortblock and/or heads put together for you would be a bit of a hassle (as far as getting the assembly to you (since we are in SoCal). But by all means, at least feel free to give me a call as you are planning/putting together a new engine. I'll be happy to point you in the right direction in regards to a good combo and other tips to give the engine a chance to last a long time...possibly even after someone else tries to abuse the crap out of it.
My contact number is in our website via the link in my signature below,
LO

USMCpfc04
06-17-2006, 06:08 AM
wow you are really stupid kid. when you get a boat up and runnin in water for longer than 30 mins than reply to this adult site, sorry no kiddies here son. or should i say backstaber

Keithb87
06-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Well we got the rebuilt one from a buddy. I'll keep you all posted.

stashtrey
06-21-2006, 12:09 PM
"wow you are really stupid kid. when you get a boat up and runnin in water for longer than 30 mins than reply to this adult site, sorry no kiddies here son. or should i say backstaber"
Did you read his posts? He didn't do this.... someone else did it.
Also... for calling someone stupid... you don't come off very intelligent yourself with those great spelling skills.

Some Kind Of Monster
06-21-2006, 12:28 PM
wow you are really stupid kid. when you get a boat up and runnin in water for longer than 30 mins than reply to this adult site, sorry no kiddies here son. or should i say backstaber
What do you know tough guy? I put work into the boats that you are probably still running in when everyone else didn't want to or didn't care. Certain people didn't want to put any work into making the boats work, but all be damned if they weren't first in line to hit the water. Can you deny it? I don't even care that I don't want to / won't ever run in them again. I fixed others boats before I even considered working on mine. You wouldn't even know that I have 2 working boats at my disposal. When you drove your boatless ass out to the lake it was either my shit working or shit that I worked on that you rode in because I busted my ass to make it work.. Shut your damn mouth until you quit running on your daddy's boat and your daddy's money and get a life you drunken jackass. Oh and you're right, this IS a boating site, but if you want to take this to benchracers, I'll fill up a few dozen pages on why my actions are justified. Until you know all the facts don't open your ****ing mouth. Fact is if I saw Keith at the lake needing a tow in, I would be the first to help. If I saw you, you would get the finger and 600hp of roost up your ass. Shit it was probably you that blew Keith & your dad's boat up in the first place. Didn't your "idiot light" come on?
If you want to rip on me personally, you have my number. Keep it off of this "adult" site or post it in benchracers.
Sorry for the threadjack

USMCpfc04
07-02-2006, 08:22 PM
hey bro before you try to diss a combat vet who fought your freedoms you got some big words, second you think i'm running my daddy's boat? i built that from the hull up with out any of your guys. you wanna make this personal, keith has my number, i have no prob setting some civilian in check, call me a drunk? my brothers and i and fought for your freedom for years and this is the thanks i get. dont worry your time will come, better hope i dont ever see your a$$, cause its a combat vet with a silver star against your word. we will meet, can't wait to see if you can even look at me with your head up high, your nothing, i dont even know why i'm wasting my time with you. your a dead end and will end up there. i know i've done something with my life. what have you done other than backstab? good to go kiddy! call me a drunk or something else. you will have your hands full

phegan
07-04-2006, 06:17 AM
huh? that just creepy

berk
07-04-2006, 08:59 AM
ford pride, marine pride, jet pride, hey dont you think you are a bit OVER PROUD? just have fun a$$hole and dont be so judgemental. good for you you did your job like your supposed to. people work at mcdonalds do too and without them people go hungry so they should pat their own backs untill their shits wear through also. just doing what youre ordered too doesnt make you a hero.

Some Kind Of Monster
07-11-2006, 11:43 PM
hey bro before you try to diss a combat vet who fought your freedoms you got some big words, second you think i'm running my daddy's boat? i built that from the hull up with out any of your guys. you wanna make this personal, keith has my number, i have no prob setting some civilian in check, call me a drunk? my brothers and i and fought for your freedom for years and this is the thanks i get. dont worry your time will come, better hope i dont ever see your a$$, cause its a combat vet with a silver star against your word. we will meet, can't wait to see if you can even look at me with your head up high, your nothing, i dont even know why i'm wasting my time with you. your a dead end and will end up there. i know i've done something with my life. what have you done other than backstab? good to go kiddy! call me a drunk or something else. you will have your hands full
Whel lookey here. I never thought you would reply let alone read what I wrote. Damn was I wrong. I don't care if your name is Pedro, Jack, George, Harry, combat "vet", the President, or God, if I don't like you, who you are, what you say, I can and I will tell you exactly what I think, and I do not have "YOU" to thank for that. First of all, I'm not the one picking fights. I'm not going to stand around and let anyone, especially you take shots at me. Second, even if I decided to waste my time asking Keith (with a capital K mr. combat vet genious) for your number, I highly doubt he would give it to me. I know where you live now when you're home anyway. Why would I bother Keith if I had the slightest desire to see you. Third. The way I see it, you just took a real cheap shot at EVERY ONE of us hard working Americans that work our asses off to make our country great even though we haven't enlisted. I am usually one of the first to applaud those that fight for us, but you sir are PATHETIC. Do you get so little attention that you have to come on here and preach and put yourself on a pedestal in hopes that someone gives a rats ass? I suppose we could all post our professional resumes, college educations, military experience, and other fun facts about ourselves on here and duke it out in hopes of winning your approval, but I severely have to take a dump instead. I haven't even seen your pathetic ass for about 2 years. If you had any bit of common sense about you, you would consult a couple others with greater knowledge than yourself regarding the happenings of the last 2 years. Furthermore, I don't have to call you a lowlife drunk again. I already did, and I certainly don't grammatically stutter. FYI John Kerry won a silver star too.