PDA

View Full Version : 92 Ski Brendella.. First boat.

Brendella.
06-11-2006, 07:27 AM
Hello everyone, my name is Dustin, a friend and I are looking into a partnership on a boat. He found a 92 Ski Brendella in 8.5/10 condition. 5.8L with 280 hrs on it. for 9000$. any opinions on this boat? good or bad. Thanks!

lakewake
06-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Hey Brendella, Welcome to these forums!Things are pretty quiet over here as you can see. Most of the hockey fights break out in the "sandbar" and get a lot of posts daily.
I have never owned a Ski Brendella but have been behind them. The one I boarded on was close to a 21' with a mid engine direct drive. It had an after martket balast system and trim tab(mini cavitation plate). It performed well an was a great handling boat. I had a 21'Ski Centurion Barefoot Bowrider with a 200HP Merc prior to my Tige'. I enjoy the Tige much better because the outboard was lot of work. Hard to steer for the ladies and that prop so close to the back of the boat. I remember Brendella had a lot of funky colors and boat patterns.Only a consideration at resale. At that price with those low hours and if the condition of the boat is good and doesn't need upholstery it sounds like a good deal.
Just a word of caution: Boat partnerships often turn out badly. You would usually only consider that arrangement with a friend. Ask yourself if the friend is worth losing if things go badly. I'll give you and example.
Lets say you are at the lake and the engine blows a rod and now needs work. Your partner is having a slow financial period and can't pay half. They expect you to pay the full amount.After all you had the boat last. There are a 1000 scenarios that could turn the great sport of boating into a disaster for your friendship. Just give it some thought and I hope you get your boat soon.

Riomouse911
06-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Amen to partnerships being a bad idea...
My first ski boat was a 91 ski nautique, and I went in halvsies with a guy I work with because the payment would be under 150 a month each. TRAIN WRECK! The guy scratched the stern when he backed into a barbed wire fence, scuffed the side when he towed it behind a houseboat at Powell, and left it full of sunflower seeds and beer bottle caps every time he used it. Oh, and when he fell behind making his share of the payment he had to be forced to remodel a bathroom for me to catch up. The final straw was when he took it to Laughlin the weekend before I was to use it, then never returned my calls when I called to pick it up. The idiot took it out on the upper river, bent the prop on the rocks, then spent an entire day looking for a replacement prop in Bullhead City Az.(NO ONE sells these props in that area). Instead of telling me (so I could bring a prop from the dealer) he hid it, leaving me and 3 others stuck on the beach for a bachelor party weekend. Needless to say, it was the LAST day I was in it with him, I "repoed" it the following Monday.
Good luck with your new boat! But beware the partnerships.. they rarely last long and never end pretty.