PDA

View Full Version : As wholy honest as Michael Moore is

SmokinLowriderSS
06-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Perhaps some of his supporters can explain the descrepancy between these 2 recent stories. The first from MM's website, the 2nd, CNN's version, same event.
http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/latestnews/index.php?id=6917
May 19th, 2006 7:55 am
Four prisoners attempt suicide at Guantanamo camp
GUANTANAMO BAY U.S. NAVAL BASE (Reuters) - Four Guantanamo prisoners tried to commit suicide on Thursday and several others attacked guards who rushed in to halt one of the attempts, a camp spokesman said.
Three took overdoses of prescription medicine they had apparently been hoarding, and the fourth tried to hang himself, said Cmdr. Robert Durand, a detention camp spokesman. None of the suicide attempts succeeded, he said.
“At this point, I have no idea of motive, no idea of any co-ordination and no idea of any intended message,” Durand said.
The attempted hanging took place in a medium-security camp where prisoners live in groups of up to 10 men in long bays lined with metal cots. When guards entered the unit, roommates “tried to prevent them from rescuing the detainee by using fans, light fixtures and other items as improvised weapons,” Durand said.
Guards halted the attempted hanging, quelled the disturbance and moved the roommates to a maximum-security area, Durand said.
The three who took overdoses were treated with activated charcoal to absorb and neutralize the medications, and two were held for observation in the camp hospital, Durand said.
The detention camp at the U.S. naval base in Cuba holds about 460 prisoners in five separate compounds. Durand said guards were searching all of the cells for contraband.
The United States has faced criticism from human rights groups and some of its allies for holding prisoners at Guantanamo indefinitely. Some have been there since the camp opened in January 2002.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/05/19/gitmo.clash/index.html U.S. military: Gitmo suicide attempt a ruse
Prisoner reportedly faked hanging self to lure guards into room
WASHINGTON (CNN)—A Guantanamo Bay prisoner staged a fake suicide attempt to draw U.S. troops into a room where they were attacked by other prisoners, military leaders at the camp told reporters Friday.
U.S. troops used rubber bullets and a sponge grenade to subdue the prisoners, who were armed with improvised weapons such as sticks, light fixtures and parts of fans.
“The detainees had slickened the floor of their block with feces, urine and soapy water in an attempt to trick the guards,” said Rear Adm. Harry Harris, the commander of Joint Task Force Guantanamo. “They then assaulted the guards.” (Watch as officials say guards were tricked—1:49)
When U.S. troops intervened, they were attacked by prisoners and it took about an hour to regain order, the Pentagon said.
Prisoners in the medium-security area are generally housed in dormitory-style rooms that hold 10 people.
The inmates involved in the attack were moved to the prisonÂ’s maximum-security block after the incident. The Pentagon would not say how many prisoners were involved.
About 500 detainees from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are being held at the U.S. Navy facility in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and the military said ThursdayÂ’s incident was the first of its kind.
News of the suicide ruse came as the U.N. Committee Against Torture issued a report Friday calling for the prisonÂ’s closure. (Full story)
Earlier Friday, three other prisoners attempted to kill themselves by swallowing pills they had hoarded, but the Pentagon said later that only two of those were serious attempts.
There have been 41 suicide attempts since the camp opened in January 2002, with a number of those made by the same inmate, Pentagon sources said.
The Associated Press reported that JumaÂ’a Mohammed al-Dossary, a 32-year-old from Bahrain, has attempted suicide 12 times.
CNNÂ’s Barbara Starr and Jamie McIntyre contributed to this report.
Go ahead poser, explain it away dude. Thought you'd prefer the CNN version instead of the Fox one. The CNN version makes the US look soooooo much worse.

Poster X
06-11-2006, 07:36 PM
You just now getting hip to the fact that almost every news source reports the same event differently?

redneckcharlie
06-11-2006, 07:59 PM
hey bagboy, michael moore is not a news source!!!!!!!!! :mad:

SmokinLowriderSS
06-12-2006, 01:10 AM
You just now getting hip to the fact that almost every news source reports the same event differently?
Oh yea, "editing".
Looks like quite CREATIVE editing to me.
Mikey's version looks pretty inocuous to the prisoner perspective, mean old GI's stopping 4 of their fellows from killing themselves to get some virgins. Looks a bit skimpy on DETAIL tho.
The seccond seems to include detail items proving the contention that it was a setup as an attack against the guards.
The attacking the guards with items avaibale becomes "Tries to stop soldiers from "rescuing" (from what, their own stupidity?) the detainees who are trying to kill themselves". Just "reporting it differently" I guess?
Also, MM's version makes it look like everyone was trying their suicide at the same time, in the same room, which aparently is entirely false. Same room MAYBE (no evidence to the contrary), same time, NO. MM's Creative Editing at it's finest I dare say?

Poster X
06-12-2006, 07:30 AM
One tells you what you want to hear and the other is opposite of what you want to believe. The routine is as old as the Bible. No real problem here. If you want to hate Michael Moore you can find lot's of reasons to do so. Just like Bush. I can find lot's of reasons to hate him. Everybody gets what they want and somewhere in the middlle lays the truth.

redneckcharlie
06-12-2006, 09:34 AM
what a bunch of sidetalking dribble. first off, you got your usual anti bush plug in. just out of curiosity, how would you describe a child molester that lived across the street from you? from your last statement, i think it would go something like this: Homeowner, loves children, will baby sit for free, has references. if it walks like a duck, quaks like a duck, looks like a duck, its a fricken duck! for me its very simple, if i ask a question, and get a half truth, slanted, and ommited statement, its a lie! there is only one reason to slant something, and that is to ommit the truth. :argue: oh one more thing, tell me one thing bush is responsible for that has affected your life? :rolleyes:

Poster X
06-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Bush is writing a check our great great grandchildren can't pay. Whether you like it or not you are getting slanted news and debating it as true. You happen to believe FOX. Don't think for a minute you don't get favorable news, because they indeed favor the right. It's people like you that keep me from using my food stamps to buy cigarettes and beer. Know where I can get my hands on one of those hurricane credit cards?

Old Texan
06-12-2006, 12:46 PM
There ya go Charlie, words from the 3rd Wiseman...... or was it the 3rd Stooge, I forget.....
We get our news from conventional sources whereas our buddy is tuned into a higher network. I wonder which planet his satelite revolves around.

Poster X
06-12-2006, 02:41 PM
In my opinion I'm from the planet of information from a variety of sources and a wary eye on the status quo. We don't get a lot of visitors because the name is so long.

SmokinLowriderSS
06-12-2006, 04:54 PM
In my opinion I'm from the planet of information from a variety of sources and a wary eye on the status quo. We don't get a lot of visitors because the name is so long.
Stooge, definitely.

redneckcharlie
06-12-2006, 07:20 PM
checks your grandchildren can't pay? what is the percentage of debt the federal government has compared to the gross total budget? now compare your personal debt, to your yearly income. that percentage for most americans is exponentially higher. unlike most people in america, whose income is set, the federal government has many avenues to raise revenue other than taxes. the national debt that is reported by the news agencies is nothing more than a temporary spike in spending. it might help your perspective and education level a bit if you would go study a little monetary economics! :rolleyes:

Poster X
06-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Gee buckwheat. I ain't near as smart as you double-wide folk but, as of today the National debt is $8,380,844,780,846.37. That's $28,039.09 for every man woman and child. It's growing to the tune of 1.7 billion per day. By the end of this administration that's another one trillion two hundred forty-one billion. My K-Mart calculator craps out at this point but with the gross national product dropping about a point per day and the existing trade deficit growing like a leviathon all indications devaluates the dollar fifty percent by September '08 which will roll the national debt another four-fold. However, Clinton did get a blow job. :wink:

Forkin' Crazy
06-12-2006, 10:50 PM
You happen to believe FOX.
In the first place, dumb ass, that link was CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/05/19/gitmo.clash/index.html). Did you even click on it? :rolleyes:
Bush is writing a check our great great grandchildren can't pay. Whether you like it or not you are getting slanted news and debating it as true.
Population increases in an geometric progression, and food production increases in a arithmetic progression. So we are screwed from the start, unless we start killing and eating liberals and dumb asses. :yuk:
My paper printed the same one as on MM's website. Gannett News, go firgure. :(

redneckcharlie
06-12-2006, 11:01 PM
last time i checked, my house wasn't on wheels, nor was it built on i beams! what is the gnp for the united states? debt is only an issue when people fail to make their payments on that debt. last time i checked the united states has never had a problem paying their debts. so according to your statement, if a person owes a certain percentage more than their debt, that makes them a bad risk, and puts them in a bad situation. granted, no debt is the best way to go, but the united states carrying debt is good for the economy in a whole. just where do you think all the funded mandates come from, from schools to police departments? oh, and by the way, just because someone lives in a trailer doesn't make you better than them! :argue:

centerhill condor
06-13-2006, 03:41 AM
I'm telling you man.. a job and a hobby! at the end of this summer you could have money in your pocket and a new attitude! Both beneficial.

Poster X
06-13-2006, 09:52 AM
I can't see myself giving up my SS and welfare checks anytime soon. The biggest problem is finding stores that let me buy beer and cigs with the food stamps. I guess that's my hobby? I can still get fifty cents on the dollar at the pool hall, worse case scenario. Here at the trailer park we have Bingo night every Friday. I usually can win a pie and cake to sustain me thru the week. Meantime, you guys should take a day off and actually learn something about the three amigos as opposed to spoutin' off just because you hope like hell you're right. :yuk:

Old Texan
06-13-2006, 04:25 PM
More yuks from the peanut gallery and his fixation on mobile homes. Buffalo Bob passes and he has no one to pull his Howdy Doody strings.
3 Amigos are quite intimidating to the NationWide crowd . Buying stock wisely makes them accessories to inside trading, gutting out tough decisions against the grain of liberal interest on all topics, taking on the radical islamic threat and not caving to relentless attack from "No plan" Dems and wannabe war heros permeating the Senate and House, showing backbone and morals when their dissenters call for political correctness and world approval. These aren't attributes but shortcomings to the 'narcisstic' left apparently. Media badboys like Fat Boy Mikie try to sway public opinion but they are no better than the rest of the self serving drive by media led on by the whining left turning out "current event fairy tales". The "Me" crowd with no clue, only hate and condemnation.
Hey Bagboy tell us what your boy "John of the Purpleheart" would have done to this point with the current atmosphere. Would he be a media darlin'? Who would have been his Defense Secretary (probably had 2 or 3 by now) and what great strategy would he (they) have initiated to put fear in the enemy camp? Would he and John Boy, US VP, esquire still be speaking? Would Theresa have cornered the world condiment market and erased the trade deficits to the Pac Rim countries with a frenzy of indvidually packaged ketchup and mustard labeled with recipes whose nutitional information would challenge rice as the worlds numero uno food staple?
You whine, you cry, you tell us 'we be but blind sheep', but guess what, it don't make a bigshit 'cause old GWB is still on the trail and Dick and Don have the controls along with the "Lil' black girl that could". They ain't perfect but by gawd they are making hay inspite of your ill conceived rantings.
"C'mon Huckleberry let's hear what cha got ta say......" Tell us more tales of your "rainbow colored sky' utopic world where everyone is a Daisy like you.

SmokinLowriderSS
06-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Hey poser,
Hate to tell ya this (ok, not really), but this year's budget defecit is SMALLER than it was last year. Care to explain to us "slowies" just why?
Oh, by the way, what was the Natl Debt, percentagewise, compared to the Gross Domestic Product, in 1947???
What is it today?
inquiring minds wanna know.

redneckcharlie
06-14-2006, 12:27 AM
hey smokin, you must live in a really big trailer house to come up with those facts! :rollside:

Poster X
06-14-2006, 02:19 PM
So many dumbasses...so little time. To start with, no one knows what John Boy, Grandpa or Mary Sue would have done. Any answer other than that is as moronic as your hail to the chief speech.
Buying stock is one thing. Using your tenure in government to increase the value of that stock is nothing less than criminal. I already know what you're going to say so don't bother. We all know they haven't been convicted so they must be really honest. Just like OJ.
The "no plan Dems" have offered an opinion as well as ways to implement that opinion in every debate. You didn't hear it then and you won't hear it now, so I won't waste my time with a link you'll never read in a million years. That way you can continue your vacuous spiel about us not having a plan. I know it makes you feel superior and smarterer that way. <-- on purpose
smokin too much vato has implied the budget defecit is lower than it was last year. Not the same thing as the National debt but similar enough so he can look smarterer too. The reality is, if you over spend a trillion one year and the next year only overspend a half a trillion it's not really a success. But by all means. Go ahead and masturbate to your favorite Dubya pin-up while you dream of victory overseas.
As per usual you think you have "stomped out terror" in this country because they haven't bombed JC Penneys in Hoboken yet. That's a sweet sentiment but we are still acting like idiots and going equally crazy since the 9/11 bombing. There's no need to do anything new while the old one is still working. Too metaphoric? Sorry in advance.
Please have your parents read this to you and get back to me later. :wink:

SmokinLowriderSS
06-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Hey poser,
Oh, by the way, what was the Natl Debt, percentagewise, compared to the Gross Domestic Product, in 1947???
What is it today?
inquiring minds wanna know.
Since you crap-shot the answer to the last one (which was the only NON-QUESTION, I'm still waiting for the answer to THESE............

Old Texan
06-15-2006, 04:50 AM
Why does Bagboy bother with us? We are just so inane. If only we could crawl up out of our rut and view this false reality spewed by his lib slanted sites as true reality, than we too could be "saved".
Once again he has come back with his typical sanctimonious answer because he has no answer. His "proof" is the usual out of touch drivel cut and pasted from his heroic self proclaimed intelligencia who have spent their lives on the govt. dole in the form of grants and hand outs from liberal arts institutions and the Geo Soros' of the world.
PX, you really do have a bag over your head and it continues to leak liberal BS.

Jeanyus
06-15-2006, 07:01 AM
It's funny how liberals never answer a question. They just throw out a few insults, and use a few words that nobody uses in everyday conversation, I guess they think that people will be impressed that they spent a lot of time in college.
But we all know that the reason they spent so much time in college, is because your succesfull, upstanding, Republican, parents told them "we are going to throw you out of the house, and stop giving you money, unless you get a job or go to college"
Of course they would never get a job,( no skills,lazy,incompetent) so they go to college and hope that Mommy and Daddy don't live long lives, and they can get thier hands on the trust soon.
That explains all the fat bald 50 year old guys in college.
Hey poser (lake pirate) what happened to your swastika? It fit you well.

Poster X
06-15-2006, 08:29 AM
I'm not about to google all that bewlshit. If you want to make a point post your evidence. I'm not your little google errand boy. Get low life rider to do it. I'm far too busy swiping gas money outta my Daddy's wallet.

Old Texan
06-15-2006, 09:46 AM
"Post your evidence."

Poster X
06-15-2006, 10:27 AM
"Post your evidence."
Sure. What do you want to NOT learn today?

Old Texan
06-15-2006, 11:47 AM
Sure. What do you want to NOT learn today?
What happens inside that bag when you sneeze............

Poster X
06-15-2006, 12:25 PM
I haven't really thought about it? What's your camel toe do when you sneeze?

Old Texan
06-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Squeezes the head...................

SmokinLowriderSS
06-15-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm not about to google all that bewlshit. If you want to make a point post your evidence. I'm not your little google errand boy.
Insurance policy to insure you don't get proven wrong. Figures.
I've posted my evidence before, you refuse to read it.
Answer the questions poser, if you have sack enough to.
Natl Debt, 1946, percentage or GNP
Natl Debt, 2005, percentage or GNP
Why didn't the US implode from it in 1947?
You're making my point by NOT answering them.

Poster X
06-16-2006, 11:00 PM
Insurance policy to insure you don't get proven wrong. Figures.
I've posted my evidence before, you refuse to read it.
Answer the questions poser, if you have sack enough to.
Natl Debt, 1946, percentage or GNP
Natl Debt, 2005, percentage or GNP
Why didn't the US implode from it in 1947?
You're making my point by NOT answering them.
Don't know. Don't care. If you want me to know so bad..look it up vato.

SmokinLowriderSS
06-17-2006, 12:56 AM
Don't know. Don't care. If you want me to know so bad..look it up vato.
I have poser,
current natl debt, about 55% of annual GNP.
1947 natl debt, 127% of annual GNP.
That would be 2 1/2 times as huge.
Cease all govt spending today, and it is paid to zero arround Christmass, THIS YEAR.
Cease all govt spending in Jan 1947 and it would have taken untill April 1948 to pay to zero.
Why did THIS EMMENSE debt not ruin the country? How did we ever get to 1950 or 1960 with such a huge weight destroying the country?

Old Texan
06-17-2006, 04:22 AM
Like he said Smokin', he doesn't care. All he cares is to bash GWB. No answers, no cares, no respect. He's bored with facts.
Typical Lib............besides he's busy, this is the week they wash and wax the doublewides.

Poster X
06-17-2006, 08:25 AM
I wish we had a double wide. Then I could be a close minded follow anyone that was popular ferret like you guys. But no, I can hose down the the single-wide Fleetwood in about 20 minutes. I did ask some of the smart people on the other side of the railroad tracks about you GNP theory and they think you're a complete idiot. Something about world war manufacturing using recycled american products and 100% of american manufacturing employing americans and consumed by americans. I don't think they consider outsourcing and the dominant influx of Japanese and German products nor the plethora of Tiawainese, Chinese and Indian low end products almost exclusively purchased by American consumers relative to the flurry of patriotic consumption of the forties. I'd love to think you are the genius you think you are but, they said no, and who am I to argue with folks that have a whole house with a driveway and everything?

Old Texan
06-17-2006, 10:32 AM
Don't want to interupt 'cause I know you got to sweep that dirt floor and spread some gravel for the chickens but what about the unemployment figures? Always talk of offshore and outsourcing but how to explain the low rate. Maybe the jobs going away are being replaced by better and higher tech jobs. Maybe since more folks be gettin' better educated, they be gettin' better work.
We know you've done well with that 6th grade diploma there Jethro, but times they be changin', gotta keep up.

nodigg
06-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Michael Moore.......the best propaganda machine since Hitler's rein.

SmokinLowriderSS
06-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Glad to hear you can wash your houise in less time than it takes me to wash my boat.
The Gross National Product, IS, WAS, AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN, the total sum dollar value of all goods and services produced IN THIS COUNTRY. What AIDC of Tiawan builds for my employer on contract does not count. It actually comes under trade surplus/defecits (go ask yer learned folk with foundations under theirs). The strawberry picking by illegal mexicans does tho.
As usual, you bitch about the National Debt being huge (which it is) but you cannot back up the belief that it will be the end of us all.
Someone shows you it is small compared to the money available against it, and you go find someone to agree with you that the emmense sum of money offsetting it has no relevance.
It is like making $100,000 a year and buying a $50,000 car, expensive but the payments are afordable.
Someone shows you an example of when the National Debt was FAR WORSE than currently, and it is irrelevant also.
That $100,000 a year just bought a $125,000 car. Sure, maybe it can be paid for, but you're gonna eat a lot of bologna and not drive much till it's paid for.
Maybe I should knock off 2 zeros on all those to bring them to an understandable figure for poser.

Poster X
06-18-2006, 04:58 PM
I've collaborated with my team at MIT (Mildly Intoxicated Texans) and they still disagree. It seems you are trying to protect gross mismanagement of government spending by comparing it with a bygone era at it's peak and even more perplexing, taking a great deal of pride in defending bad judgement. Unfortuneately for you (and the rest of the think tank supporting you around here) our current national debt cannot be considered anywhere near peaking. As a matter of fact. It is only yet begun. For us to put on the brakes (as it were) it would take a minimum of 4 to 8 years if we started today. By that time, the current debt will have at least tripled thereby setting an historical precedent that not only DOES NOT compare to the pre WWII economy but stands alone as a shining example of ineptitude and exhorbitant waste.
Since you'll defend anyone Republican perhaps you can help O.J and the late John Wayne Gacy? I mean, they probaly aren't near as bad as historical murderers that preceded them? Back in the forties they didn't have all the TV stations and satellite discs to garner competitive fame.