PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

77hallett
06-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Need some help on my jet drive. Took the boat out on saturday at saguaro and lost power. Not so much the power plant but the jet itself. Seems like the jet part is slipping? Is this possible? Gave it throttle and it barely moved. Any advise is greatly appreciated. :mad:

Moneypitt
06-11-2006, 07:43 PM
Need some help on my jet drive. Took the boat out on saturday at saguaro and lost power. Not so much the power plant but the jet itself. Seems like the jet part is slipping? Is this possible? Gave it throttle and it barely moved. Any advise is greatly appreciated. :mad:
It has something in it. Weeds, rocks, little pieces of wood, anything and everything that can/could upset the turbine action of the water. Fishing line, ski ropes or little parts or pieces of them.......DO NOT open the hand hole while in deep water. I usually beach the back of the boat just to be safe..........MP

El Prosecutor
06-11-2006, 07:46 PM
You probably just sucked up some stuff into the intake. Could be a plastic bag, plant material, etc. When the suction housing and/or impeller gets plugged up it just won't go. You can reach up from underneath the intake and pull stuff out, and if you are out of the water you can open the hand hole on top of the pump and pull stuff out. Don't open the hand hole when you are in the water unless your pump has the handhole outside the transom.
There are worse things it could be, but this is very common and easy to fix.

77hallett
06-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Thanks guys for the response. If I dont find any debris or stuff, Is there any thing else i should look for aside from taking the whole thing apart?

jbone
06-11-2006, 08:08 PM
You'll find something in there.
J

rerfert
06-11-2006, 08:21 PM
With only 5 posts and possibly new to jets I will quote Money again.
DO NOT open the hand hole while in deep water. I usually beach the back of the boat just to be safe..........MP
DO NOT open the hand hole while in deep water, you will find more than you bargined for.
If the motor runs up,acts like it's out of ballance and goes little or nowhere when it was moving good before....Chances are you sucked something up in the pump.