PDA

View Full Version : bravo one help

axkiker
06-12-2006, 05:26 AM
Ok I have a question for you experts out there. The gimbal bearing in my bravo one was shot so this past weekend I replaced it. Looks like there had been a little water in there but all the bellows were in great shape. I tightened everything down hopeing one of the clamps had come loose and took it out to the lake. Everything sounded MUCH better but I still get a weird clicking or grinding noice when I turn to the far right or left with the drive all the way down. If I raise it slightly I can turn completly each way. the only thing I can think of is that the U joints are bad but when I inspected them they seemed to be ok. they were a little rusty but moved freely and didnt seem to be bad. Do you all think its the u joints or anything else that can cause it. I just want to make sure this is the last time I take this thing apart.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
06-12-2006, 05:32 AM
Do you think it's aligned properly ?
CJG
:idea:

Havasu Hangin'
06-12-2006, 05:35 AM
I'd guess it's probably the u-joint...a little moisture will kill them rather quickly.

axkiker
06-12-2006, 05:38 AM
honestly I dont know. Is there a way that I can check. Seems to me that if the bearing was seated properly then there really wouldnt be a way for anything to be out. Seems like if it was then you could not get the driveshaft splines to align in the engine. However im no outdrive mechanic this is my first time working on one.
thanks