PDA

View Full Version : The only thing missing was a Raiders sticker...

Jordy
06-12-2006, 07:22 AM
and it would have been the real deal. Look at the outboard on the near pontoon. In the time it took to grab my camera they shifted people around from the back to the front, but it was about 6 inches lower in the water.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23DSC01301.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23DSC01302.JPG
They had a keg of beer, grill, 37 people, 2 rental pontoons and no clue of what the hell they were doing. Almost bounced off of us a few times before they finally got tied off in the melee that Humbug is famous for. Nothing like 84 boats tied up with 1 or 2 anchors out. Great to watch. :D :D :D

sleekcraft137
06-12-2006, 07:25 AM
Gotta love renters huh??

Dave C
06-12-2006, 07:33 AM
how did the raiders fans get so far south? :confused:
LOL When the wind kicks up.... absolute pandemonium :crossx:
Nothing like 84 boats tied up with 1 or 2 anchors out. Great to watch. :D :D :D

Jordy
06-12-2006, 09:25 AM
When the wind kicks up.... absolute pandemonium :crossx:
Between the wind and the current in there, it's a riot watching the retard convention. Somehow we ended up in it a few weeks ago and finally cut loose from everyone and pulled up our anchors and went a couple hundred feet away and reset. It was amazing how fast that line went away when we popped our anchors up. :D
The trick is to be close enough to observe, yet far enough away not to get caught in the middle of it. ;)

Dave C
06-12-2006, 09:37 AM
we got the same problem at the bridge.
The trick is the "walk around".... when their big line comes towards us, we get everyone to walk their group around our group. Then we just wave as they float away.
A well executed "walk around" is a thing of beauty.

Jordy
06-12-2006, 09:44 AM
The problem with Humbug is there will be 100 boats tied up together with 3 anchors out. There really isn't any walking around that mess. You just stay off to the sides (where the water is 40' deep, not 100' deep, less anchor line to pull in ;) ) or on the lake side of the tie up as they'll drift back deeper into the cove as the day goes on. Like I said, it's FUN to watch!!!! :D :D :D

3:30dirty
06-12-2006, 09:51 AM
The problem with Humbug is there will be 100 boats tied up together with 3 anchors out. There really isn't any walking around that mess. You just stay off to the sides (where the water is 40' deep, not 100' deep, less anchor line to pull in ;) ) or on the lake side of the tie up as they'll drift back deeper into the cove as the day goes on. Like I said, it's FUN to watch!!!! :D :D :D
I wondered why my 15 feet of rope and five pound mushroom anchor wasnt holding :)

Kilrtoy
06-12-2006, 12:02 PM
. In the time it took to grab my camera they shifted people around from the back to the front, but it was about 6 inches lower in the water.
What did you jump out of your boat swim 3 laps around it and then get in and grab the camera....
That many people cant move that fast :boxed: