PDA

View Full Version : 24' extreme ride

blown23vee
07-30-2002, 07:35 PM
Anyone been in a DCB 24' Extreme v-hull?? Just wondering how it's step hull handles rough water and if anyone on here has ever been in a real fast one. The hull is the 24' Ultra hull...DCB sold the mold to Ultra.
Thanks in advance for any info...

Havasu Hangin'
07-30-2002, 08:16 PM
A friend of mine had one with a 525SC in it...very fast boat. Even in rough water, that thing had as much balls as you did...if you know what I mean.
BTW...it's not a cat or tunnel.
[ July 30, 2002, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Havasu Hangin' ]

blown23vee
07-31-2002, 06:50 PM
Havasu Hangin':
A friend of mine had one with a 525SC in it...very fast boat. Even in rough water, that thing had as much balls as you did...if you know what I mean.
BTW...it's not a cat or tunnel.Thanks, hangin!! That's pretty much what I'd hoped i'd hear!! Appreciate the info.

Havasu Hangin'
07-31-2002, 08:05 PM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/Our_Whining_Bitch.JPG

blown23vee
07-31-2002, 09:33 PM
Havasu Hangin':
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/Our_Whining_Bitch.JPGDamn, that's pretty awesome!! Thanks for the quick pic!!

Boatjob
07-31-2002, 09:48 PM
I had an Extreme 24 before my Mach 26...And let me say, that boat straight hauled @$$. It had a 525SC, with some additional motor work. I added a Superchiller, MSD Ignition, Sea Strainers, and the mix. I had it up to 87.2 mph on the GPS. It handled awesome for its size, especially in the typical Havasu weekend chop. I had no complaints with it, except for the chine walk that occurred at high speeds. If you have any questions, post them here and I'll answer them

DogHouse
08-01-2002, 07:56 AM
Hey Rick I thought you were going to buy a CAT not another V!!! What are you DOING?!?!
-brian :D

blown23vee
08-01-2002, 09:19 PM
DogHouse:
Hey Rick I thought you were going to buy a CAT not another V!!! What are you DOING?!?!
-brian :D Well, it's a funny thing...no, not really. I've always liked the DCB 24' Extreme & as it happens while I'm looking into the 24 stilletto idea I run into a killer deal on a DCB 24'. Jumped on here to get some feedback because I've heard it's a pretty fast hull & pretty stable/good rough water boat for it's size. We'll see if I can work a deal or not...I have plans to lake test a stilletto the weekend after this also. We'll see!!!!!!!!

blown23vee
08-01-2002, 09:21 PM
Boatjob:
I had an Extreme 24 before my Mach 26...And let me say, that boat straight hauled @$$. It had a 525SC, with some additional motor work. I added a Superchiller, MSD Ignition, Sea Strainers, and the mix. I had it up to 87.2 mph on the GPS. It handled awesome for its size, especially in the typical Havasu weekend chop. I had no complaints with it, except for the chine walk that occurred at high speeds. If you have any questions, post them here and I'll answer themThanks for the post & the info, I really appreciate it. I'm sure I can conjure up a few more questions to ask you. Thanks again...
blown23vee (Rick)

pleasantcat
08-01-2002, 09:26 PM
c'mon blown .... ya know ya want it!!! step right up there and getcha a kitty :) btw does anyone have a 1150 dominator lying around or a 250blwr chiller....anyone.... hello..... i gotta keep up with blown here hehehe see ya at work.

blown23vee
08-01-2002, 09:33 PM
pleasantcat:
c'mon blown .... ya know ya want it!!! step right up there and getcha a kitty :) btw does anyone have a 1150 dominator lying around or a 250blwr chiller....anyone.... hello..... i gotta keep up with blown here hehehe see ya at work.he he, you funny guy!!
right back atcha on the work thing!!