PDA

View Full Version : Tunnel Power?

Legal Chemistry
06-12-2006, 07:03 PM
So I have a stock '96 MP 454 "premium" w/an A impeller which is being replaced as I write. The engine is closed compartent which keeps the air in there really high temp. I've thought of increaising the air by venting somehow to help air-in/air-out, but there is a tunnel w/twin 850's for sale in the spam section- but without upping the cam/heads would this really do anything and I don't really think I want to cut the engine deck open. The tunnel may gain me quicker throttle responce... but that wouldn't convince me to foot the bill. I'm thinking twin 850's will be just too much. Power ain't cheap, but I'd like to get the cruising speed up a bit without having run it open all the time. This BHB (big heavy boat) isn't going to set records, but I was hoping you jetters had some advise. I was running ~4200rpm, but there may have been some fuel delivery issues (and a bad pump.) BTW, anyone in Havi next weekend -I'll be there w/beers for the fellow jetters!

SmokinLowriderSS
06-13-2006, 03:01 AM
You're not spinning near enough RPM for a tunnel ram IMO, unless you can find a small-runner one. The ones I have seen are large-throated and the engine needs to be rev'd about 6-large and up to pull thru them right.

Legal Chemistry
06-13-2006, 10:29 AM
those were my thought indeed -thanks SMOKIN'!