PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year.

wsuwrhr
01-04-2006, 09:54 PM
My wife's grandfather died this morning after a few months of fighting congestive heart failure. He was a good man, one of those guys not content to retire in a rocking chair. He was in his seventies.
Tonight a buddies wife goes into labor, only to find their girl isn't breathing on her own. Full term baby.
1% chance to live, pretty good odds ey?
I don't normally post alot of personal information, but I thought I would share.
It wasn't a very good day in my neck of the woods.
WSUWRhavingabetterdayHR
Brian

hoolign
01-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Prayers for ya dude! Sorry to hear about it . Hopefully things turn around for you and yours! Again..very sorry to hear that!

Kilrtoy
01-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Sorry to hear that Brian......
Wish the best to the little one on that they pull thru.....

wsuwrhr
01-05-2006, 08:21 AM
This morning, no change in the baby's condition.
Still hoping for the best.

Tom Brown
01-05-2006, 08:25 AM
:(

hoolign
01-05-2006, 08:34 AM
This morning, no change in the baby's condition.
Still hoping for the best.
Sorry to hear that things have not improved as of yet. Don't give up hope!

pixilatedpussy
01-05-2006, 09:52 AM
My wife's grandfather died this morning after a few months of fighting congestive heart failure. He was a good man, one of those guys not content to retire in a rocking chair. He was in his seventies.
Tonight a buddies wife goes into labor, only to find their girl isn't breathing on her own. Full term baby.
1% chance to live, pretty good odds ey?
I don't normally post alot of personal information, but I thought I would share.
It wasn't a very good day in my neck of the woods.
WSUWRhavingabetterdayHR
Brian
Oh Brian, I m so sorry! Hope things turn around!

dmontzsta
01-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Sorry to hear Brian.
I hope things will get better for your family this year.

FMluvswater
01-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Wow. Those are some pretty dire events. Wishing better days ahead for you and yours. :clover: :chi: Please keep us updated. Can't do much for you except care but we're good at that. :smile: Prayers and good thoughts.

wsuwrhr
01-05-2006, 06:47 PM
I just found out that the baby is, or is being declared brain dead.
For whatever reason on their last checkup, the baby stopped breathing during the appointment, from the time they rushed to the hospital and performed an emergency c-section, they figured the baby didn't breath for an hour. I didn't know this yesterday or last night.
He demanded the best neurologist to come in and see what can be done.
A shitty deal,
I am NOT a parent, I am a son, a brother, an uncle, a god parent, and I love kids. He and I go back aways, it is really hard for me to think that without breathing for an hour, the damage hasn't already taken it's course.
I know I would do the same thing in his place, but dammit that has to be the most depressing feeling, knowing there isn't a damn thing you can do except make the decision.
They are keeping his wife sedated because of the surgery they did in trying to get the baby out ASAP. She is conscious at times, but doesn't even know yet. She knows something is wrong, but she has no idea.
Thanks everyone for your hope and kind thoughts. They are deeply appreciated.
Hug your loved ones tonight. I called my parents to tell them I loved them.
You just never know.
Brian

pixilatedpussy
01-05-2006, 06:52 PM
For whatever reason on their last checkup, the baby stopped breathing during the appointment, from the time they rushed to the hospital and performed an emergency c-section, they figured the baby didn't breath for an hour. I didn't know this yesterday or last night.
A shitty deal,
I am NOT a parent, I am a son, a brother, an uncle, a god parent, and I love kids. He and I go back aways, it is really hard for me to think that without breathing for an hour, the damage hasn't already taken it's course.
I know I would do the same thing in his place, but dammit that has to be the most depressing feeling, knowing there isn't a damn thing you can do except make the decision.
They are keeping his wife sedated because of the surgery they did in trying to get the baby out ASAP. She is conscious at times, but doesn't even know yet. She knows something is wrong, but she has no idea.
You just never know.
Brian
Hun you are in our thoughts and prayers! Im sooo sooo sorry for all involved.

Mrs.Racer277
01-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Very Sad. Prayers will be said.

H20 Toie
01-05-2006, 07:37 PM
You are in my prayers

Mrs. casean
01-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Wow I'm so sorry to hear this news! Stay strong and I pray for your friends and the baby! Hang in there! We'll be thinking about you and this tough time... you definitley have to hug your loved ones more...

Debbolas
01-05-2006, 07:46 PM
A shitty deal,
You just never know.
Brian
I am so sorry :(
A high school friend of my husbands passed away last week in a traffic accident.
You just never know.

essexjet
01-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Brian I am very sorry for the trying times you are going through.
You are in my thoughts and prayers. James

Mohave Vice
01-05-2006, 07:52 PM
I can't imagine going through this. Prayers are offeref to you and yours.

FMluvswater
01-05-2006, 08:32 PM
A shitty deal,
You just never know.
Brian
How sad. :cry: Lord give you all the strength and love to get through this.

THOR
01-05-2006, 08:37 PM
I hope your luck turns around brother. Best wishes to you.

SummitKarl
01-05-2006, 08:44 PM
Best wishes to you and yours Brian, My prayers for you in this most difficult time

Ziggy
01-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Our thoughts for your dear friends and baby....very saddening :(. God takes us when he chooses, we have no control and often for reasons unknown to us mortals.

Ziggy
01-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Our thoughts for your dear friends and baby....very saddening :(. God takes us when he chooses, we have no control and often for reasons unknown to us mortals.

ACCEPTENCE
01-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Pullin (prayin) for ya and the rest of the family Brian...
Be well buddy.

topless
01-05-2006, 10:28 PM
OMG Brian. You know you are not one of my favorite people but I do know some of the friends you have. You and yours will be in my prayers. This is terrible news but if miracles can happen, This is the place that they can start. Luv ya bud....
P. S. Tell your dog to stop winking at me.

gigamurph
01-05-2006, 11:31 PM
May you and yours find the strength to see you through these hard times. Our thoughts will be with you. :frown:

IN2-IN2MX
01-05-2006, 11:39 PM
I'm so sorry :cry: . All you can do is be there and support your friend and his family...even if its as a shoulder to cry on. He'll appreciate it. Sorry again.

WYRD
01-06-2006, 08:35 AM
Sorry to hear Brian.

NuckinFutz
01-06-2006, 08:37 AM
Times like these is when friends mean the most. Sorry for the bad luck.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-06-2006, 08:56 AM
What a tragedy. It's amazing that things like that can happen with all of the technology today.
Too sad.

wsuwrhr
01-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Neurologist said there is zero brain activity, ran the test twice at the urging of the father just to be sure.
The family is going to take her off life support today sometime.
Again,
I thank you guys for support, I have, and do, consider you all my friends.
Brian

wsuwrhr
01-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Christie just called, apparently my wife's grandfather had reqested his pallbearers(sp?), one of which is me.
I imagine that is an honor, with a heavy heart, I accepted.
I have done it once before for another friend.
Brian

Schiada76
01-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Sorry to hear what your going through.
God Speed

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-06-2006, 02:53 PM
Sorry about all your bad luck Brain. I know it isn't really going to make you feel any better but the same baby situation happened to my cousin with her first baby. It was an awful experience but it is 5 years later now and she has 5 kids now.
Hang in there!
xoxox
Linda :redface:

Tom Brown
01-06-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm sorry, Brian.
Your friend,
Tom

redi4fun
01-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Damn,
There is nothing I can thing of to say except,
hang in there and give your wife and buddy a big hug when you see them.

Biglue
01-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Wow buddy. I'm sorry to hear that your family and friends are so grief striken. The little one not pulling through is especially sad to me because I am a parent. Could not even imagine what your friends are experiencing.
As far as your wife's grand father, the one thing that one can be greatfull is that he lived a full life and left behind memories of a life time to be shared by those close to him. I bet you feel honored to be a pall bearer. I sincerely wish you strength and courage for your family and you friends through these rough times. God bless.
Louie.

Floored
01-06-2006, 03:08 PM
As you get older you have to go through this more and nothing ever makes sense or makes it any easier. I'm very sorry for you and your friends losses. Live, Love and Laugh like there is no tomorrow.

Her454
01-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Brian, my deepest condolences for all your sorrow. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and friends.
Traci

hoolign
01-06-2006, 03:10 PM
Wow buddy. I'm sorry to hear that your family and friends are so grief striken. The little one not pulling through is especially sad to me because I am a parent. Could not even imagine what your friends are experiencing.
As far as your wife's grand father, the one thing that one can be greatfull is that he lived a full life and left behind memories of a life time to be shared by those close to him. I bet you feel honored to be a pall bearer. I sincerely wish you strength and courage for your family and you friends through these rough times. God bless.
Louie.
I couldn't have said that better... Hang in there dude!

unleashed
01-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad news. My families prayers are with you guys.
Deano

HOOTER SLED-
01-06-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm sorry to hear this...........
I wish your friends and family all the strength to pull through this rough time..... Your a good friend and husband to be there for them during this.......... best of wishes for all.

pixilatedpussy
01-06-2006, 09:36 PM
bump

OutCole'd
01-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Brian, what can I say? My thoughts are with you.

THOR
01-08-2006, 07:28 AM
My prayers and condolences are with you.

wsuwrhr
01-08-2006, 08:21 AM
The family decided to leave the baby on life support for a couple of days, and hope for a miracle.
I am saddened by the whole deal.
Thank you guys for all your support.
Brian

Bre
01-08-2006, 08:46 AM
My prayers and thoughts are with your friend and his family. I could not imagine losing one of my little ones :( It would be hard for me to let go too.

H20 Toie
01-08-2006, 09:00 AM
So sorry to hear that, i will be praying for a miracle.

Charley
01-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Our family's sincerest condolences to you and yours, our prayers are with you.

BILLY.B
01-08-2006, 07:54 PM
WOW Brian...Sorry to here about all this.

OGShocker
01-09-2006, 11:25 AM
Sorry for the delay, Brian!
Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and friends .