PDA

View Full Version : Tonight was the first time I've seen Texas play and...

MagicMtnDan
01-04-2006, 09:56 PM
I've seen USC play a bunch of games this year. I'll be the first to admit that I'm nowhere near a qualified judge of talent on the college football field but I will go out on a limb here and say Vince Young is one of the best college football players I've ever seen. I don't know if he has a great arm (but he certainly is accurate) nor do I know if QB is the best position for him in the NFL but, I think he might be (should be?) the first choice in the NFL draft (yes, ahead of Bush) depending on the team's needs (and I believe the Texans need all kinds of O-line help).
Vince Young was amazing tonight. About 200 yards rushing plus all those passes - what a performance! (And I was rooting for USC)

KACHINA KEN
01-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Your God damn right Dan.

shueman
01-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Texas played a great game...hats off to Vince Young....
Reggie Bush & the Trojans BLEW IT in Q1......

Old Texan
01-04-2006, 10:35 PM
His game just does not translate to the pro level. Everybody is as fast as him and they were all ALL-AMERICANS somewhere. He's got a very slow delivery. He's been projected as the #4 pick to the Jets, but after all the declarations and the combine, look for Jay Cutler and Brady Quinn (if he declares) to climb the board. They are both more prototypical NFL quarterbacks.
The Texans do not need a QB, they need somebody to block for the one they have. They have a very serviceable back in Dominic Davis. Reggie Bush is not a 25 carry NFL back. He might get 25 touches a game via pass, run, and return, but he's not an every down NFL back. I'd like to see the Texans trade that pick down and draft a couple big o lineman, but they won't. Teams will force their hand to take the best athlete because everybody that wants to trade up wants Leinart and they won't take him.
Vince is a JR (Arm looks like Bernie K, is all I'l say about that. Bernie with wheels? HMMMMMMMMMM) and if I had to pick an NFL back, I'd grab White. Bush is great in college but not a lock in the pros as far as Sanders, LT, RWilliams, or Caddy W and such.

beer hunter
01-04-2006, 10:37 PM
This was truly a great game. Texas was definitely the better team tonight and deserves the championshipÂ…as for Young, the guy is amazing and should have a successful career in the NFL.
Awesome game!!!! :)

INSman
01-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Young just killed them on the "scrambles" :220v:

Sane Asylum
01-05-2006, 07:44 AM
Vince Young is an incredible athlete, BUT...............He's no NFL quarterback........He'll get picked....at some point maybe 3rd or 4th round but no QB has ever been successful with his throwing motion.....
If he's smart he'll find someone to change/improve/modify that motion. If he keeps that throwing motion, he'll be the best fumbling QB in the NFL. He'll get eaten alive by every cornerback, DE, and MLB that looks at a little film....
He won the game for Texas.........nuff said........
Just hope he doesn't think he can be successful in the NFL as is........

Tom Brown
01-05-2006, 07:45 AM
The Texans do not need a QB, they need somebody to block for the one they have. They have a very serviceable back in Dominic Davis.
Dominic Davis should be working construction.

Sane Asylum
01-05-2006, 07:54 AM
Shockwave Bob....
Not to hijack.........BUT....
What the hell does your sig line mean????

Tom Brown
01-05-2006, 07:55 AM
What the hell does your sig line mean????
It means, "I love you, OG Shocker!"

Sleek-Jet
01-05-2006, 07:56 AM
Texas looked pretty bad in the first half of the first quarter... but they settled down and when they came up with that lateral, it let them get set on their feet.
The difference I saw in Texas vs. the other teams that USC played was that they didn't roll over when they got down a couple scores behind USC. It was almost like USC didn't know what to do. You could see it on the sidelines, "Hey, Texas is supposed to quit now..."

Bryan Rose
01-05-2006, 08:07 AM
I am not picking or anything but he is a great athelete that all you USC fans are picking apart his game ....He just beat what you all called the best USC team ever and some of you thinkk the best College team ever. Will he stand out in the NFL? Yes, with some help and development. None the less the greatest single effort and performance I have ever seen in college football.
USC has a great team indeed, but they got beat .....
About the bad calls......Nobody wants to talk about any bad calls that were called in there favor this season or even on there winning streak, I seem to remeber Notre Dame , 4 th quarter.....this year.
All in All what a great winning streak and hats off to an incredible College Football season!
Do we now have to watch pro ball? YUK
Bryan

a catered life
01-05-2006, 08:09 AM
I've seen USC play a bunch of games this year. I'll be the first to admit that I'm nowhere near a qualified judge of talent on the college football field but I will go out on a limb here and say Vince Young is one of the best college football players I've ever seen. I don't know if he has a great arm (but he certainly is accurate) nor do I know if QB is the best position for him in the NFL but, I think he might be (should be?) the first choice in the NFL draft (yes, ahead of Bush) depending on the team's needs (and I believe the Texans need all kinds of O-line help).
Vince Young was amazing tonight. About 200 yards rushing plus all those passes - what a performance! (And I was rooting for USC)
i know i may regret this but i agree with you MMD :220v: the problem with vince is that type of qb doesnt make it in the nfl the men are 50-75 pounds bigger their faster and they hit a lot harder.....i look at atlanta (vick) and look where they have been each year

Mrs_Wally_Gator
01-05-2006, 08:23 AM
As a bperson born and raised in Texas I was very proud of the Longhorns last night. The Trojans played very well and gave us Texans a run for our money. I truly believethat either team could have won it. It was a very well played game by both teams.

Bryan Rose
01-05-2006, 08:28 AM
i know i may regret this but i agree with you MMD :220v: the problem with vince is that type of qb doesnt make it in the nfl the men are 50-75 pounds bigger their faster and they hit a lot harder.....i look at atlanta (vick) and look where they have been each year
I will agree with this....Vick is a punk that is over payed big time! Young will do well somewhere but at QB? we shall see, An athelete that good has a place in the NFL .......... but where is the Question.

Ducatista
01-05-2006, 09:10 AM
It was the first time I've seen Vince Young play, and if I'm a NFL GM that needs a QB, I'm taking this guy. They are 20-2 since he became the starting QB at Texas. He looks to be a natural football player to me that wins games, to hell with the scouts and the slow delivery stuff. A big mobile tough QB with an accurate arm, I think he will excell in the pro's from what I saw last night. I sure hope so, because this guy was awsome to watch. Congrats to Texas, Carroll played into their hands by that fourth down gamble that failed. That was the game right there I thought. Anyway, what a great game to watch, both teams have a ton of talent that will make it in the NFL. It's funny, I don't really feel bad for USC, they played a great game against a team that looked their equal, they were due for a loss unfortunatly. Damn that was a good game! :rollside:

Red Horse
01-05-2006, 09:20 AM
Vince young did win the game for Texas. When you have a QB that has running talent and speed it is going to be hard for him not to run the ball.
The NFL with their dedicated coaches he will get even better. If he is picked up as a QB then someone will work with him constantly, make him hold the ball and develop his skills even more. I could even see him as a WR or back?!?! He is a good athlete with a positive attitude and the skill it takes to play a wide range of positions.

Hardly Satisfied
01-05-2006, 09:34 AM
vince young ran wild last night

totenhosen
01-05-2006, 09:36 AM
I will agree with this....Vick is a punk that is over payed big time! Young will do well somewhere but at QB? we shall see, An athelete that good has a place in the NFL .......... but where is the Question.
Vince Young is the next Kordell Stewart???

Sleek-Jet
01-05-2006, 09:49 AM
If he is, I hope he goes to a team the can utilize his talent instead of what happened to Ko-del...

jdogginla
01-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Ahhhh NO! Kordell never had the size and didn't have the speed that Vince has.
Vince reminds me more of Randall Cunningham than anyone else. People knock his motion of throwing the ball, but he's the most efficient passer in the college game........??? He throws the ball effortlessly. He'll make a team better if he choses to come out. Although I think he'll stay.......he wants the heisman.

a catered life
01-05-2006, 09:31 PM
Vince young did win the game for Texas. When you have a QB that has running talent and speed it is going to be hard for him not to run the ball.
The NFL with their dedicated coaches he will get even better. If he is picked up as a QB then someone will work with him constantly, make him hold the ball and develop his skills even more. I could even see him as a WR or back?!?! He is a good athlete with a positive attitude and the skill it takes to play a wide range of positions.
this is what was said about kordell stewart...need i say more