PDA

View Full Version : Stock Market - Who's taking a BEATING?

DCBDaytona
06-13-2006, 12:17 PM
With the Real Estate Market at a standstill, the confusion of interest rates and the stock martket's recent plunge...Jeez, when is the market gonna turn around? This recent beating in stocks is definately not enjoyable! :mad:

INSman
06-13-2006, 12:24 PM
Getting hammered day after day, but it will come back eventually. Good thing I am not trying to retire anytime soon :220v:

ThongMagnet
06-13-2006, 12:24 PM
It's a great buying opportuinty for stocks.
Just remember, the stock market always goes up. When it dips, its a buying opportuinty. Not a bad thing.

DCBDaytona
06-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Just remember, the stock market always goes up. When it dips, its a buying opportuinty. Not a bad thing.
The question is...When will they reach the "bottom?" It's hard to buy right now knowing that day after day you could continue to get beat down.

Water Romper
06-13-2006, 12:27 PM
All mine are down....I'm screwed if it keeps going this direction...I should have invested in "Adult Toys" :crossx:

2Driver
06-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Good time to buy unless the world is really coming to an end. Then I'd hold off a bit :D
I know I've lost a small house or very large boat in the past 2 weeks, but then again the trend line over time always pans out. But it does give one the pucker factor :2purples:

MohaveChuck
06-13-2006, 12:33 PM
I think we get a bounce tomorrow, but probably no bottom until we hit the Oct lows on the Nasdaq. Hopefully next week.

DILLIGAF
06-13-2006, 12:38 PM
I have about 25 or so stocks and funds along with numerous bonds. Yes, the stocks have been beaten up lately but hopefully you guys are invested long term and diversified. The sky is not falling. Try not to look at it all the time...maybe once a quarter.

NautiTwins
06-13-2006, 12:41 PM
This is fun!! Volatility is a mans best friend, just make sure to be on the right side of it all. Also, international is doing well. Commodities are also doing famously right about now. Try to stay diversified and have a trusted advisor to take your emotion out of it all.

burtandnancy
06-13-2006, 12:43 PM
You are so right. Counting today, I'm down (on paper only) about a half mil this last 30 days. But everytime I think we're close to bottom again, down it goes. One of you said it'll take a bounce tomarrow, I hope so and for the next few weeks as well. I need the Dow closer to 12,000 to be comfortable...

NautiTwins
06-13-2006, 12:45 PM
You are so right. Counting today, I'm down (on paper only) about a half mil this last 30 days. But everytime I think we're close to bottom again, down it goes. One of you said it'll take a bounce tomarrow, I hope so and for the next few weeks as well. I need the Dow closer to 12,000 to be comfortable...
This is a long shot at least for 2006

DILLIGAF
06-13-2006, 12:46 PM
You are so right. Counting today, I'm down (on paper only) about a half mil this last 30 days.
Now that is what I call a BIG BALLER

MrsAnchorman
You can add my name to the list of those taking a beating. :mad:

572Daytona
I just checked my 401K and I'm at an overall rate of return of 2.4% for the year. The only investment there that I have doing any good is the real estate investment trust which is still showing 9.7% return for the year. So I wouldn't say real estate is at a stand still, if the US and foreign stocks keep taking a beating, I would expect real estate to become a hot investment again.

DCBDaytona
06-13-2006, 12:48 PM
I agree. I planned on jumping back in yesterday, and I'm GLAD I did not. It would have been one hell of a first day :220v:

MR HARLEY
06-13-2006, 01:02 PM
The sky is not falling.
DCBDaytona always thinks the sky is falling. :p

DCBDaytona
06-13-2006, 01:05 PM
DCBDaytona always thinks the sky is falling. :p
Do you even know what stocks are?

Red Horse
06-13-2006, 01:05 PM
I agree. Somethings hurt me pretty good, but my ML stuff is doing OK. It is on a steady climb for me. Real slow, but on the way up. Small Caps seem to be still declining.

MR HARLEY
06-13-2006, 01:08 PM
Do you even know what stocks are?
Sure I dabble a little, why do you want to play BIG BANK take little bank :)

DCBDaytona
06-13-2006, 01:12 PM
Sure. But what is it? :p
If it's your big bank (F-29) taking my little bank (21 Daytona)...Good luck.lol
You gonna be around this weekend?

MR HARLEY
06-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Sure. But what is it? :p
If it's your big bank (F-29) taking my little bank (21 Daytona)...Good luck.lol
You gonna be around this weekend?
I just got a-hold of this Top Secret kool-aide additive, to add to my gas to make my boat go faster in the summer, so you better watch out. :crossx:

DCBDaytona
06-13-2006, 01:43 PM
I just got a-hold of this Top Secret kool-aide additive, to add to my gas to make my boat go faster in the summer, so you better watch out. :crossx:
HAHA. Now back to the topic of discussion...Stocks

infotraker
06-13-2006, 02:04 PM
All my investments are down. I retired early from Intel in 2000. Lost a lot in Intel stock. Still have some but looking to sell around $150K worth. Took up the hobby of gold prospecting and with the price og gold being up I might may gas money if I go more often. I get out once a week and find a little, need to find a lot to supplement my income from stock sales.

Angry Inch
06-13-2006, 02:04 PM
Dollar Cost Averaging is your best friend.

CA Stu
06-13-2006, 02:15 PM
with the price og gold being up I might may gas money if I go more often.
Gold has dropped from $700 to what, $560?
Dollar cost averaging makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
Not looking at the bottom line in my Quicken investments folder.
That makes me want to kill puppies.
Thanks
CA Stu

YeLLowBoaT
06-13-2006, 03:32 PM
You have not lost anything til you sell it....If your putting money in the markets that you can't afford to lose.... You get what the market brings.
So any1 know of a company that is on the cutting edge of tattoo removel... I want to invest with them....

Freak
06-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Yeah yeah a wild ride. Me thinks the global Forex Markets have realized that the Fed won't stop raising interest rates any time soon...the US Dollar as an investment becomes somewhat more attractive if interest rates go up. Gotta have those Asians buy our debt.
The Dollar hasn't moved up dramatically, but when the Dollar increases in value, the stock market becomes comparatively overvalued.
If the Dollar doubles in value, the Dow can drop 50% and still be "worth" the same in terms the Forex Markets. :220v:
Did I just say drop 50% to compensate??? :) And as the dollar increases in volume, then a 400k home is worth 800k... and a loaf of bread goes from $3 to $6...
And so too will gas move from $3 to $6. Yet our cost will be the same if a typical white collar worker goes from $100k to $200k pay package...
I think I'm gonna be sick.....

THREADED INC.
06-13-2006, 04:24 PM
MACH 26 Should play this game

Angry Inch
06-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Gold has dropped from $700 to what, $560?
Dollar cost averaging makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
Not looking at the bottom line in my Quicken investments folder.
That makes me want to kill puppies.
Thanks
CA Stu
Ignore your bottom line, don't sell low. The stock market does a real 7% gain per year in real money (adj for inflation) on index. If your speculating, I feel for you.

sdpm
06-13-2006, 04:39 PM
This is fun!! Volatility is a mans best friend, just make sure to be on the right side of it all. Also, international is doing well. Commodities are also doing famously right about now. Try to stay diversified and have a trusted advisor to take your emotion out of it all.
"DIVERSIFIED" I love this term! We sold a rental house 6 years ago and did very well on it. Went to a "well respected" financial advisor/consultant for long term investment advise. Invested the profits into Mutual Funds in a "Divers Portfolio". From very conservitive to very little risk. Some went up and others went down. Over 5 years, just got back to even!! We made nothing! Consultant/Advisor made his money? Win win for him! I know alot of others in the same boat.Needless to say, we're not in stocks any longer. Pulled it and bought property. At least I own something. I wish I would have listened to my Dad long ago! :cry:
Diversified to me means: going to Vegas and putting $50 on red and $50 on black?

sdpm
06-13-2006, 04:47 PM
"DIVERSIFIED" I love this term! We sold a rental house 6 years ago and did very well on it. Went to a "well respected" financial advisor/consultant for long term investment advise. Invested the profits into Mutual Funds in a "Divers Portfolio". From very conservitive to very little risk. Some went up and others went down. Over 5 years, just got back to even!! We made nothing! Consultant/Advisor made his money? Win win for him! I know alot of others in the same boat.Needless to say, we're not in stocks any longer. Pulled it and bought property. At least I own something. I wish I would have listened to my Dad long ago! :cry:
Diversified to me means: going to Vegas and putting $50 on red and $50 on black?

80Dimarco
06-14-2006, 02:16 PM
I made about 15% on Mutual Funds last year which is pretty good. Even through the big dip in stocks my funds have held up, I like it. Real Estate has been a great investment but right now we it is stale and I believe they will even dip maybe 20% in 2007, especially in California and San Diego specifically where prices are through the roof right now.

ThongMagnet
06-14-2006, 02:41 PM
T Rowe Price - New Asia fund.

framer1
06-14-2006, 02:57 PM
This post is right on :rolleyes: Which is sort of sad :yuk: Stock suck... at least mine do :rollside:

dirty old man
06-15-2006, 10:42 AM
looks like we're getting a little help today (6-15-6) hope it holds. Is it because today is TAX DAY?