PDA

View Full Version : Placecraft 22' Stepcat

Havasu Informant
06-04-2001, 04:26 PM
We first saw this boat at Orange County Shw. Does anyone have any experience with this hull?

dcraig
06-06-2001, 08:20 AM
I would also be interested in hearing more about this boat and manufacturer. I do know that one of the principals of Place Diverter and Controls owns this company. They are known to produce quality products. Anyone own one?

Chestah Cheetah
06-12-2001, 02:30 PM
I know this reply is late but....... I had the pleasure of witnessing this craft out at Pyramid about a month ago. What a beast! This ain't your grampas party deck- He told me it was a 468ci that put out 950 HP and 103 mph on radar. It piqued my curiosity so I got the brochure. The hull is very interesting, doesn't look like a regular bowrider or a party deck- more of a low pro tunnel deck (make sense?)that looked like it handled turns real well.

gstark
06-18-2001, 11:39 AM
I met an owner of a 22 PC deck boat at Blythe. He had a 502 (I think) and a setback Legend Pump. Not very happy as he would barely break 50 mph. He seems to think the hull just is not setup for a pump installation.
As I looked under it, there are several steps and a narrow keel section where the pump intake is.
From what I heard, it seems that keeping the pump loaded was the problem, so there is likely an inherent design issue with a pump in this hull configuration. Adding horsepower did not solve the problem.
Beautiful boat though.

lostlake
06-19-2001, 07:34 AM
I think i saw the same guy, this guy was at the sand bar down from lostlake, up from hidden valley, either way when i asked him about his boat the first thing he said was Do you want tho buy it... It did have a great stereo 4 10s up front under the seats, but after talking to him he said it was a good ride but too slow..

RiverDave
06-25-2001, 03:05 PM
Interesting, I read that the placecraft deckboat was actually designed TO BE A JET. The guy that designed it bought a deckboat and was unhappy with it, so he built one. He used to be a big time jet boat drag racer and the hull was designed to be a high speed jet deckboat. As a matter of fact when he first started producing them (don't quote me on this) I don't think stern drive was even an option, I know they are now. That same article had pretty rave reviews about the boat. Typical.
RiverDave