PDA

View Full Version : Distributor Removal and Replacement

probablecause
06-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Are there any special removal instructions for removing the distributor and replacing it. I have to replace my intake manifold gasket. Thanks.

FASTRAT
06-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Are there any special removal instructions for removing the distributor and replacing it. I have to replace my intake manifold gasket. Thanks.
just bring it up to the TDC mark on the balancer with rotor pointing to #1 & pull it out...fix the gasket & put the dist back in with rotor pointing to #1...ur good to go...i would also ck/re-set the lifters while i had the manif off...just my .02 cents
fastrat

Moneypitt
06-13-2006, 04:22 PM
There is a good chance it will not drop all the way back in because the oil drive must also align. So, once you have it, (the rotor) where you want it, just rotate the motor forward slowly until the dist drop all the way in. Then back it up to where you were and continue. If you point the rotor to a spot, or straight forward or straight back, and mark the dist body, you can go right back where you were within a few degrees for easy re starting to re set the timing. What you DON'T want to do is turn the motor with the dist out, or all these instructions will have to take a different direction......MP

cave
06-13-2006, 04:57 PM
I just installed a new cam and will be installing the dist as soon as I get my manifold gaskets in. When you lift the dist up to take it out notice that the rotor turns. Try to remeber where this location is. The reverse is instalation.