PDA

View Full Version : shoes on a tx-19 youngblood

J.C.
06-13-2006, 04:13 PM
my current shoe is 1/8 inch above the keel.is this right or should i come down a little.approx where should i be on this particular hull.thanks

Gearhead
06-16-2006, 07:25 PM
OK, J.C...... seems like no one wants to touch this one. The shoe depth depends on a lot of factors.... engine power, acceleration, lift, etc. The lower the shoe, the more water will be loaded to the bottom of the impeller and the more lift to the back of the boat. The boat will also "stop" harder, in other words you will need to take more time shutting the boat down, don't just click the power. From a performance point of view... even with the keel will get the boat up pretty good and I bet you will see a performance gain.

Jet Hydro
06-16-2006, 08:23 PM
do a little at a time!!!!!!! do a little at a time!!!!!! Get my point?

RICHARD TILL
06-17-2006, 04:05 PM
i was wondering about all that myself. i`ve had a tx-19 since 1982. the clean out for the pump is on the inside and the shoe is`nt machined. have allways been afraid i`d screw things up if i tried to move the pump back. now i`ve got a new bronze "B" impeller and a fake type shoe that just bolts on. just not installed yet. if i see enough good results, maybe i`ll get the courage to move the intake back.