PDA

View Full Version : Olds 455 Alternator Bracket

robk
01-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Does anyone know exactly which alternator bracket(s) the 455 uses? I'm having trouble locating a vendor that carries a bracket that claims to work specifically for the 455, and since I'm not familiar with the specifics of the part I'm not sure about what other Olds/GM/Pontiac motors may have used the same exact part?
Also, I just rebuilt the Edelbrock Performer 750 carb (AFB type) and remembered that the previous owner had experienced trouble in jetting it. The primary jets are .110 and the secondaries .107. I mic'ed the metering rods and they appear to be stock. However, I'm hoping that someone can point me in the direction to get the thing in the ballpark before I start fine tuning.... Its stock except for that carb and a performer manifold. I've read through old posts and done some research, but the best I can find is to rejet it to stock and go from there?
Thanks
Rob

Taylorman
01-05-2006, 05:23 AM
I have an alternator bracket for a 455 if you need it. I just took it off my boat cause i had to relocate my alt. when i built my rail kit.

maxwedge
01-05-2006, 07:23 AM
Not trying to jack the thread or anything, but how did you finally work out that alternator Taylorman?

robk
01-05-2006, 09:00 AM
I have an alternator bracket for a 455 if you need it. I just took it off my boat cause i had to relocate my alt. when i built my rail kit.
Thank you Taylorman for the help with the alternator bracket.
So... Anyone have any ideas for a good jetting/metering rod starting point? Aren't these carbs set up for 400+ CI stock? Im thinking that returning it to the stock jets and metering rods would be a good place to start tuning.

Taylorman
01-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Not trying to jack the thread or anything, but how did you finally work out that alternator Taylorman?
Im gonna mount is directly to the motor mount plate. I haven't done it yet, i still have some fitting to do on the plate. I'll put up a picture when its done.

Sangster
01-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Rex sells a crank mount altenator...

robk
01-05-2006, 12:25 PM
Rex sells a crank mount altenator...
Thanks, but Taylorman had a stocker to get rid of. That'll work fine for me, since no one will see the bracket anyway.