PDA

View Full Version : bimini: slide rail or stationary

kcsteck
06-13-2006, 07:48 PM
ok i have a Bimini that I have not put on since I repainted my boat and im gettin ready to put it back on. It had the 18 inch rail system before so you can adjust it a little front to back. What you all sugest stationary or the rail system. let me know.
Casey

Nubbs
06-13-2006, 09:17 PM
I personally like the stationary system. The rails just don't look good.

GunninGopher
06-13-2006, 09:40 PM
I always thought the rails would be a sand trap.
I've never used one, though.
I just set it up to give me the shade I want, and hopefully the folks in back will get theirs, too.

h2oboy
06-13-2006, 10:01 PM
I had to put in 2 stationary points so I could have it down and up... But I like having the stationary mounting points... You can buy real nice ones that do not look dumb. just my 2 cents.

W.O.T
06-13-2006, 10:01 PM
i had rails on my last boat but removed them and went to stationary. i would only keep them if it was necessary to move the top forward or back from the down or up position. my last boat had a ski pole that was in the way so thats why the rail setup helped. stationary mount is much cleaner looking

djunkie
06-13-2006, 10:19 PM
I had these installed when I got my bimini installed. They work out real nice. I had to stretch the spring in the quick release though cause they would work loose if it was rough out but they work awesome now.
http://www.danamarineproducts.com/store.cfm?&catid=81&CFID=221691&CFTOKEN=78669651

kcsteck
06-14-2006, 06:54 AM
thanks for everyones input. I agreee the rails butt ass ugly! I do however really like those Billet ones there on the link. I think im gonna go that route possbilly or the double stationary mount method.
Thanks
Casey