PDA

View Full Version : Burley on site RV parking

Moneypitt
06-13-2006, 08:30 PM
There is a web site for the Idaho Regatta. Gonna be a couple of drag boats as well as a bunch of circle boats. Also, the golf course RV deal, $75 for the weekend, BUT, ALL adults staying there are required to buy a $35 weekend pass, plus $25 for kids 11 and under. WOW, Burley sure has changed. The Heyburn RV park is full, I'm still looking for somewhere to park a couple of pick ups and sleep in the shells. For some reason I don't think the pits will be allowed for overnight sleeping, based on the rest of the different situations they're talking about. Gonna be a "really big shew" this year, and they're really pumping up the return of the Ks. Another difference, they're showing a FRIDAY morning boat parade through town, noon testing, 5 PM "happy hour" racing, and a rock? band at 7PM at the race site, all free, except for the $4 parking!! So, no parade Saturday or Sunday???.....Friday testing? Never seen that before.......Happy hour racing?? What about the Ruppert "show and shine"?? Is that gone as well?......... Ray

Jetboatguru
06-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Ray why doesn't the Burely Regatta committee cut their hearts out and put them on a plate for you! Would that make you happy? Maybe you should write the Idaho congressman and let him know of the wrong doings in Burley! :rollside:

Moneypitt
06-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Event Information
The Burger King Idaho Regatta is Located at the Burley Golf Course Marina in Burley, Idaho (View the course). Burley is located in the heart of the Magic Valley about half way between Salt Lake City, UT and Boise, ID along Interstate 84 (Click here for Maps and Local Weather). This annual event takes place during the last full weekend in June and promises fun and excitement for race fans (Click here to see this years Poster). You can receive additional information about the area at the Mini-Cassia Chamber of Commerce.
RV and tent camping sites are available on site for just $75.00. Each person staying in this on-site area will need to purchase a weekend pass that includes both days admission plus pit passes for each day, the cost is $35.00 for adults, $25.00 for children 11 and under. To reserve your space on a first-come-first-serve basis click here, you will need to send a non-refundable $75.00 check to the Burley Regatta Committee, P.O. Box 64, Burley, Idaho 83318 before your slot will be reserved. To view a map of the RV and tent camping spaces click here.
Below is a race schedule for Saturday and Sunday with the individual heats, qualifiers, and finals:
Saturday Schedule
11:00 am
Smiths Food & Drug Super Stocks Qualifier #1 (Group 1)
Smiths Food & Drug Super Stocks Qualifier #1 (Group 2)
Budweiser Cracker Boxes Qualifier #1 (Group 1)
Budweiser Cracker Boxes Qualifier #1 (Group 2)
Pepsi Pro Stocks Qualifier#1 (Group 1)
Pepsi Pro Stocks Qualifier#1 (Group 2)
Flag Ceremony
Burger King K-Boats Qualifier# 1 (Group 1)
Burger King K-Boats Qualifier# 1 (Group 2)
Budweiser Cracker Boxes “LCQ”
Smiths Food and Drug Super Stocks “C” Main
Best Western Grand Nationals Qualifier # 1 (10 Laps)
Pepsi Pro Stocks “LCQ”
Wal-Mart Competition Jets Heat 1
Burger King K-Boats “LCQ”
Budweiser Cracker Boxes Final
Smith’s Food and Drug Super Stocks “B” Main
Best Western Grand National Qualifier# 2 (10 Laps)
Pepsi Pro Stock Final
Wal-Mart Competiton Jet Final
Smiths Food and Drug Super Stock “A” Main -Final
Best Western Grand Nationals 4 lap “Trophy Dash”
Mountain Dew Top Alcohol Hydro Drag Boats
Gossner Cheese Cuckoo’s Nest vs Burger King What a Tomato
Burger King K-Boat A Main Final
Course Closed end of racing
Sundays Schedule:
11:00 am
Smiths Food & Drug Super Stocks Qualifier #1 (Group 1)
Smiths Food & Drug Super Stocks Qualifier #1 (Group 2)
Budweiser Cracker Boxes Qualifier #1 (Group 1)
Budweiser Cracker Boxes Qualifier #1 (Group 2)
Best Western Grand National (10 Minute Test)
Pepsi Pro Stocks Qualifier#1 (Group 1)
Pepsi Pro Stocks Qualifier#1 (Group 2)
Flag Ceremony
Burger King K-Boats Qualifier# 1 (Group 1)
Burger King K-Boats Qualifier# 1 (Group 2)
Budweiser Cracker Boxes “LCQ”
Smiths Food and Drug Super Stocks “C” Main
Wal-Mart Competition Jets Heat 1
Pepsi Pro Stocks “LCQ”
Best Western Grand National Final(20 Lap Main)
Burger King K-Boats “LCQ”
Budweiser Cracker Boxes Final
Smith’s Food and Drug Super Stocks “B” Main
Wal-Mart Competiton Jet Final
Pepsi Pro Stock Final
Smiths Food and Drug Super Stock “A” Main -Final
Best Western Grand Nationals 4 lap “Trophy Dash”
Mountain Dew Top Alcohol Hydro Drag Boats
Gossner Cheese Cuckoo’s Nest vs Burger King What a Tomato
Burger King K-Boat A Main Final
Course Closed end of racing
*Note: Some of these links require Adobe Reader (click here to download).
Friday, June 23, 2006.
Parade through Downtown Burley 10:00 am Assemble at 9:30 at Mountain View School Parking Lot at the corner of 27th and Overland
Testing and Qualifying 12:00 pm Coarse
Happy Hour Race 5:00 pm Coarse
Live Concert 7:00 pm Race Site
Saturday, June 24, 2006.
Drivers Meeting 10:00 am Control Tower
Elimination Finals 11:00 am - 6:00 pm Course
Sunday, June 25, 2006.
Drivers Meeting 10:00 am Control Tower
Elimination Finals 11:00 am - 6:00 pm Course
Awards Banquet 7:00 pm Burley Inn & Convention Center

Moneypitt
06-13-2006, 08:55 PM
Ray why doesn't the Burely Regatta committee cut their hearts out and put them on a plate for you! Would that make you happy? Maybe you should write the Idaho congressman and let him know of the wrong doings in Burley! :rollside:
I didn't say anything was WRONG, only different........This small town boat race has changed, thats all I said. I may be better than ever, then again it has alot of IHBA between the lines........Tony, have you ever raced there? Ray

FlatStupid
06-13-2006, 09:17 PM
I'll have a Whopper with cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F#%$k the SS guy's!!!!!!!!!!!!! FS!!!!!!!!!

Moneypitt
06-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Friday, June 23, 2006.
Parade through Downtown Burley 10:00 am Assemble at 9:30 at Mountain View School Parking Lot at the corner of 27th and Overland
Burley is a "working" town. The majority of the townsfolk will be at work or in their fields. The Sat/Sun parades went through the streets lined with people and Kids. The racers all threw candy to the kids, I think it was a 25 yr + tradition. I've never heard of "eliminations" at a circle race.......I think they call them heats. I know that up until at least '04, that Friday was the day the racers started showing up around noon, no testing on Friday. Again, it may be better than ever, but there is alot of that "other" sanctioning body between the lines.........Ray

BILLY.B
06-14-2006, 06:06 AM
Friday, June 23, 2006.
Burley is a "working" town. The majority of the townsfolk will be at work or in their fields. The Sat/Sun parades went through the streets lined with people and Kids. The racers all threw candy to the kids, I think it was a 25 yr + tradition. I've never heard of "eliminations" at a circle race.......I think they call them heats. I know that up until at least '04, that Friday was the day the racers started showing up around noon, no testing on Friday. Again, it may be better than ever, but there is alot of that "other" sanctioning body between the lines.........RayOH MY GOD!!!!!. And I thought that "Days of our lives" had drama. A change of words and life as you know goes upside down. Wish that's all I had to worry about!!!!.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-14-2006, 12:18 PM
Another difference, they're showing a FRIDAY morning boat parade through town, noon testing, 5 PM "happy hour" racing, and a rock? band at 7PM
Differences???? What differences? Friday has allways been parade day :notam: Everything looks normal to me.
Ray, are you feeling ok? :confused:

SK48
06-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Ray, I don't know about in the late 70's but the parade has always been
on Friday since the early 80's. The fish fry is always in Rupert on
Thursday night.

kryptonite
06-14-2006, 02:29 PM
since the late 80's ive remembered the parade on friday as well.

Rattle Can Lou
06-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Ray, you better post a retraction before these fools eat you up. I think the parade has been on Friday for quite awhile in case you havent noticed...I am sure funny arent I.

Moneypitt
06-14-2006, 05:33 PM
OK OK OK, I went thru town with the parade in 2004, maybe I'm having a "senior moment", but I thought it was Saturday morning, and on Friday noon the pits were a ghost town except for the golfer's cars. (Maybe that was Thursday) Maybe I lost a day somewhere along the way. I just heard of Friday afternoon's shoot out, now that I seem to remember, so maybe it's the onset of "old timers" disease. I'm starting to doubt I was ever there before and this is just a re occuring dream/nightmare....AND, if you may need an additional room at the Burley Inn, be nice, cause I may have a reservation to give away..........I'm keeping 2 of 3 rooms, and waiting for a call about the third. I AM really looking forward to this race, really I am. The Ks back in great numbers, the west vs north, east, south east, the "maybe" deal with the SS80 and K5, and kind of a racer's holiday for me..........Ray