PDA

View Full Version : First trip out

Spectre140
06-14-2006, 12:02 PM
Finally took the Skater out last weekend. :) Had a couple small issues but got them figured out and ended up having a nice weekend. The boat is way more trim sensitive than the Spectre, or any other boat I have been in. I don't know if it is the #6's or the boat itself but I didnt go more than 1 positive or negative on the drive indicators. It really rides flat and feels like it is just starting to find its set at over 100. The docks are a bit challenging since even at 900rpm it's going pretty good, and thats only on one motor. Loading it is also a little tough since the boat is only sitting on the lifting strakes/chines on the insides of the tunnel. The big Sterlings sound bitchen but I have to get some mufflers made so I don't piss too many people off, I'm sure they will still sound good. It's a little strange shifting AND having the rpm's kick up so the motors wont stall. I guess after all these years with Bravos I still look at the tach and try and make sure it is under 1000rpm's. Anyway, gonna do some fluid changes this week and give the carbs some love and it's off to meet my boy Magic34 up in Havasu this weekend. If you see "Never Late" stop by and have a cold one. :rollside:

KROOZIN
06-14-2006, 12:08 PM
:cool: sounds fun!!! Good to hear all went well for ya!
Yep, there sure isn't much movement with the drives, almost like "set em, and forget em"..... :p
Look forward to running into you out there...
:)

Spectre140
06-14-2006, 12:29 PM
:cool: sounds fun!!! Good to hear all went well for ya!
Yep, there sure isn't much movement with the drives, almost like "set em, and forget em"..... :p
Look forward to running into you out there...
:)
Are you going this weekend? I'm sure we will see you. Your boat is kind of hard to miss! :) I think Gary is going up too, although I don't know if he's bring Predator or not.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
06-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Congrats!! We will c-ya out there! PICS next time!!!

MR HARLEY
06-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Congratulations!

Spectre140
06-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Congrats!! We will c-ya out there! PICS next time!!!
I know! I yelled at my girlfriend for not emailing me the pics we took. Ill get um up.

andy01
06-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Finally took the Skater out last weekend. :) Had a couple small issues but got them figured out and ended up having a nice weekend. The boat is way more trim sensitive than the Spectre, or any other boat I have been in. I don't know if it is the #6's or the boat itself but I didnt go more than 1 positive or negative on the drive indicators. It really rides flat and feels like it is just starting to find its set at over 100. The docks are a bit challenging since even at 900rpm it's going pretty good, and thats only on one motor. Loading it is also a little tough since the boat is only sitting on the lifting strakes/chines on the insides of the tunnel. The big Sterlings sound bitchen but I have to get some mufflers made so I don't piss too many people off, I'm sure they will still sound good. It's a little strange shifting AND having the rpm's kick up so the motors wont stall. I guess after all these years with Bravos I still look at the tach and try and make sure it is under 1000rpm's. Anyway, gonna do some fluid changes this week and give the carbs some love and it's off to meet my boy Magic34 up in Havasu this weekend. If you see "Never Late" stop by and have a cold one. :rollside:
Congrats again, sounds like you had a great first trip. I liked that boat a lot when I looked at it at SC. Not to buy but just looked at it in enjoyment. Enjoy it and put some damn pictures up next time.....
Andy

Magic34
06-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Call me!!!! Want to talk to you about a Poker Run, and make it a "sponsored" trip with the Skater. :crossx:

KROOZIN
06-14-2006, 05:09 PM
Are you going this weekend? I'm sure we will see you. Your boat is kind of hard to miss! :) I think Gary is going up too, although I don't know if he's bring Predator or not.
not this weekend, next weekend I'll be there (24th) :cool:
can you make it out that weekend? I tried to talk Lance into meeting out there, but he's off to Powell that weekend :cry:

AZKC
06-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Dammm E, I thought you were going to let me know :cry: Sounds like its a quite the ride.

Charley
06-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Congrats.... pics next time please :D

Magic34
06-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Congrats.... pics next time please :D
The heat from the bow burned the camera up.
This boat is sick and huge. It sits way up higher than mine and looks so damn cool coming up/down the lake.
I did learn last weekend though why "most" (not all) west cost guys dont do too much color on the deck. It gets hot as hell, and even the light colors. I think Eric and I are going to repaint the bow ourselves. :crossx:
Oh and #6 drives are the shizzz!!! I was cooking a roast in my convection oven in the boat and forgot a knife. Eric raised the drives and we sliced the entire roast on the prop and ate it all together in Steamboat.
Anyways, the Skater is sick!!!!! Glad I have a good friend who has one so I can steal it when he isn't looking.

Buster
06-22-2006, 07:43 AM
We saw you out there last weekend. I was wondering who had the new Skater. Your boat looks great. Love the paint. Sounds bitchen.... I grabbed my camera to take a pic but my kid left it turned on and the battery was dead. :mad:
I would love to see it up close sometime.
Congrat's on her maiden voyage...
Cheers,

Spectre140
06-22-2006, 07:52 AM
The heat from the bow burned the camera up.
This boat is sick and huge. It sits way up higher than mine and looks so damn cool coming up/down the lake.
I did learn last weekend though why "most" (not all) west cost guys dont do too much color on the deck. It gets hot as hell, and even the light colors. I think Eric and I are going to repaint the bow ourselves. :crossx:
Oh and #6 drives are the shizzz!!! I was cooking a roast in my convection oven in the boat and forgot a knife. Eric raised the drives and we sliced the entire roast on the prop and ate it all together in Steamboat.
Anyways, the Skater is sick!!!!! Glad I have a good friend who has one so I can steal it when he isn't looking.
That shit is funny! :) I have some flat white interior paint left over from the house so we can just roll a walkway on the deck. :crossx: It is too hot. The big cleavers are also a little scary when people start to swim up to the boat, shit they are scary when I'm putting them on!
Anyway, the boat ran great all weekend. We did a run down to the springs late Sat. and had it up to an easy 125. On the other hand, trying to spin it like my Spectre isn't so easy, a few more adjustments and it should be better.
And as always, Mike's boat is the total family friendly player ride. A/C, kick ass stereo, and can cruise 90+ :) I finally got my pics on snapfish so when I get home I'll post some up. When is the next trip, and bring the blonde again. :)

Spectre140
06-22-2006, 07:55 AM
We saw you out there last weekend. I was wondering who had the new Skater. Your boat looks great. Love the paint. Sounds bitchen.... I grabbed my camera to take a pic but my kid left it turned on and the battery was dead. :mad:
Cheers,
Thanks partner! Anytime you see me stop and come aboard.

Magic34
06-22-2006, 11:09 AM
When is the next trip, and bring the blonde again. :)
She is nice, but high maintenace on the boat. Has to sit upfront or she feels sick, and has to pee in a bathroom, and NOT using mine (my rule).

Magic34
06-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Cheers,
You should have got a picture. It is great when E is driving this thing. Cant see him, so the boat looks to be driving itself. :D

Spectre140
06-22-2006, 11:39 AM
You should have got a picture. It is great when E is driving this thing. Cant see him, so the boat looks to be driving itself. :D
Stealth mode dude, stealth mode. :cool:

Spectre140
06-22-2006, 11:41 AM
She is nice, but high maintenace on the boat. Has to sit upfront or she feels sick, and has to pee in a bathroom, and NOT using mine (my rule).
Yikes! 1st trip was her last.

Phat Matt
06-22-2006, 11:53 AM
Your boat looked good on the water when I saw you in Thompsons Bay. :)

Spectre140
06-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Your boat looked good on the water when I saw you in Thompsons Bay. :)
Thanks Matt. When we saw you go by in Thompson Bay my buddy asked what kind of boat that was. Thats the first time I have seen your boat in person and it looks fantastic. I almost purchased Larry's RC-28 awhile back and saw the level of detail he puts into his boats. My girlfriend doesn't believe me, but in a couple years my next boat will be a E-Ticket. Awesome boat Matt.

Dave C
06-22-2006, 12:47 PM
post some pics so we can drool on that bad mamajama..... ;)

Spectre140
06-22-2006, 12:50 PM
post some pics so we can drool on that bad mamajama..... ;)
Tonight sir, I promise. :)

Buster
06-22-2006, 01:28 PM
Thanks Matt. When we saw you go by in Thompson Bay my buddy asked what kind of boat that was. Thats the first time I have seen your boat in person and it looks fantastic. I almost purchased Larry's RC-28 awhile back and saw the level of detail he puts into his boats. My girlfriend doesn't believe me, but in a couple years my next boat will be a E-Ticket. Awesome boat Matt.
But will it have a bad a$$ sound system, lasers and a fog machine like Matt's.. :D

Phat Matt
06-22-2006, 04:31 PM
But will it have a bad a$$ sound system, lasers and a fog machine like Matt's.. :D
You gotta keep it custom. :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC02463.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC02464.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC02465.jpg

Phat Matt
06-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Every boat has something new to it also. It's always evolving. It's a great boat. Next time I'll stop by and say hi.

Spectre140
06-22-2006, 07:15 PM
That is f##kin dope! :)

Phat Matt
06-22-2006, 07:30 PM
That is f##kin dope! :)
You should come to one of our late night channel parties sometime. Good times. :D

CornWater
06-22-2006, 08:04 PM
You should come to one of our late night channel parties sometime. Good times. :D
ummm...okay..
:D :D

Magic34
06-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Matt, that's sick. :cool: :cool:
Damn... if only I was 25 again. :boxed:

Phat Matt
06-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Matt, that's sick. :cool: :cool:
Damn... if only I was 25 again. :boxed:
I wouldn't mind being 25 again either. :)

Bling Bling
06-22-2006, 10:20 PM
I also seen ya in Thompsons. Boat looked great but the thing I noticed most was your smile from ear to ear. Congrats, you own a great boat. I ran up side by side last year with Scott from Cannel island harbor to S.B. That boat flys very level in the rough, seems the set up is about perfect. Thank god for that, we all know Scott can't throtle and trim a boat for shit. :D :D

Spectre140
06-23-2006, 07:03 AM
I also seen ya in Thompsons. Boat looked great but the thing I noticed most was your smile from ear to ear. Congrats, you own a great boat. I ran up side by side last year with Scott from Cannel island harbor to S.B. That boat flys very level in the rough, seems the set up is about perfect. Thank god for that, we all know Scott can't throtle and trim a boat for shit. :D :D
I thought I saw you. Were you in your CC?

Dave C
06-23-2006, 09:57 AM
holy shiat... thats taking it to another level!... You guys don't mess around!
good work.

Sigus
06-23-2006, 10:44 AM
And I thought I was the gadget master. THat this is very cool. Next time we are out I need to check your sled out.

sigepmock
06-23-2006, 11:20 AM
And I thought I was the gadget master. THat this is very cool. Next time we are out I need to check your sled out.
Between the E-ticket and Jen....Matt definately has the coolest toys :crossx: :crossx:
Chris

andy01
06-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Where's the water shoots of "Never Late"
Andy

Magic34
06-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Andy
They're late!!!!!!

Bling Bling
06-25-2006, 10:31 PM
I thought I saw you. Were you in your CC?
That was me, I'll say hi next time. Have fun with your ride, and if ya talk to Scott, tell him I said hi. I hear he's gettin all snooty and shit now that he's the owner of a great boat Co. :D :D

Phat Matt
06-26-2006, 07:56 AM
Between the E-ticket and Jen....Matt definately has the coolest toys :crossx: :crossx:
Chris
:D

Havasu Cig
06-26-2006, 08:23 AM
Congrats, you got a great boat. It was one of the nicest ones that Scot had in his shop.

Spectre140
06-30-2006, 06:58 AM
Andy
Thanks for all the kind words on the boat. My pics are in a black hole in my computer at home. :mad: I cant even get them to email my computer at work! This weekend I will take some pics and download them straight to my work computer.