PDA

View Full Version : Boat upholstry

Redneck
06-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Got my boat engine hatch built and upholstried about a month ago and it turned out ok but since them the problems are starting to come out. First river trip I find the hatch strap which was kind of hokie would not hold the hatch down and the material on the the hatch wasnt glued down so it balllooned up like a parachute when you drove in the center of the hatch. So today I take it back and I figure since I am down there Ill have him put an electric hatch actuater (sp) on it. I called a few days ago and he said ya bring it down it should only take 2 to 3 hours to do everything. I leave my house for my 1 1/2 drive in traffic and get down there at 8 am. At 2pm I am finally leaving without an hatch actuater (sp) since it wouldnt work and my hatch is now glued down but the lines are all wavy. The color stripes didnt match so they tried to stretch it after they were done so now they kind of match but they are slanted now. Ill tell you the hatch looks horrible its wavy on the lines and if you look across it the material goes up and down like its warped. I am not a happy camper today especially with the regatta gonig on this weekend. And to top it all off after I picked it up the first time I realized when I got home my speakers were not in the boat since they used to be in the old hatch. I had to ask for my speakers back today. I wouldnt think you would have to ask for your stuff back after you have a boat worked on. I called when I got home and voiced my opionion again and he told me he would take 100 dollar off the actuater (sp) if I wanted to drive back down another day to get it fixed. This is getting horrible only 3 hrs on the road and 6 hrs sitting in the shop down there waiting to get nothing done again I am wondering if it is worth it to drive down there again.
You should have seen these seats he just did in a lavey craft. They didnt match the boat. the boat was white with a teal and yellow (like the yellow line on the road color) stripe and the interior was white with florecent green lettering not even close to the colors of the boat the owner was not happy when he came in.

Jyruiz
06-14-2006, 02:36 PM
So any chance of sharing where you got this work done, some of us would probably like to know who not to take our boats too.

little rowe boat
06-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Where????

ThongMagnet
06-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Yup, half ass workmanship. Where has all the good Talent gone???
It's called "paying attention to detail". Very hard for most young kids to do without a good supervisor.

little rowe boat
06-14-2006, 03:01 PM
I don't know where you had it done, but we had ours done at DMI 3 or 4 yrs ago and it still looks great.

OGShocker
06-14-2006, 03:05 PM
Hey Kenny,
How is Ross doing today? :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

OGShocker
06-14-2006, 03:07 PM
I don't know where you had it done, but we had ours done at DMI 3 or 4 yrs ago and it still looks great.
Is that before LaveyCraft bought them? I think SO!!! Kurt ran one tight ship!!!

Redneck
06-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Hey Kenny,
How is Ross doing today? :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
looked busy lol