PDA

View Full Version : Jet boat hulls?

skeeter
06-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Does anybody have a list of who is building and selling blanks. I just pulled out my 77 Apollo out of the storage barn a few weeks ago and gave the wood a look over and found that it needs some wood in the transom and needs a stringer. It has a fresh 460 ford with scj heads with a fresh g berkley pump. It also needs paint so after thinking about the work and the cost, I figured it was time to start looking for another boat minus motor and pump. After looking at several hulls and even complete boats, I am finding that almost anything over 20 years old has wood problems that most of the owners didn't even realize.
I am thinking that if I could find a new blank I might be better off in the long run. I found that Ervin who ran Condor is building boats is Arkansas but really don't want a tunnel and another Wicked is building a gull wing but after almost being launched from one last summer after a 85 mph plus pass in some chop they tend to make me "pucker". After having a scary boat back in the early 80's which was a 75 16 foot cobra jet with a built 460 I want a boat that is stable. In fact that cobra was scary as hell in the chop. A friend of mine was launched twice from same boat in rough water and still hasn't forgotten it.
I wish somebody was building the old rochell open bow but havn't had any luck finding one and nobody appears to be building a "splash" of it. The tx seems to be in line for what I am looking for but after seeing prices of 9500 for a blank from a jet boat place in the midwest which seems to be a bit high.
Does anybody have a list of who is building hulls now?
skeeter

FASTRAT
06-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Hi Newbie...Welcome to HB :)...stick around, there are people on here who know all the boat builders & u might also ck the "Spam" forum
fastrat

Bense468
06-14-2006, 05:05 PM
What are you looking for in a jet boat? Thats a better place to start I think. So you don't want something too small, whats too small? whats too big? you don't want a tunnel, and you want a bare hull less then 9500. Slim chance on finding something just to be honest. Some companies won't sell bare layups unless they know you or know who is rigging it. They don't want the liability

poncho-pwr
06-14-2006, 05:22 PM
There is a guy here in the Southwest Arkansas area that has a very nice Rochelle with a stroker ford motor in it and a fresh Dominator pump that is for sale. It is white and emerald green and looks like it has been garage kept all it's life. I can get the particulars on it if you want me to.

canuck1
06-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Contact Eagle or Gator for a tunnel or Step-tech

moneysucker
06-14-2006, 05:39 PM
Budlight on the boards sells bare hulls gullwing style hulls. Do a search and you can find the whole progress and some really nice pix. Nice boats from what I hear. SDPM on the boards Neal at San Diego Performance Marine builds predator boats and has a gullwing style hull, open bow model and closed bow I believe along with a 19 picklefork mold you can get him on these boards as well. You can look into a bare hull from Tom Papp Racing as well and those are proven performers.

bp
06-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Contact Eagle or Gator for a tunnel or Step-tech
are those less than 9500?

Rampager
06-14-2006, 06:17 PM
"are those less than 9500?"
Last I heard yes a bare Eagle tunnel was "around" $8500 USD and even if it was a bit more its weeeeeeeellllll worth it. Seriously dude consider aluminum and break free from the stereotypical glass boat way of thinking. I think you will be duly impressed with the advantages of aluminum.
Cheers

skeeter
06-14-2006, 06:31 PM
What I am looking for is something around a 19 to 21 foot hull. I want a boat that I can ski behind and be reasonably confortable. It needs to sit at least 4 people. I am going to get away from headers and be running "through the transom" exhaust.
I have ridden in several tx's and found them to be what I am looking for as far as what is available today or what I have seen around. I would be open to a v hull if something was out there.
As far as rigging. I would want them to at least mount the jet intake so that is something to be considered.

n8dawg
06-14-2006, 06:41 PM
You might wanna try www.millercustomboats.com . I heard that they are making brand new bare hulls out of their old molds. They can customize to your specs. Mine is 19ft. and handles very well in chop. Very stable ride!
Check it out, I heard that for a hull and pump are running 8500 bucks but I'm sure you can work something out with them if you already have the pump.
I think it would be worth looking into.

Rampager
06-14-2006, 07:38 PM
In an aluminum boat the intake is welded in and part of the hull. Easiest boat you will ever rig if you(or someone you know) can weld aluminum, need a bracket in a certain spot? its a few welds away. Like Squirt says check out Gatorboats online and see how nice an alum boat can be with a full interior etc.
Of course the main advantage is exactly what got you to where you are now, you will never, ever, ever again spend one second wondering what the condition of the structure of your boat is like. There is no wood to rot, no glass to delaminate , no core to absorb water etc etc Peace of mind to the extreme, leave it uncovered in winter, wouldn't matter one bit, water in bilge, who cares. trust me its a nice thing to get used to
Cheers

bottom feeder
06-14-2006, 07:46 PM
I pretty much see it like Canuck and Rampager :)

jerryseliminator
06-14-2006, 08:30 PM
cant find any info on budlight or egal or gator please help

bottom feeder
06-14-2006, 08:32 PM
http://www.outlaweagle.com

Wicked Performance Boats
06-14-2006, 08:52 PM
Skeeter, Hi and Welcome, I'm Julie and my husband Pat, well we sell bare hulls and we set the intake yours or mine. Ours are "18 WICKED I GULLWINGS" Great on river and Lake. We can make any weight you want and any colors. Call Me Julie 702-884-7676 or Pat 702-204-5035 and we will give you a Great Deal. Looking forwards to hearing from you. Julie and Pat WICKED PERFORMANCE BOATS. BOATS BUILT TO YOUR SPECS. :220v:

Wicked Performance Boats
06-14-2006, 08:53 PM
And Budlight is WICKED Perf. Boats! Just to let you know.

canuck1
06-14-2006, 09:27 PM
In an aluminum boat the intake is welded in and part of the hull. Easiest boat you will ever rig if you(or someone you know) can weld aluminum, need a bracket in a certain spot? its a few welds away. Like Squirt says check out Gatorboats online and see how nice an alum boat can be with a full interior etc.
Of course the main advantage is exactly what got you to where you are now, you will never, ever, ever again spend one second wondering what the condition of the structure of your boat is like. There is no wood to rot, no glass to delaminate , no core to absorb water etc etc Peace of mind to the extreme, leave it uncovered in winter, wouldn't matter one bit, water in bilge, who cares. trust me its a nice thing to get used to
Cheers
Who the hell are you callin squirt??? :mad:

canuck1
06-14-2006, 09:30 PM
What I am looking for is something around a 19 to 21 foot hull. I want a boat that I can ski behind and be reasonably confortable. It needs to sit at least 4 people. I am going to get away from headers and be running "through the transom" exhaust.
I have ridden in several tx's and found them to be what I am looking for as far as what is available today or what I have seen around. I would be open to a v hull if something was out there.
As far as rigging. I would want them to at least mount the jet intake so that is something to be considered.
19' step-tech is what you want, 65ish with a zz4 and full interior, seats 5 comfortable

Rampager
06-14-2006, 09:54 PM
HAha sorry canuck, thought that was AL Squirts post haha
So few tin boaters on this forum and I can't even keep em straight lol
Gator is linked off outlaweagle's main site but here it is..
http://www.gatorjetboats.com/
Cheers

dmcamacho
06-15-2006, 07:30 AM
OutlawEagle no longer sells bare hulls. I tried to order one from them in Dec 2005. So I contacted http://www.rlsmarine.com and they can sell OutlawEagle Bare hulls.
I bought a Sabre E6 - Open Bow with windshield, fuel tank and shipping for $13,000

Wicked Performance Boats
06-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Don't forget WICKED PERFORMANCE BOATS !!!!! We have a White with blue flames ready for riggin OR we can make you one to your spec. call 702-204-5035 OR 702-884-7676 Lets get some MORE of these WICKED boats on the water. Guarentee!!!! you'll Love your WICKED boat as much as I Love mine. :220v: Julie and Pat :cool: :p :rollside: :)

NautiTwins
06-15-2006, 09:21 AM
If I were to get another jet boat it would something like the Wicked I. With the same power in that boat vs. a v it would be much quicker. They also handle the chop much better then a v would. I dig the looks of them. Just my .02
If it were a v-drive I was looking at it would be COLE CASH.

Wicked Performance Boats
06-15-2006, 09:49 AM
THANKS NautiTwins We will be at BIG RIVER this weekend. Come by if ya can. Julie and Pat :220v:

NautiTwins
06-15-2006, 09:56 AM
THANKS NautiTwins We will be at BIG RIVER this weekend. Come by if ya can. Julie and Pat :220v:
Thanks. We wont be at the river till the third week in July.

Wicked Performance Boats
06-15-2006, 10:02 AM
Let us know where and maybe we will hook then. We'll take you for a run in the Wicked "Bitchslapped" She is a Bad mamma jamma. :220v: Hope to meet ya soon. Julie and Pat :cool: :p

NautiTwins
06-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Let us know where and maybe we will hook then. We'll take you for a run in the Wicked "Bitchslapped" She is a Bad mamma jamma. :220v: Hope to meet ya soon. Julie and Pat :cool: :p
Thank you for the offer.
We will be in Parker on July 21st and Big River the 22nd. (Boys trip)
Macintyer July 28th and 29th (Family Trip)
Then pretty much Mavintrye every other weekend in Aug and September. With a trip to Martinez and Powell mixed in there somewhere.

Wicked Performance Boats
06-15-2006, 10:17 AM
cool!!!! The 21st of July is my(julie)45th B-day so I definitely want to be on the river. We might stay in Parker so maybe then we could catch up. and we don't know what follows after that. 1st - 4th of July we will be at GRASS BEACH on Needles. See ya then. :220v: Julie and Pat :cool: :p

Rampager
06-15-2006, 10:50 AM
I'd contact Outlaw Eagle and ask . They recently just opened a retail location near the factory, I know before you could not buy ANYthing directly frrom them, now you definatly can.
Worth a phone call, perhaps ask for Dale and get it right from the top, Tell em James sent ya ;)
Cheers