PDA

View Full Version : 28' Deck Boats

STGP
03-20-2003, 03:07 PM
Hi everybody, first time on this board. I am currently shopping for a 28' deck boat. I have concidered the Magic and Conquest. Any comments on these two companies. I like some things about both boats but would appreciate any input from experience. This will be my first boat in 15 years so any and all comments will be appreciated.

rivercrazy
03-20-2003, 03:10 PM
Conquest all the way. Its the best looking one and the best handling on the market. Call Keith Sayre. He will take great care of ya
Seems like a lot of guys have had customer service issues with Sleek/Magic

STGP
03-20-2003, 03:21 PM
From the limited research that I've been able to do and inspecting these boats at the LA boat show, I think that the Conquest may have a slight advantage in construction, resale, and experence in deck boats, but I personaly think that the Magic looks better. Again I am new to this and direction on how to find past comments on customer service and other comments positive or negative on either of these companies would be very helpful.

1ASKYDV
03-20-2003, 03:31 PM
I am taking delivery of a Magic deck on monday.
So no hands on experience yet, but the process up until now has been very nice.
The sales staff has been very helpful with all aspects of the purchase, and I would recommend them to any who asked.
If you want to see some pics of the boat during the building process go to riverracerx.com and look under readers rides.
Good luck
Larry

Charley
03-20-2003, 03:38 PM
Purely on "looks only" opinion and with no first hand knowledge of service
MAGIC
Gorgeous lines!

Sandbar Junkies
03-20-2003, 03:42 PM
I don't think you can wrong with either boat,there both so nice.

rivernutts
03-20-2003, 06:54 PM
MMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCC!!!!! :D

roln 20s
03-20-2003, 08:00 PM
Tough call- as stated before, I don't think you can go wrong with either. I love the lines of the Magic deck boat, but I think I would go with the Conquest. Its been around for a while, love the look, bad ass performance, plus- I prefer that seating instead of the two buckets offered in the Magic. But again, tough choice and make sure to drive them boat.
Roln 20s

THOR
03-21-2003, 07:35 AM
You might want to consider the seating element involved in each. They are different and may sway your decision.

Sandbar Mike
03-21-2003, 08:26 AM
I have to admit the Magic Deckboat just looooks wick'id, Awsome looking ride.

Riverdick
03-21-2003, 11:34 AM
I had a Conquest deck several years ago and thought it was great. I just recently bought a new 28 Magic cat and can tell first hand that the Conquest doesn't come close in comparison to the
New Magic deck boat. The Magic handles better, looks better, has more usable space, more comforable seating for the driver and the passanger and is not a six year old design, which in my opinion will do wounders for the resale value in the future.
I hope you go with the Magic. I bought mine from the guys in Phoenix and was treted great. They did everything they said the would--first time.

Craig
03-21-2003, 12:28 PM
Hey riverdick, what do you have for power and what speed do you see? I know doghouse's runs good.

moo
03-21-2003, 03:33 PM
Checking out the topics and noticed the inquiry about the 28 Magic Deck Boat. I do not have one but have a couple of Lake buddy's in Phoenix that do and they are extremly happy. I think all you need to do is read ***boat or Powerboat to make up your mind, all great reviews and test results. Award winning boat....way hotter looking than Conquest and fast!!!

moo
03-21-2003, 04:49 PM
Craig
I had H.P.500's in both 76 with the Conquest & 79
with the Magic. Whatdoes Dog house run. I am new to Hot Boat Forum so I don't know many on here yet

Riverdick
03-21-2003, 04:57 PM
Craig
Sorry I send your reply from moo's and didn't log in

STGP
03-21-2003, 05:33 PM
Thanks for all the imput, on the subject of seating I ask Magic about changing the passanger bucket too a wrap around like the Conquest and they agreed. I have heard that Magic has had problems with the helm on their boat ratteling do to the fact that it is bolted on, the Conquest in contrast is molded into the top section of the boat. Has any body had this problem with the Magic?

bigq
03-21-2003, 06:34 PM
STGP:
Thanks for all the imput, on the subject of seating I ask Magic about changing the passanger bucket too a wrap around like the Conquest and they agreed. I have heard that Magic has had problems with the helm on their boat ratteling do to the fact that it is bolted on, the Conquest in contrast is molded into the top section of the boat. Has any body had this problem with the Magic? It's not even bolted on, it just has screws holding them in. Look at the construction of the bottom on the inside where the wood is going from sponson to sponson before that put in the top mold on. The magic looks the best of the two, but that is only my opinion. Costuction should mean a lot also.

bear down
03-21-2003, 08:46 PM
Why not try the Eliminator 27' fundeck. Talk to Dan Alberts, service is excellent with Dan and Eliminator.

Riverdick
03-22-2003, 09:38 AM
Bear Down
I looked at the Eliminatorfundeck too and couldn't see much difference between that and the Conquest other than the sink area is turned 45%. But I think that I just liked the Magic because it looks newer and more up to date.

havasulew
03-23-2003, 08:47 AM
Hi Steve,
If you're still undecided give me a call so we can set up a meeting. I'd love to show you one of our deckboats. I truly think we sell the best performing and best looking in the business. I promise there will be no sales pressure. Just one boating enthusiast to another.

Keith E. Sayre
03-27-2003, 11:37 AM
Since Lew responded I figure I better jump in here
too. As some of you know, I sell the Conquest
deckboats here at the factory. I have also sold
more Magic deckboats than anyone else. So I guess
I'm in a position to see and know the goods and
bads of both boats. Here are my thoughts:
The Magic boat has more headroom in the portapotti room. So if you intend to use it for
a bathroom, that's a positive. The forward facing
bucket seat for mom is a big plus for the Magic
in the winter time. It keeps mom warmer and that's always a plus. I would guess that half of
the folks like the look of the Magic better and
the other half like the Conquest look better.
For those thinking that one boat or the other is
faster or better handling--not exactly correct. Magic got their bottom from Conquest and they're
exactly the same. Positive things to say about
the Conquest. Better resale due to the fact that Conquest was the only game in town for 10 years. The Conquest has a full width 3/4inch subfloor
under the deck which is laminated in on top of the sponsons. Due to this subfloor the Conquest feels and is a bit heavier and stiffer and better in the rough stuff. This may also make the Magic a bit faster? since it is lighter? Fit and finish go to Conquest without question. Our
upholstery is done by Arko in Provo Utah. They are the same folks that do all of the Hallett boats too. We have much better gelcoat work
and less repairs than Magic. Magic does have cool fiberglass backs on the bucket seats gelcoated to match the exterior of their boat.
Conquest has a molded in helm so there are no rattles, broken screws or vibrations. Magic has all of these. Magic has cool hinges on their engine hatch. Conquest clear coats the sides and floor in the engine compartment to make oil cleanup easier. Conquest uses all stainless steel hatch clasps for ski lockers and ice chests and Magic uses plastic. Magic installs one single bilge pump located under the engine in the center sponson while the Conquest puts one in each sponson. Three pumps is better than one. I found out the hard way last year when my 6 year old almost sank the Magic demo boat with the washdown system. The only way to drain out the sponson was to put it on the trailer.
Most folks will buy the one that looks the best, most would like them both. When it comes to service after the sale and warranty repairs. Conquest has a 100% satisfaction rating last year and this year so far. I won't guess what Magics is. Come drive them both. One right after the other. That'll help. I hope that some of this
helps you.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City, AZ
928-680-1400
PS--the 27' Eliminator Fundeck is the old Conquest mold that they bought from us. the new mold (after 1997) has a little different center sponson, a different ice box storage cabinet and a different floor in the front end and lacks the last step on the transom which stops water from back flushing the cockpit if you stop quickly. the Eliminator is also a well built--very likable boat.

havasulew
04-01-2003, 02:01 PM
WOW Keith, I guess you have never been short on words. I'm just going to be brief. There are several differences between the boat that we build and the one you build. I do think that both of us build very nice boats but the ultimate purchase decision is based on which boat the buyer prefers. Using the NADA book as a guide line there are over 1300 different HIN numbers. There truly is an ass for every seat.

OutCole'd
04-01-2003, 07:48 PM
Bottom line, both great boats. each having their strengths and weaknesses. The last thing this board needs is for two salesmens fighting in some parking lot. J/K
Glad to see the info you both share. I hope to drive both boats when I am ready.

boatnam2
04-01-2003, 08:22 PM
outcoled that is exactly what we need,get down to teh nitty gritty so to speak.lets hear what you got and tell me what i got.

playdeep
04-01-2003, 08:38 PM
The only thing missing here...
Is WildBillG jumping in trying to sell one of those Tritoon pontoon thingies that they sell over at Boat Brokers :D

OutCole'd
04-01-2003, 08:39 PM
I agree, these boards can actually be informative, by people that really know what they are talking about, and not someone hiding behind some screen name just talking smack and the negatives.
Congrats to both Keith & Lew.
Thanks to you both.

Skullinator
04-01-2003, 08:54 PM
keith and Lew Rumor is both bottoms based on a Talon. If thats the case i like them both.

Reaper1
04-02-2003, 03:49 PM
Who's Keith Sawyer? :D Just playin' RD. I like when people from the industry chime in and give knowledgable input. Keith sounds like a good guy who knows what he's talking about. Hell, just by reading his last post I was sold on the Conquest. Both great boats! Investigate and see which one suits you better.

mbrown2
04-02-2003, 04:06 PM
It's part personal preference, part being educated...looks alone, I like the Magic Better...But if above build differences are even partly true, I would be getting the Conquest. Screws come loose in Boats, I spend enough time re-tightening after weekends in the Eliminator.

FIREMAN
04-02-2003, 05:44 PM
http://www.lasvegas***boats.com/iB_html/uploads/post-2-33844-boat.jpg
check out this Commander 28 foot deckboat. :)

sofa king smooth
04-02-2003, 08:10 PM
I own a conquest and can say it handles great.I have had it to 118 on gps thus far with a 30 pitch non lab and its rock steady, never making any funny moves.I do believe this is one thing no magic owner can say!!

Riverdick
04-04-2003, 09:39 AM
Sofa King smooth

Riverdick
04-04-2003, 09:39 AM
Sofa King smooth

Riverdick
04-04-2003, 09:40 AM
Sofa King smooth

Riverdick
04-04-2003, 09:44 AM
Sofa King Smooth---did you happen to see the April 2003 issue of Powerboat Mag. It shows the Magic Deckboat running 108 mph. on radar and gps.
Anything official on your deckboat. I still like my Magic.

Reaper1
04-04-2003, 12:39 PM
So, 118 ong GPS isn't official? :p

Jrocket
04-04-2003, 01:38 PM
havasulew:
There truly is an ass for every seat. For some reason this isnt exactly the phrase I would want to hear coming from a salesman mouth... eek!

Jrocket
04-04-2003, 01:41 PM
RiverDave:
STGP, If you want my worthless 2 cents. Magic makes a very nice boat (good looking too). Conquest makes a BAD ASS BOAT (better looking as well).
If they were both the same price I'd buy the conquest all day long for two reasons.
1. Better resale, Better Boat (IMO)
2. Keith Sawyer
Keith's been around the river for along time, and most of us that have been as well tend to respect his opinion on things becuase he doesn't blow smoke up your ass, he tells it like it is. He's always been more then cool to me, and gone out of his way to help me on things even though I've never actually (personally) bought anything from him.
As it sits right now though, Magic is wheelin and dealin on those deckboats, and you can pick one up considerably cheaper then a conquest.
I think you'll take the hit on resale later though.
RD Thanks for doing all the typing for me Dave...I agree with what you say... :)

DogHouse
04-04-2003, 02:53 PM
The dash in my Magic does not rattle and the screws have not come loose. The hinges on the ski and storage locker doors are s/s, not plastic. The upholstery is top notch. The gel is clean and well done. The floor is very solid, in fact it's better than wood because it is a composite that will never rot. It would be nice if there were bilge pumps in the outer sponsons. It would also be nice if the wiring had been run a little cleaner. Since the bottom is the same as the Conquest but the boat is lighter, I suspect that throwing 1200+hp and a big prop at a Magic would result in at least 118 on gps. Of course, no one has tried it yet so Sofa King's statement holds true. If you're shopping for a boat and wonder about the construction, go to the factory and look at some that are in progress. That should answer any questions better than all the "my boat is better than your boat" heresay that goes on around here. Customer service has been a question with Magic, some had good, some bad. I understand that steps are being taken to solve whatever problems may still exist, but I have not heard back recently on the results. Have fun shopping, they're both sweet boats.
-brian

OC-PARTYCAT
04-04-2003, 03:07 PM
what about the Advantage?? their claiming worlds fastest deck boat. I think it did 107 or 109 with 1100hp(verified). I wonder if the door to the helm flew off? stupid ass design..the door opens backwards. I was looking at the ***boat issue with the magic on the cover and noticed the porta potti door was flying open. Good thing it opens in the right direction. :)

DogHouse
04-04-2003, 03:51 PM
Yeah deckboats are breezy at speed, better have all the doors latched securely! Sounds like Advantage hasn't run into Sofa King's Conquest yet if they claim to be fastest. I was also surprised at the Powerboat artical on the Magic. They said that it was running 850 hp. I thought it was more, based on a discussion I had with one of the guys from Magic one day at the launch ramp. Perhaps I misunderstood.

OC-PARTYCAT
04-04-2003, 04:49 PM
850hp doin 107 doesnt sound right.
I would love to go for a ride on sofa kings quad rotor conquest at speed. That would be sweet. :D :D

OC-PARTYCAT
04-04-2003, 04:51 PM
When is DCB coming out with their deck boat? anyone know?

WhiteShadow
04-04-2003, 09:22 PM
I ACTUALLY TALKED TO CARLOS @ THE BOAT SHOW AND HE INFORMED ME THAT THEY WOULD NOT BE PRODUCING A DECK BOAT AT ALL DUE TO BEING OVERWHELMED WITH EXISTING BUS. I HAD BEEN TRYING FOR 2 SEASONS TO HAVE DAVE RIG ME A CONQUEST BUT HAD NO LUCK, SO I ENDED UP BUYING ONE FROM CONQUEST DIRECT AT THE END OF LAST SUMMER AND I AM EXTREMELY PLEASED WITH PERFORMANCE AND QUALITY THROUGOUT! I AGREE 107 WITH 850 HP DOESNT SOUND RIGHT WITH EITHER BOAT!

Keith E. Sayre
04-06-2003, 08:51 PM
I'm led to understand that the 108 mph run on the Magic deckboat was done with some "Test" prop
that Teague pulled out of a black bag and then
promptly put back in. I heard that the new 5 blade that Merc has added 8 or 9 mph to that boat on that date. As for the 850hp, if I remember right, it's one of the engines from the second
44' cat and it was a 572 with a 12-71 on top.
850 hp would seem a bit conservative. My .02.
For those of you wanting to know, the fastest
deckboat that I've ever seen was owned by Mike
Brown and Gary Kincaid put about 1200 hp in a
Conquest and got about 118 mph? But look out
everyone, Steve Hensley just put a 1280 hp
Richard Lee quad rotor deal into a Conquest
and it all fit under the hatch and he put
mufflers on it! You'll never see or hear him
coming but he will be coming!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City, AZ
928-680-1400

Jr. Salas
04-06-2003, 11:41 PM
I got my boat back from Magic and it will finally do. Its been a long journey and a lot of BS that i put up with. I like my Magic, but i will never buy another boat from them again. I can never recomend a company that treated me the way they did to anyone else. If it happened to me it could happen to you. My salesman was great (Keith). He tried everything he could to help me. I was treated like SH#@ by the owner. When you are spending this kind of money they should treat you like a king. But again it is the customer prefrence. Do you want a nice boat or do you want customer service. I would like both. I can never have my boat serviced by Magic again. I do not wish my experience on my worst ememy.
JR

Keith E. Sayre
04-07-2003, 04:45 PM
Jr: Call me at work tommorrow. 928-680-1400.
What happened now? I thought they finally agreed to do the warranty work and fix the gelcoat?
I'm incredibly sorry for what they did.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City, AZ
928-680-1400

sofa king smooth
04-09-2003, 06:45 AM
The power boat issue shows the magics speed of 100.7 on radar with 850hp.As far as the advantage is concerned I belive they are the fastest deck boat ever tested, however not all deckboats are tested by magazines.
As far as construction goes I don't know much about magic but i am very happy with my conquest.I also had a chance to take a quick tour of the plug room at advantage, and can say the work was top notch.I would not hesitate to purchases one of their boats.
As far as rigging goes I took my to GT performance and they did the whole boat so it is top notch.For full custom riggingI believe besides dcb no factory goes all out so you have to spend a little.
I did alittle testing a month or so ago and broke the drive,I do have pictures and some video I will try and post tonight.I far as proof i do belioeve i have a picture with three of us in the boat and the gps reads 116.

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
04-09-2003, 08:04 AM
I was on sofa's boat for the testingsession and can second the speed claims. Full tanks getting lighter by the second, two 220+ sandbags as moving ballast(and that is kind),RPM's to spare on glass smooth sticky water. Rock solid

WhiteShadow
04-09-2003, 09:42 PM
I TOO OWN A CONQUEST WITH APPROX. 730HP AND AM VERY INTERESTED IN SEEING THE VIDEO AND/OR PHOTOS. CONGATS ON THE BIG NUMBERS! WHAT DRIVE ARE YOU RUNNING? ONLY 1 BROKEN, NOT THAT BAD! BY THE WAY, WHAT DOES THAT BOAT LOOK LIKE SO I KNOW WHAT TO STAY AWAY FROM. I ALSO AM EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH MY BOAT ALTHOUGH ITS STILL PRETTY NEW(25HRS)

OutCole'd
04-14-2003, 08:12 PM
Anything new on this thread? I would like to hear more on the Magic.

bigq
04-14-2003, 08:24 PM
OutCole'd:
Anything new on this thread? I would like to hear more on the Magic. What do you want to hear. One of my friends bought one about 6 months ago. Went out in it January, froze my ass off. :D he has the HP500EFI and XR bravo drive with full hydraulic steering. Big and roomy runs about 73MPH. The Magic is nice for the fact the passenger seat is facing forward. Read keith's post for the build differences.

1ASKYDV
04-15-2003, 06:15 AM
Owned the magic a couple of weeks now, and its great. As far as customer service goes, I don't know why a couple of guys had so much trouble because they have treated great all they way around. A couple of minor blemishes fixed right away with no questions asked. Everybody was real easy to deal with and no attitudes!!!!
The boat runs great too! Low 80's w/ HP525. Should get a bit better as it breaks in. Oh, and it feels real smooth and solid at speed!

Pure Magic
04-15-2003, 08:32 AM
I guess it is time to chime in here. I have had my (PURE MAGIC CAT) for over a year now, still no problems. The Motor is a PURE MAGIC(540) built by Steve Faller and, still no problems, (I did have to change the oil a few times:( (I guess I didn`t need that Mercury warrantee after all). The boat runs and handles like a dream and does 90+ on any day.
Best boat I have ever owned. And the service has been grrrraaaaate!!!!!!!

DogHouse
04-15-2003, 08:42 AM
Pure Magic:
...90+ on any day.
Sandbagger! :p :D

Pure Magic
04-15-2003, 10:12 AM
DogHouse:
Pure Magic:
...90+ on any day.
Sandbagger! :p :D How does the new motor run?
90+????

DogHouse
04-15-2003, 10:51 AM
Pure Magic:
How does the new motor run?
90+???? Yeah, something like that! wink
Actually I don't know yet. I put it all together to find out that the intake doesn't fit any more, so I didn't get to run it yet. Maybe this weekend...

Pure Magic
04-15-2003, 11:09 AM
the intake doesn't fit any more, [/QB][/QUOTE]
Maybe you will get one in your (EASTER BASKET)
Good luck, keep us posted!!

DogHouse
04-15-2003, 02:51 PM
I hear that the Easter Bunny has connections at Summit Racing... :D
I'm still shooting for Havasu April 25-27 and Mojave May 2-4. Hopefully we'll see some of you guys out there. OutCole'd if you see us and want to get a close look at a Magic, feel free to stop by and say hello. We could probably arrange a test ride if you like.
-brian

OutCole'd
04-15-2003, 08:15 PM
Doghouse, thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that. It is good to some positve reponses on Magic. I know they have not made everyone happy, (nobody does) but it seems as they are trying to improve on how they are doing business. Both Conquest & Keith have great reputations, I just like the layout on the Magic more. It is like the guy who likes the Vette over a Mercedes. The mercedes may be a better car, but he just likes the style of the vette. Does that make sense to anyone else?

bigq
04-15-2003, 08:22 PM
OutCole'd:
Doghouse, thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that. It is good to some positve reponses on Magic. I know they have not made everyone happy, (nobody does) but it seems as they are trying to improve on how they are doing business. Both Conquest & Keith have great reputations, I just like the layout on the Magic more. It is like the guy who likes the Vette over a Mercedes. The mercedes may be a better car, but he just likes the style of the vette. Does that make sense to anyone else? Makes sense to me only if you change the vette to a Mustang Cobra R. :D

Keith E. Sayre
04-15-2003, 08:43 PM
Because they're both humble people, Pure Magic and Doghouse won't mention that they both have
very awesome boats! I'll brag for them. Pure
Magic's boat is all white with a blown 540 that
easily runs 100 + and if he denies it, I'll get
out the digitals showing 100 mph with 2 of us in
it with 100 gallons of gas on flat smooth water! I've got proof! That's Tom's boat and then there's Brians boat with maybe the most unique and cool front end (it's an open bow) and it's getting ready to have serious horsepower in it
too! Both boats are killer. Oh and for those of you who know Tom and his lovely wife Linda and their all white Magic, guess what color their old Nordic was? You only get one guess! If you said all white, you probably peeked.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

Jrocket
04-15-2003, 08:51 PM
So Doghouse is holding out on us ehhhhh? :D

Pure Magic
04-16-2003, 06:31 AM
Thanks Keith, I bought it from a really great salesperson.
Say hi to Nancy for us. Hope to see you soon.
Tom
Keith E. Sayre:
Because they're both humble people, Pure Magic and Doghouse won't mention that they both have
very awesome boats! I'll brag for them. Pure
Magic's boat is all white with a blown 540 that
easily runs 100 + and if he denies it, I'll get
out the digitals showing 100 mph with 2 of us in
it with 100 gallons of gas on flat smooth water! I've got proof! That's Tom's boat and then there's Brians boat with maybe the most unique and cool front end (it's an open bow) and it's getting ready to have serious horsepower in it
too! Both boats are killer. Oh and for those of you who know Tom and his lovely wife Linda and their all white Magic, guess what color their old Nordic was? You only get one guess! If you said all white, you probably peeked.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

DogHouse
04-16-2003, 07:50 AM
Jrocket:
So Doghouse is holding out on us ehhhhh? :D Nah, I even posted pics of the new short block over in gear heads. It's really not much different than the old stuff, 10 more ci, 1 pt more compression, slightly more cam, better thermal management. Still just a little single carb naturally aspirated RAT!
Thanks Keith for the group hug! :D

STGP
04-22-2003, 11:27 AM
STGP here, checking back in after all this time.
Update: I bought the Magic, actually I bought the boat that was at the LA boat show. It's in Havasu now getting the motor installed. I will be taking delivery a week from Friday. After all the going back and forth it came down to the fact that I just liked the way the Magic looked better. So far everything with Jack Lyle and Magic has gone very smooth. I will post an update after I take delivery. Can't wait to get it on the lake! Thanks for all the imput.

1ASKYDV
04-22-2003, 01:42 PM
Congrats on the new boat. You made a good choice!
:D :D wink
[ April 22, 2003, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: 1ASKYDV ]

1ASKYDV
04-22-2003, 01:44 PM
What motor did you go with?

STGP
04-22-2003, 02:56 PM
Went with the 496 Mag HO, hope it enough. This will be a family boat I'm not really interested in top speed 60-65 is ok, but I don't want a sluggish boat out of the hole. We'll see.

Keith E. Sayre
04-22-2003, 05:02 PM
Put the 22 inch 4 blade Bravo 1 prop on it. You'll get an honest 65 mph top end and it'll
plane fast and flat and you'll be able to slow
down to about 18 to 19 mph for wakeboarding the
kids without falling off plane. Or you could
put the 24 inch prop on it and you'll go 3 mph
faster (maybe?) and you won't be nearly as quick
to plane and pulling out skiers will be a chore
and it won't accelerate as hard and when it's
115 degrees outside with 10 people on the boat
it'll be a chore to get it to 60 mph.
Unfortunately we're "guys" and we'll always put
the biggest prop on it that we can find! Go with
the 22 and it'll be a much funner boat to drive!
Good luck!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City, AZ
928-680-1400

OutCole'd
04-22-2003, 05:33 PM
STGP, What were the colors? I did not go to the show to see it. Congrats on the new boat. Any pics?

STGP
04-23-2003, 03:46 PM
Keith thanks for the tip on the prop, I will go with it.
The boat is white with a red-fade to-yellow tribal theme-I have pics on my computer but haven't figured out how to post them yet-went to faqs-it said no attachments, so I will try to figure out how to upload. I'll post them when I can.

Outofgas
04-25-2003, 04:31 PM
HEY STGP,
I HAVE THE 28' MAGIC DECK WITH THE HP500 AND I CAN'T SEEM TO KEEP FUEL IN THE TANKS!
I THINK THEY PUT TOO SMALL OF TANKS IN HER.

Rodger Delk
04-29-2003, 09:06 AM
Jr. Salas:
I got my boat back from Magic and it will finally do. Its been a long journey and a lot of BS that i put up with. I like my Magic, but i will never buy another boat from them again. I can never recomend a company that treated me the way they did to anyone else. If it happened to me it could happen to you. My salesman was great (Keith). He tried everything he could to help me. I was treated like SH#@ by the owner. When you are spending this kind of money they should treat you like a king. But again it is the customer prefrence. Do you want a nice boat or do you want customer service. I would like both. I can never have my boat serviced by Magic again. I do not wish my experience on my worst ememy.
JR

Rodger Delk
04-29-2003, 09:07 AM
Jr. Salas:
JR

Rodger Delk
04-29-2003, 09:09 AM
Jr. Salas:
JR

Rodger Delk
04-29-2003, 09:10 AM
Rodger Delk:
Jr. Salas:
JR

STGP
05-16-2003, 02:25 PM
OK-Ran the Magic at Havasu 2 weeks ago, ran faster than I expected 68 (according to the speedo) with two in the boat and full tanks, no gear, two foot chop. I tried to post pics a couple of days ago but something went wrong, I will keep trying.

STGP
05-16-2003, 02:30 PM
Here is another try
[img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/598P1010081-med.JPG[img/]

Reaper1
05-16-2003, 02:38 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/598P1010081-med.JPG

STGP
05-16-2003, 02:49 PM
Thanks Reaper1,
What did I do wrong in my posting?-all I got was the address

OutCole'd
05-16-2003, 02:52 PM
STGP, Great looking ride !! That is the one I saw on their site.By far, my favorite so far. Keep us posted on how it runs.

STGP
05-16-2003, 03:31 PM
Goin to Havasu on the 29th to run for a couple of days, I'll report when I get back, so far every thing is good.
P.S.
Just figured out how to change avatars

Reaper1
05-16-2003, 03:50 PM
No Prob. Nice looking deck by the way! I didn't look to much at your post. I just went to the image center, copied the properties and pasted it.
:)

STGP
06-05-2003, 10:26 AM
OK Time to report, ran the Magic hard for two days and everything was perfect. The boat feels solid and I am pleased with it. Jack Lyle at Magic has been very good and the service has been right on so far. At this point I give Magic and the deck boat an "A"

STGP
06-05-2003, 10:51 AM
One more thing for "Outofgas" I checked gas usage and it seems to be about 10 gal. per hour running fairly hard. I hope tis helps-good luck.

OutCole'd
06-05-2003, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the update, I am glad to hear you are happy with your Magic.
Congrats.

FASTERDAMITT
06-05-2003, 02:05 PM
Question, I know the Conquest has the same bottom as mine. What about the Magic? Keith?

Reaper1
06-05-2003, 02:08 PM
FASTERDAMITT:
Question, I know the Conquest has the same bottom as mine. What about the Magic? Keith? To my knowledge they are both the same just finessed a little different. That bottoms a ***** in the industry. :D

green with envy
06-05-2003, 04:06 PM
I too can verify sofa king smooth does the speeds he says even with a gulled up hand...

havasulew
06-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Faster-----Talon, AO, Conquest, Magic/Sleekcraft, Eliminator, ETC.
in that order.

FASTERDAMITT
06-05-2003, 04:36 PM
Which Eliminator would that be?

havasulew
06-05-2003, 09:18 PM
Eliminator deckboat.

Keith E. Sayre
06-06-2003, 02:16 PM
Here's the pecking order as I understand it. If
any of this is incorrect--sorry.
Talon designed the bottom. Then it appears that
American Offshore copied it, then Conquest then
Firehawk and ultimately Howard 26. The Eliminator
Fundeck mold was bought from Conquest. It was the
pre-1997 Conquest mold. Eliminator then made some minor changes to the deck. About 4 years ago, Magic bought a mold from Conquest to be used
as a bottom for their 28' Cat and a verbal agreement was made that it would not be used as a
deckboat bottom to compete with Conquest.oooooops.
While we all design and buy boats for different
reasons, this boat bottom is probably the easiest
to drive, it planes flat and quickly, it turns
hard without hooking it and it leans the right
direction when turning. It almost never porpoises
and it stays on plane down to about 18 mph so you
can pull skiers, tubers and wakeboarders. The
center sponson is actually deeper in the water
than the outside 2 sponsons. This center sponson
slows the boat down but is the main reason that
the bottom doesn't have any bad habits like other
tunnel bottoms do.
If anyone has changed this bottom at all, it is
news to me. Why would you risk screwing up something that works so well?
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City
928-680-1400

FASTERDAMITT
06-06-2003, 10:13 PM
Amen! I never been in a boat that drove as good. I should sell my business and build American Offshore II. (Talon II).
Keith, It was good to see you in the Channel Memorial saturday. Been a long time. I hope you remember. :cool: Have you seen Matt Laza, and Duane? :confused:
Tom