PDA

View Full Version : Water level @ the Butte

full throttle
06-14-2006, 10:56 PM
Anyone know what the water level is like @ Elephant Butte?

bigblockbill
06-15-2006, 05:51 AM
http://www.usbr.gov/uc/elpaso/water/RioGrandeProject/CurrentData/WFlow/daily.html
Here is a link that shows the daily water level. When it gets much below the 4300 mark you can not use the northern part of the lake past long point. 2 years ago it was down to 4295 or so and I think this year it may get lower than that.

bigblockbill
06-15-2006, 05:55 AM
The SWDBA will still all be down there racing June 24 & 25.
I have not heard anything about the other deal that was happening.

Sundance
06-19-2006, 06:42 PM
BB, Are you going down this weekend? My foot is finally out of the cast, so I'm ready to roll. Is the Classic program still going Friday and Saturday?

bigblockbill
06-21-2006, 09:54 AM
Glad to hear your foot is out of the cast. I will be there this weekend with both my white and yellow 21 ft daytona and my 24 ft red and white eliminator deck boat. I think we will be at the dirt dam, but if not it will be hot springs cove. Be sure and swing buy and say hi. If you ask most any of the drag racers they should be able to point you in my direction. I have not heard anything about the classic program lately.
I look forward to meeting you.
Bill Bonahoom

Sundance
06-21-2006, 06:38 PM
Bill, Am heading down tomorrow night, Thursday. May or may launch when I get there. My wife is not coming down until Friday. May have a friend with me. I tow Sundance behind my motorhome and camp up on the hill. will look for you.
Richard Burrows

full throttle
06-24-2006, 06:37 AM
Will you give us an update when you return? Also, if staying @ the Dam Site, how is it to launch a big boat on their little ramp? Where are the "hot" spots on that lake?

bigblockbill
06-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Back from the Butte, There is still water :rollside: I have never talked with anyone who has ever actually used the dam site boat ramp, but looking at it I would think it would be ok to launch from. I know when the water hits a certain point I think they recommend 4x4, you could probably call down there and ask about it. The main marina, http://www.marinadelsur.info/ will definatly be ok if not. I have a 24ft cat and launch it from the beach so I rairly use the ramps. The sand down there can be soft and takes a decent 4x4 truck and good tires some times even aired down to get through.
The main "hot" spot at the lake any more is the bar at the dam site. They have a patio with live bands durning the day. There are also some coves on the east side of the lake that people tie up and hang out at. Just cruze the east side of the lake and you will be able to find them... most of the popular ones are up at the norther end, but with the water level where it is now, I do not know if you can get to them.