PDA

View Full Version : seat mounting?

jetboat
06-15-2006, 04:38 AM
any one mounted seats on the metal pedistals? were they screwed oand or glassed in and screwed?nedd some help!

FASTRAT
06-15-2006, 05:28 AM
any one mounted seats on the metal pedistals? were they screwed oand or glassed in and screwed?nedd some help!
why would u want to mount ur seats on metal pedestals?...unless of course, u wanted them to swivel? & if so, that might be kewl!!...i would lay some fiberglass cloth over the bases & glass over it & then screw them down with anchor bolts...very strong done this way...cover with ur carpet & ur good to go...just my .02 cents
fastrat

lucky
06-15-2006, 06:11 AM
i always mount from behind , and then bite em in the neck and make grunting noises ohh nevermind -- your actually looking for info :)

jkh04200
06-15-2006, 06:30 AM
I tried several diffrent ways and they always worked loose. I ended up replacing the floor, not because of the seats. Floor was getting soft spots.
Heres what I did.
Used 2 pcs of stainless plate 18" X 36" X 1/8"
Marked the holes for the mounting base.
Drilled 3/8" holes
Layed plate on bottom of plywood and marked plywood, drilled 1/2" holes in wood.
Installed 3/8" SS bolts through the bottom of plate and welded the head to the plate.
drilled small holes in the corner of the plate to hold plate to wood.
layed wood in boat, wood had already been cut to fit into boat and fiberglassed.
Ground down the stringers to allow for the 1/8 plate and a few of the bolt heads that the stringers were hitting.
Once it all fit good and flat I drilled a small hole every 6" through the plwood into the stringer.
Pulled the wood back out and where the small hole went through the plate I redrilled 3/8" holes to allow the deck screw to go into the stringer.
Now the whole floor would have to come out before the seats will budge.

moneysucker
06-15-2006, 06:31 AM
Lickity Split can get some pix of his buddies set up from Bond Marine. He went with aluminum mounts with air ride. He had a broken back and can't take the jarring of some of the rough stuff. They only raise the seat about 4 inched from the floor too. PM Lickity split.

jetboat
06-15-2006, 06:46 AM
does the paint on the metal have to bo removed?so the possible glass will stick?also the pedistalsare fixed.

FASTRAT
06-15-2006, 01:04 PM
does the paint on the metal have to bo removed?so the possible glass will stick?also the pedistalsare fixed.
i would remove the paint...the resin soaked mat/cloth will adhere much better to the base...the carpet will cover it
fastrat