PDA

View Full Version : BR Fathers Day Weekend

franky
06-15-2006, 06:28 AM
Could someone tell me what the schedule is. IS SAt or Sun the big day? Show...BBQ...etc.
Thanks, see you there.

GofastRacer
06-15-2006, 09:27 AM
Sat would be the big day!.... See ya there!..

63stevens
06-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Hey Art? When are you showing up?
Leaving the OC 7am fri. will be there around noon. In spot 129.
Rick

GofastRacer
06-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Hey Art? When are you showing up?
Leaving the OC 7am fri. will be there around noon. In spot 129.
Rick
Rick, we should be getting there about the same time, and I plan on putting mine in when I get there!.. I'll keep an eye out for ya!..

stix818
06-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Art we're in the same boat. Leaving around 7 but should be there by 8:30 or so and going straight into the water!!!:) The only question I have is where will I be able to park to unload and remain for the rest of the day. When we went two years ago no one was there.:(

GofastRacer
06-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Art we're in the same boat. Leaving around 7 but should be there by 8:30 or so and going straight into the water!!!:) The only question I have is where will I be able to park to unload and remain for the rest of the day. When we went two years ago no one was there.:(
That's the good part not too many on Fri, just go all the way to the end to the grass area, you'll see signs that say "Boat Show Area", you can park the boat there, I'll be leaving mine there overnight since I'm motelin it, then you can setup down by the water wherever you want, you can also anchor the boat right where you decide to hang out if you want!... See ya there!..

stix818
06-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Actually I can't read. We'll be showing up Saturday morning which by the sound of it may be pretty busy. This is a stupid question but just to be sure, everyone is going to Big River correct?? I talked to my old man today and he's excited for the first trip since her (1980 hondo) retirement!!! How does the show and shine/BBQ work? Pot luck?? It's been a couple years and I know last time was a journey so I was wondering if anyone had some simple directions coming from Vidal Junction??

GofastRacer
06-15-2006, 08:27 PM
Actually I can't read. We'll be showing up Saturday morning which by the sound of it may be pretty busy. This is a stupid question but just to be sure, everyone is going to Big River correct?? I talked to my old man today and he's excited for the first trip since her (1980 hondo) retirement!!! How does the show and shine/BBQ work? Pot luck?? It's been a couple years and I know last time was a journey so I was wondering if anyone had some simple directions coming from Vidal Junction??
Ok same deal no prob if you get there early, coming from Vidal just look for the big sign Big River can't miss it, when you come in just look for the RV Park signs, take you right to it!... If you want your boat in the show just park it in the area(you can pick a spot early in the morning), for the BBQ you buy a t shirt and it includes the BBQ!..

BILLY.B
06-15-2006, 08:33 PM
I was told that this was the last year. Al Alcorn & family have always done a 1st class job with this deal. I haven't been able to attend the last couple of years ( CFW one year, Chowchilla the next, and know getting ready for Burley) and I have really missed it. Great people, great fun. You guy's have a blast and be safe.

GofastRacer
06-15-2006, 08:43 PM
I was told that this was the last year. Al Alcorn & family have always done a 1st class job with this deal. I haven't been able to attend the last couple of years ( CFW one year, Chowchilla the next, and know getting ready for Burley) and I have really missed it. Great people, great fun. You guy's have a blast and be safe.
Yep unfortunately he's calling it quits, one reason not to miss this one it will be missed!... See ya in Burley!..

stix818
06-16-2006, 11:57 AM
Thanks, lookin forward to it. Just picked up 15 gallons of fuel and getting her cleaned up. What time does the show-n-shine start??