PDA

View Full Version : K - Boat Rule Enforcement - Open Cockpit...>

Chris Kenner - PS681
06-15-2006, 08:41 AM
Hi Guys,
Please read below message from Jeff Wooton - APBA Inboard Commissioner. Everyone needs to insure that all open cockpit K - boats meet these rules for Burley & all future APBA sanctioned races to be able to compete & to insure the success & future of the KRR class. Thanks.
CK
Please be aware of the rule requirement and enforcement for next weeks event. Per sanction, onsite P&G and visual inspection of blower will be mandatory and the following rules apply:
11. 51.12 – All existing open cockpit KRR boats shall have a maximum cubic inch limit of 470 c.i. The maximum supercharger size allowed shall be a GMC 8-71 design series roots type blower (includes aftermarket replacements). All newly constructed (after 2/2/2006) KRR boats must have registered reinforced cockpits.
12. 51.12 A – The minimum weight limit for all existing open cockpit KRR oats shall be 2250 lbs. (including driver).
13. 51.12 B – The driver shall wear a Kevlar driving suit.
Jeff Wooton, APBA Inboard Commissioner
(626) 755-6657
[/B]

gnRacer98
06-15-2006, 10:44 AM
Chris,
You missed the most important one, a violation of any of these rules means an IMMEDIATE return of the reinforced cockpit rule for ALL K-boats.

the real k-boat king
06-15-2006, 10:58 AM
Hi Guys,
Please read below message from Jeff Wooton - APBA Inboard Commissioner. Everyone needs to insure that all open cockpit K - boats meet these rules for Burley & all future APBA sanctioned races to be able to compete & to insure the success & future of the KRR class. Thanks.
CK
Please be aware of the rule requirement and enforcement for next weeks event. Per sanction, onsite P&G and visual inspection of blower will be mandatory and the following rules apply:
11. 51.12 – All existing open cockpit KRR boats shall have a maximum cubic inch limit of 470 c.i. The maximum supercharger size allowed shall be a GMC 8-71 design series roots type blower (includes aftermarket replacements). All newly constructed (after 2/2/2006) KRR boats must have registered reinforced cockpits.
12. 51.12 A – The minimum weight limit for all existing open cockpit KRR oats shall be 2250 lbs. (including driver).
13. 51.12 B – The driver shall wear a Kevlar driving suit.
Jeff Wooton, APBA Inboard Commissioner
(626) 755-6657
[/B]IF THIS IS THE CASE THEN WE NEED TO MAKE BURLEY NONE APBA. :idea:

FlatStupid
06-15-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm WITH the King on this one!!!!!!!!! :mad: and both my boats are APBA legal. We need BOATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

superdave013
06-15-2006, 12:09 PM
[/B]
Billy should not have a problem meeting the minumum weight requirement. :p

Sanger D
06-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Probably a dumb question ,but what do they mean by "reinforced cockpit"?,does this mean capsule or just (reinforcement in the bulkhead or what?) :idea:

Moneypitt
06-15-2006, 04:27 PM
It means a capsule type cockpit, re inforced, but not breakaway.........MP

Sanger D
06-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Thank you for clearing that up MP, I was just kinda curious about it,I guess this means alot of K's will NOT be racing anytime soon hah!! arn't SS and PS boats running only 20 to 30 MPH slower then a K? and on the same course?that rule will be making alot of people unhappy I presume!!!!

Moneypitt
06-15-2006, 05:26 PM
The Ks are alive and well. Racing Burley next week......The rule deal was only saying that if ANY of the non capped Ks break the rules, then the whole class reverts back to "capsuled boats only" as it has been for a few years now. The APBA rules commitee just this year backed things up a bit to allow the open boats back into competition. Limited to 470 inches and an 8-71 blower. The capped Ks are basicly unlimited. It took a few good people and a lot of time and effort to resurect this class..........And all the racers know the rules so there shouldn't be any problems............MP

BILLY.B
06-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Chris,
You missed the most important one, a violation of any of these rules means an IMMEDIATE return of the reinforced cockpit rule for ALL K-boats.Boy what a show that would be. 4 capsuled K-boats ( Tony / Duff/ John Britton/ Dennis Rankin. That would do the class proud :mad: :mad: . I'm not saying anything would be wrong with these drivers on the race course, but the fans want to see a full field. And getting these 4 guys to show at every race is slim to none. I know that the powers at be are trying to make this as safe as possible but C'MON!!!. You can't use all the power these engines make anyway. That's evident by the elasped times between an SS & a K. IF it's evident that a driver can't handle the job then park him. But right now this class needs boat attendence. And you all wonder why the NKRA had 13 boats at Needles last year. NO DRAMA!!!. Jeff is only doing what he was told to do by the powers at APBA. So don't hate the player.....Hate the game. Hopefully everything will work out so we can all run together and put on a great show that Burley deserves.

Life's Rough
06-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Boy what a show that would be. 4 capsuled K-boats ( Tony / Duff/ John Britton/ Dennis Rankin. That would do the class proud :mad: :mad: . I'm not saying anything would be wrong with these drivers on the race course, but the fans want to see a full field. And getting these 4 guys to show at rvery race is slim to none. I know that the powers at be are trying to make this as safe as possible but C'MON!!!. You can't use all the power these engines make anyway. That's evident by the elasped times between an SS & a K. IF it's evident that a driver can't handle the job then park him. But right now this class needs boat attendence. And you all wonder why the NKRA had 13 boats at Needles last year. NO DRAMA!!!. Jeff is only doing what he was told to do by the powers at APBA. So don't hate the player.....Hate the game. Hopefully everything will work out so we can all run together and put on a great show that Burley deserves.
I have personally inspected every boat on the attendance list and see them as legal K boats per the new rules, Any problems we all sit on the beach together.
That being said lets go have fun. K-711

BILLY.B
06-15-2006, 07:53 PM
I have personally inspected every boat on the attendance list and see them as legal K boats per the new rules, Any problems we all sit on the beach & PARTY together.
That being said lets go have fun. K-711I highlighted the one word you forgot Chief!!! :rollside:

FlatStupid
06-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Billy, that being said. We will park two boats and I'm guessin the only one that will be chasin Duff! CK! I'm hatin the game. Lets let them race!

BILLY.B
06-15-2006, 08:56 PM
Billy, that being said. We will park two boats and I'm guessin the only one that will be chasin Duff! CK! Chasin????. $hit. You need to think higher then that. You need to say something like... "Hey Duff". "Get a good look at this transom cause that's all your gonna see". :D :D Let's start some $hit. We only have a week to stir the pot. And I don't have much practice at this.

Wildchild80
06-15-2006, 10:25 PM
Chasin????. $hit. You need to think higher then that. You need to say something like... "Hey Duff". "Get a good look at this transom cause that's all your gonna see". :D :D Let's start some $hit. We only have a week to stir the pot. And I don't have much practice at this.
"Not much practice at stiring the pot" I believe you are called MR. LADEL

Rexone
06-15-2006, 10:50 PM
And I don't have much practice at this.
Just try not to go Knutts learnin. :)

MAXIMUS
06-16-2006, 06:10 AM
Just try not to go Knutts learnin. :)
LOL You said "knutts"... :messedup: