PDA

View Full Version : What's the story on the Yardhouse boat parking?

Havasu Hangin'
06-15-2006, 02:58 PM
There was a bunch of blow boats there last week. Where do we park now?
:cry:

spectras only
06-15-2006, 03:00 PM
Drop an anchor and use a small row boat to shore :)

Havasu Hangin'
06-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Drop an anchor and use a small row boat to shore :)
I'm gonna drop my anchor right on those damn sailboats...
:mad:

Kilrtoy
06-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Now Now calm down big guy....

Havasu Hangin'
06-15-2006, 05:25 PM
http://www.arcollectibles.com/rodsto~2.jpg
"Hey...you scratched my anchor!"

Ziggy
06-15-2006, 05:29 PM
ala Caddyshack

Jordy
06-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Hey Kilr, had any problems finding a spot to park the DCB at the Yardhouse in Long Beach??? I mean, the parking lot didn't seem that big last time we were there, but you never know. :D :D :D

bchbum
06-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Dock outside the marina ,at the dock right before Parkers :crossx:

sleekcraft137
06-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Dock outside the marina ,at the dock right before Parkers :crossx:Yeah and have a bunch of wakes come and beat your boat into the dock..........Sorry been there done that.

BajaMike
06-15-2006, 09:03 PM
There's no parking there....one or two spots, and that's it.
Same thing in Dana Point, no parking for visiting boaters. It just sucks....luckily, I can always get a spot, but visiters no way. So Cal boating harbors just don't get it.
I've been in little rivers in Louisiana, Alabama, or the west coast of Florida, with 50 to 100 spots for visiting boaters, and the bars are going off better then the sandbar, but the west coast harbors of California, forget it, they don't have a clue as to how much revenue they are missing....
Long Beach (no where to go), Newport (Woody's Warf has 3 slips), Dana Point (3 slips).......they don't have a clue!!!!

SUBPRIME
06-15-2006, 09:18 PM
Baja Mike you are so right if someone were to open a really kick ass bar either OC somewhere on the coast or at the river and had a ton of boat parking that place would be packed all the time!!!

Steamin' Rice
06-16-2006, 07:50 AM
Unfortunately there are only a few spots available for parking at the Yardhouse now.. Last season they made docking available for a charge, but there weren't enough boaters using the docks to break even on the deal, so they have converted those docks back to monthly slips for blow boters.
There is a long dock in Los Alamitos that has parking for a lot of boats, and there are a couple of restaurants to eat at that are decent.
Looks like we'll be making more trips to Avalon and the Isthmus this summer..

h2oski2fast
06-16-2006, 08:29 AM
Unfortunately there are only a few spots available for parking at the Yardhouse now.. Last season they made docking available for a charge, but there weren't enough boaters using the docks to break even on the deal, so they have converted those docks back to monthly slips for blow boters.
There is a long dock in Los Alamitos that has parking for a lot of boats, and there are a couple of restaurants to eat at that are decent.
Looks like we'll be making more trips to Avalon and the Isthmus this summer..
If you want a mooring there, be sure to be there before noon on Friday. Avalon is usually booked up on the weekends during the summer months.

laveydayz
06-16-2006, 08:47 AM
Hey Kilr, had any problems finding a spot to park the DCB at the Yardhouse in Long Beach??? I mean, the parking lot didn't seem that big last time we were there, but you never know. :D :D :D
OUCH!!!!!

nordy racer
06-16-2006, 09:58 AM
There's no parking there....one or two spots, and that's it.
Same thing in Dana Point, no parking for visiting boaters. It just sucks....luckily, I can always get a spot, but visiters no way. So Cal boating harbors just don't get it.
I've been in little rivers in Louisiana, Alabama, or the west coast of Florida, with 50 to 100 spots for visiting boaters, and the bars are going off better then the sandbar, but the west coast harbors of California, forget it, they don't have a clue as to how much revenue they are missing....
Long Beach (no where to go), Newport (Woody's Warf has 3 slips), Dana Point (3 slips).......they don't have a clue!!!!
TOTALLY TRUE MAN... west coast sucks for chilling... I lived in maryland most my life and the chesapeake bay area ROCKS.. tons of bars and docking areas up and down the coves.. you would think that with the amazing weather we would have more places to chill.