PDA

View Full Version : Confirming Havasu Water Level

Not So Fast
06-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Went out today and yes it is very low. In 4 years here it was this low once when they extended the Take Off Point ramp about 2 years ago and that was close to 445 so at 446 it is low. All I can say is "Be Careful", Channel is damn narrow at the south end. :chi: Peace, NSF

lalhc
06-15-2006, 07:08 PM
I was out on Tuesday, and it was "Winter" like low.

shueman
06-15-2006, 07:10 PM
Did they find the body..??

TCHB
06-15-2006, 07:21 PM
Last weekend it was very low and hope it is not lower.

MBlaster
06-15-2006, 07:48 PM
Hope its back up by next weekend.
Gonna be there for a week. :)

Kilrtoy
06-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Damn low, keep the drives up

Ultracrazy
06-15-2006, 07:53 PM
Damn low, keep the drives up
Launched at Moabi on Wednesday..........river was normal if not up a little. :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
06-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Looks like they are scheduled to start bringing it up today...
http://www.coloradoriverinfo.com/waterflowreports/2006/061206.html

Buster
06-15-2006, 08:08 PM
It is way low. Went to the Sandbar today and got stuck at the river head. Needed Seatow to pull us out.. One small channel heading up river, that was it.. Made it down ok, going up was another story.. :cry:
Watch the ramps and the known low points.

2Driver
06-15-2006, 08:09 PM
Went out today and yes it is very low. In 4 years here it was this low once when they extended the Take Off Point ramp about 2 years ago and that was close to 445 so at 446 it is low. All I can say is "Be Careful", Channel is damn narrow at the south end. :chi: Peace, NSF
Take off point can be a problem.
Bigger boats throttling onto the trailer create a hole, hence a berm out past where you think the water is deep. I launched my 21 carrera jet there years back and saw the fenders on the trailer go under so I thought I was good. I reversed out onto the berm and sucked rocks. Only time in 20 years of boating I ever hit something. But I made up for lost time that day.

2Driver
06-15-2006, 08:11 PM
It is way low. Went to the Sandbar today and got stuck at the river head. Needed Seatow to pull us out.. One small channel heading up river, that was it.. Made it down ok, going up was another story.. :cry:
Watch the ramps and the known low points.
and the one channel is where exactly? Ca side or the diagonal through the first set of tullies.

Buster
06-15-2006, 08:16 PM
It is wierd, normaly along the AZ reeds is fine, today it was very shallow. Stay to the right heading up river, but not to much. Best to back off and watch for the bottom. We were marking anywhere from 1.5 to 3.5' all the way through the river head.
Don't take my advice though, I had to be pulled off by SeaTow.
Good luck.

Not So Fast
06-16-2006, 07:00 AM
Did they find the body..??
My son said they found it. Paper is late as usual so ????
As far as the water level, yikes! :2purples: Windsor South ramp :crossx: And North on the sides kicks up dirt!! In front of the condos south of bridge I could walk out maybe 50 FT and still only titty high (I'm 6'7" though :rollside:) No kidding though I saw a small tree top coming out of the channel at the north end and lots of rocks EVERYWHERE! And yes I talked with a guy that also said he got stuck going up to the sandbar at the mouth of the river. Be safe! :D NSF

VESSEL ASSIST
06-16-2006, 07:26 AM
Don't take my advice though, I had to be pulled off by SeaTow.
Good luck.
OH...that's not so good.
For $127.00 a year membership to VESSEL ASSIST you could have been pulled off the sand with no out of pocket expense, have discounts at West Marine, discounts at marinas nation wide, a magazine subscription and know theres seven tow boats on the river and Havasu ready to help. 650,000 other members count on us, you can too.
Three boats in the L/B channel, One trailered in Havasu, One at Needles Marina, Two at Park Moabi Marina, yep we got ya covered.
The Unlimited Captains card is pretty much bullet proof. Outta gas, soft aground, broken, overheated, bent prop, expolded drive, motor fell outta the damn boat...your covered!!!
Give me a call when your ready & I'll hook it up for ya.
(866) SAFE-TOW
Cheers, Greg

VESSEL ASSIST
06-16-2006, 07:32 AM
Oh and did I mention from the time a tow boat leaves it's dock you are on the billing clock untill it returns to the same dock.
That's aka run, tow and run time or RTR.
Sea Tow's non-member rates are $200.00 per hour.
Vessel Assist Needles non-member rate is $175.00 per hour.
Kinda makes ya figure $127.00 for a year of service is pretty cheap.
Cheers, Greg

Wolskis_Bar
06-16-2006, 07:36 AM
Looks like July 4th weekend for higher water levels.
http://www.usbr.gov/lc/region/g4000/parker.pdf