PDA

View Full Version : S n O r I n G..............

Her454
01-05-2006, 10:15 AM
My sisters other half is driving her nutts and I am fearing for his safety if we can't find a way to quiet his snoring so she can get some sleep. Any suggestions out there.............................. :rollside:

hoolign
01-05-2006, 10:16 AM
My sisters other half is driving her nutts and I am fearing for his safety if we can't find a way to quiet his snoring so she can get some sleep. Any suggestions out there.............................. :rollside:
Get him on ***boat...he'll be up all night!

JB in so cal
01-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Place a pillow, very tightly, over his mouth and nose. SNoring should stop in mere moments.

riverroyal
I snore,but then Im asleep,who cares.....there is a surgery now for it

WYRD
Place a pillow over his face and hold it firmly in place for 96 seconds.................should do the trick :220v: :skull:

HOOTER SLED-
01-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Put a tit in his mouth.

WYRD
01-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Place a pillow, very tightly, over his mouth and nose. SNoring should stop in mere moments.
Evil minds think alike huh? :crossx:

Jbb
01-05-2006, 10:19 AM
A guy I work with had it bad...went to the sleep disorder clinc...sleep apnea is actually quite dangerous......he brought in the contraption he has to wear....air pump full nose and mouth mask...humidifier.....lol......looks like a deep sea diver outfit.......not much for the love life....and he said forced breathing takes some getting used to...but he said he never slept better
also if you whistle lightly while someone is snoring ...they will stop......for a while

riverroyal
01-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Put a tit in his mouth.
I have suggested to my wife,she went with the pillow idea

hoolign
01-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Put a tit in his mouth.
Yeah Tracy!..and post the pic...it's only a three day banning for first offence! Do it for your sister!

hoolign
01-05-2006, 10:23 AM
A guy I work with had it bad...went to the sleep disorder clinc...sleep apnea is actually quite dangerous......he brought in the contraption he has to wear....air pump full nose and mouth mask...humidifier.....lol......looks like a deep sea diver outfit.......not much for the love life....and he said forced breathing takes some getting used to...but he said he never slept better
also if you whistle lightly while someone is snoring ...they will stop......for a while
If you stand on the bed banging a pot and pan together as hard as you can..the snoring will stop for a while!

Jbb
01-05-2006, 10:32 AM
If you stand on the bed banging a pot and pan together as hard as you can..the snoring will stop for a while!
Well...yeah.....that too... :p

Her454
01-05-2006, 10:35 AM
She is almost to this point LOL............................

topless
01-05-2006, 10:37 AM
That's pretty common with people who are extremely overweight. Have him try Breathe Right Strips first. I heard that helps people to breathe from their nose instread of their mouths at night and can help with the snoring.

78Eliminator
01-05-2006, 10:37 AM
My girlfriend sleeps in another bedroom because of my snoring.

JB in so cal
01-05-2006, 10:38 AM
She is almost to this point LOL............................
From what I'm told, I snore on occasion. Hardly ever if I'm on my right side. Almost always on my left.

Jordy
That's the excuse she used huh??? :D :D :D

topless
Oh, and whats up with the BiG LeTtEr LiTtLe LeTtEr ??????

Jbb
01-05-2006, 10:39 AM
That's pretty common with people who are extremely overweight. Have him try Breathe Right Strips first. I heard that helps people to breathe from their nose instread of their mouths at night and can help with the snoring.
The guy I work with is not overweight at all...

78Eliminator
01-05-2006, 10:41 AM
I am not overweight and I have a huge snoring problem. I wake up still tired and with a sore throat. I have used the strips, throat spray, and nothing works.

Dave C
01-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Oh is that how you get her to leave.
Thanks for the tip! ;)

topless
01-05-2006, 10:45 AM
I am not overweight and I have a huge snoring problem. I wake up still tired and with a sore throat. I have used the strips, throat spray, and nothing works.No silly, Not snoring, sleep apnea. Some normal people get it too.....but everyone I know who has it is overweight. I've heard I snore sometimes too but I think it's a lie.

Chase
01-05-2006, 10:46 AM
I am with J...try the tit thing... LOL

Havasu_Dreamin
01-05-2006, 10:54 AM
It's probably sleep apnea, as has been said, it can be very dangerous. I suggest he go to the Dr and get a referral for a sleep diagnostic test. While sleep apnea is a common side affect of being overweight, it can and will occur in those that are fit as well.

hoolign
01-05-2006, 11:08 AM
She could also try aroma theropy... :D I suggest loading up on Broccoli!

I Feel the Need...
01-05-2006, 11:14 AM
I am not overweight and I have a huge snoring problem. I wake up still tired and with a sore throat. I have used the strips, throat spray, and nothing works.
Weight has something to do with it, but the skin on the top of your palate has more to do with it. The skin relaxes at night and if you breath through your mouth it vibrates causing snoring. If/when we drink it compounds the problem.

Rexone
01-05-2006, 11:22 AM
I suggest she get a barking dog. The kind that goes off about every 20 minutes as soon as you dose off. She'll no longer notice the snoring.

SummitKarl
01-05-2006, 11:26 AM
OH.......POT KETTLE BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jawdrop: :D
turn the toupee around :)

Rev. Williams
01-05-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm living proof that this can be fixed...........
I snored BAD for a long time, I was tired all the time and would come close to falling asleep at the wheel just driving to and from work (which is only a 9 mile drive). Then I went to the Dr and had surgery to fix a deviated septum and to clear the sinus area in the face. After that I had a Sleep Study done. This is were they hook you up to all sorts of monitors and record how well you sleep and how often you stop breathing. I was bad!! I stopped breathing constantly. The solution was a machine called a CPAP which is a device that you wear when sleeping that pressurizes your airway to keep the tongue from falling back on the throat and blockingthe airway. I can now say I'm snore free and WIDE AWAKE during the day!! It takes a good 2 - 3 weeks to get used to sleeping with this contraption, but is so worth it. Do a search on CPAP machines and ask your Dr about this. As some have mentioned, sleep apnea can be deadly, causing undue strain on the heart constantly. Get it handled and get a CPAP. Feel free to PM with any questions.

Tom Brown
01-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Tell your sister to start drinking as heavily as you do.

ROZ
01-05-2006, 12:05 PM
If she's hot, she can sleep at my house ;) :D

Her454
01-05-2006, 12:07 PM
OH.......POT KETTLE BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jawdrop: :D
turn the toupee around :)
YOU ARE lucky she does not read the boards LOL......
Tell your sister to start drinking as heavily as you do.
Thats funny considering she's the Black Sheep of the family and gave me my first beer. :rollside:

little rowe boat
01-05-2006, 12:09 PM
I had the surgery about 7 or 8 yrs ago. They first did a sleep study to find out if I had sleep apnea, which I did. The surgery was scheduled a few weeks later. During the surgery they remove the uvulla ( the little punching bag at the back of the throat) and a portion of the soft pallet. It only required a 1 night stay in the hospital and about 2 weeks off of work. A friend of mine uses the machine and he says that it works very well but takes some getting use to.

AzLakeLizard
01-05-2006, 12:15 PM
I have a sister who snores like a freight train... you can see the walls of the room start to IMPLODE when she breath's in!... YIKES..
She did the study for the sleep apnea but she didn't fall into that category..
What has been suggested to her is Surgery / the removal of the tonsils and adenoids!... Will hurt more the older you are.. (Had a friend just do it and she is snore free according to her doctor hubby.)
Might be another thing to look into.

bocco
01-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Try this. Cheap and easy.
http://www.snoringshop.com/snoreeze.htm

Ziggy
01-05-2006, 03:14 PM
She needs to go to bed before he does and be asleep. Then she won't hear it with a set of ear plugs.
Personally I give my wife a foot tap whenever she starts sawing redwoods.

lucky
01-05-2006, 03:18 PM
snoring seems to be a common problem -- just tell her to divorce him and move in with you !!!

hoolign
01-05-2006, 03:19 PM
She needs to go to bed before he does and be asleep. Then she won't hear it with a set of ear plugs.
Personally I give my wife a foot tap whenever she starts sawing redwoods.
Chuck Norris style??

Her454
01-05-2006, 03:29 PM
-- just tell her to divorce him and move in with you !!!
WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER..................
Thanks everyone, I am going to send all this info to her so maybe she can get him some help and her some sleep. :)

Ziggy
01-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Chuck Norris style??
LOL- :p -Not exactly...I don't try to wake her, just the nudge to make her move or close her mouth.
T, the breathe right strips might be of some help too.
And also, your sis subconsciencely is probably soooooo tuned in to listen for it that any little snort wakes her....funny as it may sound but some hypnosis to get her mind to relax and not tune in to the sound of snoring may be of some benefit.

Phat Matt
01-05-2006, 05:19 PM
Don't let Jen see this thread. I think I'll be sleeping in the other room tonight.

Terminal Velocity
01-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Have her hold his ba!!s up and away from the arsehole. They're obviously blocking the exhaust causing too much backpressure. Besides if she holds them he won't be asleep. :cool:

Seadog
01-06-2006, 06:50 AM
My brother had a problem with snoring since he was a child. Shared bedrooms was a bithc. A few years ago, he had the surgery to his throat. My wife and I had separate bedrooms for a couple of years because she is such a light sleeper. I went through a sleep study and got put on a CPAP. I was told they are not doing the surgery any more as the CPAP is the best method.
I sleep better and have less problems with my sinuses draining, which was my main problem. My wife and I are back in the same bed now (I need to do something about her snoring :rolleyes: ). It is a minor hassle, but does not get in the way of anything important. There are two types of masks. The common one is a cup that goes over the nose. The newer style, which is becoming popular, is a snorkle piece that has has soft inserts for the nostrils. This is a lot better for many who have mustaches or sensitive skin and have problems with the nose cups.
Sleep apnea has a lot of health affects. Acid reflux and constantly being tired are just a couple of common ones. I had tried the nose strips and a lot of the more common remedies and nothing did the job before the CPAP. Now if they would just make it to where you don't look like a Borg........