PDA

View Full Version : Lake Travis this weekend?

MrWilliam
06-16-2006, 09:06 AM
Anyone heading out to Lake Travis this weekend? Oh what ramp do you use? Ones that are open. They closed the briarcliff ramp so the closest ramp is pace bend.

R.A.D.man
06-16-2006, 03:22 PM
Did thay close the ramp at the Briarcliff Marina or the one at the end of Old Ferry Road?
The Pace Bend Park ramps are still open. They kinda suck, due to their one lane nature, no dock, and rocky shoreline. No good way to launch and retreive without good help because the ramps are busy now with the lake levels going down. I just used the east ramp and watched as these 3 guys trying to load up hit the rocks on the left, hit the rocks on the right, chewed the blades off their aluminum prop, and almost hurt one of their men by backing up to within 3 feet of him with the trim up while running in gear as he was standing in the water on the rocks trying to help. However, the problems they had were of their own inexperiece, not the ramps.
Anyways, if you see a bright yellow jet boat out there, thats me, try to say hi.

MrWilliam
06-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Both are closed. The one at the end of old ferry road has been closed for a while. The one at briarcliff was closed, opened, and now closed. If you don't know they are doing some major renovations down there. The lakehouse cafe was completely remodeled and a new marina is being built. It should all turn out real nice, for briarcliff....

MrWilliam
06-16-2006, 05:06 PM
BTW; i just got a 22' scarab. It's a fixer-upper. So if you see me first flag me down, not with a flare gun though (haha)...

R.A.D.man
06-19-2006, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the heads up on those 2 ramps. I was out Saturday and used the western ramp in Pace Bend. Not crowded at all due to the rain that morning. The afternoon was real nice. Hope to see you out there some time.