PDA

View Full Version : Audio Electronics Questions

MagicMtnDan
06-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Please help - I need to buy right away and am waiting for answers to these questions:
I'm going to buy a receiver to power four outdoor speakers (receiver inside, speakers outside :) ). I was thinking I'd simply make two speakers the front and two speakers rears but I want to be able to run either pair or both at the same time so I want to use the Speakers A and Speakers B switches to do that.
1. Any issues with running two pairs of speakers on A and B switches? (I'm not an EE or a geek so I know nothing about ohms).
2. While my receiver will be inside the house I/we will be outside. I want to use the receiver's remote. I know there's a way to help the receiver receive the remote's signal but I don't know how to do that, what to look for or where to get it (I assume it's a thingy that goes over the receiver's "remote eye" and extends it by wire - I think I've seen them in A/V stores. How do I do this?
Thanks in advance for your help!

MagicMtnDan
06-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Thanks SB. I can always count on you to be there with the hightech responses. :cool:

Tom Brown
06-16-2006, 10:54 PM
I recommend the Discover 8DA-A.

CARRERA
06-16-2006, 11:00 PM
Please help - I need to buy right away and am waiting for answers to these questions:
I'm going to buy a receiver to power four outdoor speakers (receiver inside, speakers outside :) ). I was thinking I'd simply make two speakers the front and two speakers rears but I want to be able to run either pair or both at the same time so I want to use the Speakers A and Speakers B switches to do that.
1. Any issues with running two pairs of speakers on A and B switches? (I'm not an EE or a geek so I know nothing about ohms).
2. While my receiver will be inside the house I/we will be outside. I want to use the receiver's remote. I know there's a way to help the receiver receive the remote's signal but I don't know how to do that, what to look for or where to get it (I assume it's a thingy that goes over the receiver's "remote eye" and extends it by wire - I think I've seen them in A/V stores. How do I do this?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Here is the answer to all your questions "Bose?