PDA

View Full Version : Big River Inn

78Southwind
06-16-2006, 05:49 PM
So what is the story with this? Just ran directions to Big River Inn and I get Turn Right on a local road. WTF is that I feel like I just got directions from a Hillbilly. :mad:
Anyone know what the name of this road is?
Take ramp onto I-10 EAST toward BEAUMONT - go 146.3 mi
10. Take the INTAKE BLVD exit toward NEEDLES - go 0.2 mi
11. Turn on INTAKE BLVD[US-95] - go 6.5 mi
12. Continue to follow US-95 - go 29.9 mi
13. Turn on a local road - go 5.5 mi
14. Continue on OLD PARKER RD - go 0.7 mi
15. Bear on PARKER RD - go 1.0 mi
16. Continue on CUYAMA TRL - go 0.2 mi
17. Turn on DEL REY DR - go 2.0 mi
18. Arrive at 150383 DEL REY DR, EARP, on the

78Southwind
06-16-2006, 06:46 PM
Just thought this might be a better way (safer and faster) than taking Desert Center or Vidal Junction. With my luck the local road is a dirt road. Good old yahoo maps.

GunninGopher
06-17-2006, 06:16 AM
I wanted to drive through and check that place out last year and I got so lost in there. There are a ton of roads with signs, but there is hardly anything built off of 95.
I don't know what your PM said, but there is a "Big River" sign on 95. It may be on Old Parker Road. Most of the streets have signs, so once your on that you should be OK.
What is the "Big River Inn" all about? I was looking for a place to stay for a weekend but everything there looked like it was private/Indian or long term RV.

78Southwind
06-17-2006, 12:25 PM
I am just trying to find an alternate route other than going through Desert Center or Vidal Junction. Yahoo Maps gave the previous directions which seem to save a little time over taking the 95 to Vidal Junction. However, I don’t want to get lost so I thought someone may know the actual name of this local road. If anyone is familiar with this area it should be just after Sutton Place.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1676Big_RiverInn.gif

78Southwind
06-17-2006, 12:31 PM
I wanted to drive through and check that place out last year and I got so lost in there. There are a ton of roads with signs, but there is hardly anything built off of 95.
I don't know what your PM said, but there is a "Big River" sign on 95. It may be on Old Parker Road. Most of the streets have signs, so once your on that you should be OK.
What is the "Big River Inn" all about? I was looking for a place to stay for a weekend but everything there looked like it was private/Indian or long term RV.
The so called local road runs into Old Parker RD. Maybe there are signs on the 95 before Vidal Junction.
Don't know much about Big River Inn but here is the number 760-665-9440.

GunninGopher
06-17-2006, 02:09 PM
Keep going about another 3 miles up 95 and you'll get to Old Parker Rd. That "Unnamed Rd" is about 1.5 miles past "Sutton Place" according to Google Earth.