PDA

View Full Version : Bilge water!

Burn Out
06-16-2006, 07:33 PM
So getting ready to launch today at the lake and a big Ford Harley truck with a Baja boat was down at the launch with their boat. I was getting out of my truck and getting the kids in the boat, ready to launch. They pull back up with the boat and need a jump start! I popped the hood on my truck and they had cables that reached, and after a while it finally started! 1st time out this year they say! They gave me their card to call them and check on them later!
They launch and are waiting for their driver. I launch and cruise around them and notice that the bilge is pumping a steady flow of water! I call them and tell them that I see a lot of water is being pumped out of their boat from the bilge! (I noticed that they did have their plug in when they launched!)
The guy said that "his motor is water cooled" and that's normal for water to be coming out of the bilge!
I think that he doesn't know much or am I wrong? An older Baja. I think about a few hours later I saw him being towed back to the marina.....looked like his boat...didn't want to call and find out!
:rollside:

sleekcraft137
06-16-2006, 08:52 PM
So getting ready to launch today at the lake and a big Ford Harley truck with a Baja boat was down at the launch with their boat. I was getting out of my truck and getting the kids in the boat, ready to launch. They pull back up with the boat and need a jump start! I popped the hood on my truck and they had cables that reached, and after a while it finally started! 1st time out this year they say! They gave me their card to call them and check on them later!
They launch and are waiting for their driver. I launch and cruise around them and notice that the bilge is pumping a steady flow of water! I call them and tell them that I see a lot of water is being pumped out of their boat from the bilge! (I noticed that they did have their plug in when they launched!)
The guy said that "his motor is water cooled" and that's normal for water to be coming out of the bilge!
I think that he doesn't know much or am I wrong? An older Baja. I think about a few hours later I saw him being towed back to the marina.....looked like his boat...didn't want to call and find out!
:rollside:He left the engine block drain open. Nice one, cant say that I havent done it once or twice.

Havasu Hangin'
06-17-2006, 04:46 AM
Maybe it was a water dump? I have four out the back of my transom.

Burn Out
06-17-2006, 12:15 PM
This was on the side of the boat, not the back! Makes sense with the engine plug!

RiverDave
06-17-2006, 02:57 PM
:rollside:
They gave YOU their card to check on them? WTF?
RD

OCMerrill
06-17-2006, 03:14 PM
They gave YOU their card to check on them? WTF?
RD
Just what I was thinking...This must be the new age $20 spot. :rolleyes: :rollside: