PDA

View Full Version : Best Place In So Cal For 1 Day Wakeboard Trip?

BajaMike
06-16-2006, 08:29 PM
I have a buddy and his son coming out from Alabama and I want to go for a day trip on next Friday or Saturday to teach his son some wakeboarding.
I live in Dana Point, and usually go to Havasu, but can't that week so I wanted someplace local.
I was thinking Lake Perris or Silverwood, go early in the morning to get some smooth water.
Any suggestions? We will be boating in Dana Point (where my boat is stored) and will take some surfing trips in the boat to San Anofre and Salt Creek, but I wanted to try to teach the Alabama kid to wakeboard.
Elsinore is not a consideration.... :yuk:
:idea:
My boat....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/502/1098Outlaw20-Lake_Powell2.JPG

Riomouse911
06-21-2006, 01:01 AM
Perris is kinda low (I guess the dam is a concern, so they lowered the water level). I haven't been there in 2 years, so I can't say whether it's shriveled up too much to enjoy...It's probably a heck of a lot closer to you than Silverwood, and less choppy until the lice chew up the water. Get there at first light, and you'll have a couple of hours of decent water.

djunkie
06-21-2006, 02:21 AM
Not sure if you wanna put your boat in the salt but there is always marine stadium.

Coach
06-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Elsinore is not a consideration....
I am not sure why to feel that way. Right now the water is good and if you get out between 7-11am the water is great and the crowds are small. Late July and Aug I don't go near Elsinore because of the green stuff, but June is normally decent. If not you might think about San Vicente which is not that far from Dana Point overall and the water is great.

Oilfield_trash
07-11-2006, 01:46 PM
How is wakeboarding at Long Beach Marine Stadium? Is there a lot of people usually out there? How's the chop?

Legal Chemistry
07-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Although a bit further, you may want to try San Diego's Lake Vincente. The reason I recommend this is that you can "rent" the ski/salomn area (I believe it's just you and a couple other boats.) Low/no traffic!