PDA

View Full Version : Searchlight, NV Property

Raisin Wake
06-17-2006, 06:10 PM
What's your opinion on buying property in Sarchlight, NV? Anybody now what the town is like?

locogringo
06-17-2006, 06:29 PM
keep "searching" somewhere else...

Mohave Vice
06-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Not sure. This area will take off, just don't know when. No better area en Nohave than Cottonwood. I'd sure like to buy the motel at Cottonwood Marina.

Raisin Wake
06-17-2006, 06:35 PM
keep "searching" somewhere else...
Why? Is there something we should know about Searchlight?

Playbuoy
06-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Not sure. This area will take off, just don't know when. No better area en Nohave than Cottonwood. I'd sure like to buy the motel at Cottonwood Marina.
That's gonna take some time and a lot of development.
Searchlight is a super small, old-school town. Great place to launch, but buying property? What's the cost per sq ft?

Raisin Wake
06-17-2006, 06:43 PM
That's gonna take some time and a lot of development.
Searchlight is a super small, old-school town. Great place to launch, but buying property? What's the cost per sq ft?
Well, I've seen lots for $100,000 that are about 6500 sq feet. This is a walled lot with all utilities present and ready to go.

beaverretriever
06-17-2006, 06:56 PM
It will be a long time before any kind of appreciation will set in on those properties. The problem with that area is almost everything around it is BLM land. What that means to you as a land/home buyer is; until BLM releases more property to the public there will be little or no commercial building (eg. Home Depot, super markets, etc). Without that development there will not be the want or need for people to buy or move there.
95% of people in the U.S. want convenience that is why most people live in or near a large city.
Good luck.

shueman
06-17-2006, 08:49 PM
Well, I've seen lots for $100,000 that are about 6500 sq feet. This is a walled lot with all utilities present and ready to go.
Way, way too much for the dirt out there....

djunkie
06-17-2006, 08:54 PM
You can get a bigger lot than that in Havasu for the same price if not less.

DILLIGAF
06-18-2006, 04:44 AM
I would be concerned about property theft out there. You would have to alarm your alarm :)

throttlejunkie
06-18-2006, 05:30 AM
I bought a place there 4 years ago, 2 lots with a mobile home on it and it has doubled in value since then. My neighbor there is building a single family gated community of tract homes. He has been in the process for probably 2 years but now is very close to start pouring slabs. The first phase is like 76 homes and I think all but 14 are already sold. There are several existing homes out there that really look like crap but I believe that over the next few years that code enforcement will step in and force people to clean up their property. As far as theft or vandalism goes, in the 4 years I have been there I have not had one single incident. Everyone that I have met that lives there is very cool and helpful, and look out for the ones that have vacation property there. The majority of the population there are retired Californians. I think Searchlight has a lot of potential, however in a way I would prefer that it not become the next Laughlin or whatever, I think the small town vibe is what keeps things quite and safe there now. I will buy more property there as soon as I have chance.

burtandnancy
06-18-2006, 08:42 AM
You can always hope for another gold or silver strike. Lots of mining in the area. Best thing Searchlite has going for it, it's only 36 miles from Lake Mead...

H20 Toie
06-18-2006, 08:53 AM
I bought a place there 4 years ago, 2 lots with a mobile home on it and it has doubled in value since then.
So now it's worth $5,000.00 :)

throttlejunkie
06-18-2006, 09:05 AM
actually $100,000.00 :)

HMF'er
06-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Have friends with vacations homes (trailers) there. Have stayed several times and its quiet. The price of that area now IMO is not worth it compared to established cities like LHC or BHC. If it were much cheaper, I would consider it.

lalhc
06-18-2006, 09:18 PM
Is that 6500 sq ft lot on the water? That price of 100 grand seems way too high if not on the water.