PDA

View Full Version : adjustment

deerob5000
06-17-2006, 09:29 PM
I keep having problems with my 6 x 9 speakers wires keep coming loose and i have to keep resoldering them. These are the wires that are on cone of the speaker. They keep coming loose when you stick something on that has a lot of bass. I think there putting out to much bass sometimes. How can adjust everything where it sounds good and i don't have to adjust everything depending on what type music I'm listening to. The speakers are being a little over powered they are only rated at 120RMS each at 4ohms. My amp is putting out 150 watts at 4ohms per channel. Or are they they just cheap speakers they are Audiobahn marine 6x9.

riverbound
06-17-2006, 09:38 PM
I keep having problems with my 6 x 9 speakers wires keep coming loose and i have to keep resoldering them. These are the wires that are on cone of the speaker. They keep coming loose when you stick something on that has a lot of bass. I think there putting out to much bass sometimes. How can adjust everything where it sounds good and i don't have to adjust everything depending on what type music I'm listening to. The speakers are being a little over powered they are only rated at 120RMS each at 4ohms. My amp is putting out 150 watts at 4ohms per channel. Or are they they just cheap speakers they are Audiobahn marine 6x9.
Bingo. ;)
where are your crossovers set at on your amp?
it kind of sounds like you are trying to get your 6x9s to play frequencies that are normally played by subs. Do you have subs?

deerob5000
06-17-2006, 09:44 PM
yeah I have one sub but that on diiferent amp. The amp that I have the 6 x9 on has 3 setting one to hit all your low,one which is full range and one that only hits highs. Ihave it set on full range right now. The amp says it has a built in cross over.

riverbound
06-17-2006, 10:07 PM
yeah I have one sub but that on diiferent amp. The amp that I have the 6 x9 on has 3 setting one to hit all your low,one which is full range and one that only hits highs. Ihave it set on full range right now. The amp says it has a built in cross over.
That is part of your problem right there. set the amp on high pass. let your subs handle all the bass.

deerob5000
06-17-2006, 10:12 PM
alright thanks ill try that and see how that goes.

deerob5000
06-20-2006, 07:29 AM
should I also adjust the level too.