PDA

View Full Version : Body of boater missing for 2 weeks found

RiverRatMike
06-17-2006, 09:47 PM
On Saturday Mohave County Sheriff's Deputies recovered the body of a boater missing since a two-boat collision June 3.
Lt. Randy Johnson said the body of David George Ramsey, 54, of Riverside, Calif., was spotted by a passing boater about one-half mile upriver from the mouth of Lake Havasu, on the Arizona side. At about 4:34 p.m. deputies responded and took the body on board. They transported the victim to Contact Point for transfer to the Medical Examiner. Cause of death is pending investigation.
Ramsey has been missing since June 3 when the boat he was piloting, a 28-foot Eliminator boat carrying four passengers in the area of Jopps Harbor Cove, collided with a 28-foot Advantage boat carrying 15 passengers, including 14 teachers from Phoenix.
He was ejected from the watercraft and the Sheriff's Office had been conducting daily surface searches of the scene of the accident. On Friday, for the first time since the days following the crash, the Sheriff's Office sent divers into the river but failed to uncover the missing man.
The other three passengers on Ramsey's boat did not sustain any injuries, however all 15 people onboard the Advantage boat were ejected from the watercraft. They were taken to Havasu Regional Medical Center where they were treated and released. One victim was admitted to the local hospital, undergoing skin grafts and other plastic surgery procedures and has been subsequently released.
The remaining two victims were airlifted to Las Vegas for treatment of more serious injuries. Janelle Smith was released from Sunrise Medical Center earlier this month, while Heather Storck remains listed in critical condition at University Medical Center.
Investigations in the circumstances surrounding the deaths of Ramsey, Cortez and Patin are ongoing.

shueman
06-18-2006, 04:19 AM
Closure for the families.

RiverRatMike
06-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Closure for the families.
yup I was out on the lake today and was I extra careful. All I could think of was all the deaths been going on out there on the lake lately. So I stayed on the beach more that I was out boating.