PDA

View Full Version : Advantage 28' cat

NO4NBRI
06-28-2002, 06:27 AM
Does anyone have an Advantage 28'cat? If so, how do you like it, what to do you have for power etcÂ… Give me all the details. I am shopping for cats, I really like both the Advantage and the Magic, I am still not sure what to buy. I rode in my friends Advantage 25' "V" this past weekend. Overall, it was a great boat it felt solid and was laid out really well. Any feedback on the Advantage 28' cat would be greatly appreciated.

bwcurry
07-15-2002, 04:13 PM
Your in luck. I bought a used 2001 28' party cat in May. I am not at all happy with the boat. I have had numerous problems with the boat that I equate to poor workmanship and design. However, the biggest problem that I still have not been able to resolve is that the boat porpoises between 25 and 45 mph, especially when the boat is loaded with more than 5 people. The manufacture continues to attempt to convince me that the problem is that I don't know how to drive and trim the boat. My belief is that there is a problem in the bottom design or I have a bad bottom on just my boat. I am currently posting a message on this msite asking other owners if they have experienced the same problems.

nmdcb
07-15-2002, 08:47 PM
there is a local advantage cat owner here in new mexico, actually there are two. one runs like a complete pig, the local dealer started with a volvo dual prop,and totally wrong xdimension,turned out to be a major mess for the owner to work out. he ended up with a merc setup, and is very unhappy with the performance. the second is getting a big cubic inch large hp motor, and porpoises so bad it practically rips the drive off the boat. they have gone through 2 or 3 drives so far. i am sure that half belongs on the shoulders of the dealer and the other half is on advantage. i have a buddy with the new magic and an hp500efi, he is happy. he only sees mid 70's in havasu out of his boat though. the quality is much improved over past years, he paid 72 with hp500, and the xz drive, not bad for the price. good luck.

BALLSDEEP
07-21-2002, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the info...