PDA

View Full Version : Finally running strong! $800 later.

stashtrey
06-18-2006, 08:11 PM
:rollside:
New carb
New fuel pump
New fuel lines
New wiring
New distributor
New fuel pressure regulator
New battery
Looks like my main problem was my old POS prestolite distributor and the POS Pertronix thingy.
I put a brand new Mallory distributor in with electronic ignition, rewired the ignition... turned key and engine runs like a top.
Took to the river... 2nd turn of the key engine sprung to life and ran all day long. Engine sounds much better now... I'm sure it's getting better spark.
Anyways. I think my worries are behind me. Crossing my fingers as I type this.
Thanks for all the info, advice, help, consoling etc. This board is great!

Cas
06-18-2006, 08:28 PM
Congrats! now you can jon us at Shasta next weekend so your wife can enjoy it also :)

malcolm
06-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Yeah, we could use some more Spectras there.

stashtrey
06-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Man! I wish I could make it up there. I'm going to a naval reunion with my dad next weekend and then to a big music festival the next weekend. :(
I'm thinking I'll do a coupld of 'after-work' runs this week. The river is nice and tame on weekday nights!
I really want to see some other spectras... compare and maybe get some ideas. I'll take pictures of mine this week when I go out. I forgot the camera today.
Now all I need is a diverter and my seats redone! That might have to wait until next season..... I don't want to piss the wifey off any more than I already have. lol

malcolm
06-18-2006, 08:52 PM
We should be there from Fri-Mon, does the reunion go all weekend? :crossx: